One Credit Classics Videogaming Channel

I love the Soulsbourne games, been playing them since Demon’s Souls, but for whatever reason I still haven’t gone all in on DS3 yet despite buying it for myself for my birthday in May 2016.

It's worth playing if I'm honest.
It's good, if a little formulaic.

Golden Axe
No Death
Hardest Difficulty

No offense but I'm going to sit this one out. I think in the three seasons I've seen you beat this twice already. I could be wrong but I feel this would be the third. I'm in for the next one though.

WE'RE BACK!!

EPISODE 60
GRADIUS
NES
NO DEATH CLEAR

Nice, I’ll give this a watch tonight. My earliest memory of Gradius was the little 20 second demo of it you could play in between periods in Blades of Steel back in the day. For years I thought it was called Contra because the little demo called it that for some weird reason.

WE'RE BACK!!

EPISODE 60
GRADIUS
NES
NO DEATH CLEAR

Just watched it. Jesus Christ that looked hard. Forget a no death play through, I’m convinced after watching that I’ll never beat the game period, it looks beyond my skill. Good work.

P.S. your wife’s toblerone/Ferrero Rocher cheesecake sounds fucking amazing! Post the recipe!

No offense but I'm going to sit this one out. I think in the three seasons I've seen you beat this twice already. I could be wrong but I feel this would be the third. I'm in for the next one though.

Yeah the Saturday videos are achievement runs on games I've done before etc, I get your point completely. I'll probably do one more Golden Axe (No Damage Taken Run) and then go onto something else for Saturday. I am, however, in the middle of an INSANE progress run. This'll be something HUGE if it comes off.

Just watched it. Jesus Christ that looked hard. Forget a no death play through, I’m convinced after watching that I’ll never beat the game period, it looks beyond my skill. Good work.

P.S. your wife’s toblerone/Ferrero Rocher cheesecake sounds fucking amazing! Post the recipe!

That Blades of Steel thing is super cool, I wasn't aware of that.
Gradius was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed doing it.

I'll get the specifics of the Cheesecake recipe but it's basically crushed biscuits and butter for the base, 400g of Philadelphia Soft Cheese and 300ml of Double Cream for the layering, then crush up some chocolate and mix it into the layering then combine the two and put them in the fridge. You then decorate the top with chocolate as you see fit. Honestly, it's ridiculous. It's all I can think about at the moment. Maybe that's why I can't quite nail this progress run. It'll come though, just takes time.

Episode 61
Street Fighter Alpha 2
SNES
No Rounds Lost Clear

Last Golden Axe video I promise hahah...
Unless I can do it without being hit.
Hardest difficulty, No life lost!

What’s the difference between these two? You’ve described them both as no lives lost on hardest difficulty. Am I missing something or misreading?

Yeah so the first one I take damage and get some health to take my energy back up.

On the second one I don't take any damage throughout the whole game.

I'm working on a hitless clear but I'm going to probably do that at the end of the season obviously.

I'm a bit Golden Axed out at the moment hahahah. I've got a BIG video coming tomorrow though, hopefully you enjoy it. It's taken months to get right.

Yeah so the first one I take damage and get some health to take my energy back up.

On the second one I don't take any damage throughout the whole game.

I'm working on a hitless clear but I'm going to probably do that at the end of the season obviously.

I'm a bit Golden Axed out at the moment hahahah. I've got a BIG video coming tomorrow though, hopefully you enjoy it. It's taken months to get right.

If in the second one you take no damage how does that not count as a hitless clear?

If in the second one you take no damage how does that not count as a hitless clear?

I get hit but it doesn't register as damage on my energy bar.
There are certain things you can take that don't reduce your health but you've still been hit.
Being knocked off a dragon is one and a running shoulderblock is another.

A true hitless clear is doing the entire game without getting touched once.
Truly frustrating, but quite addictive oddly.

This week's video is Golden A...
Just kidding!
Episode 62 is Ghouls and Ghosts - Arcade Version - No Death!

This week's video is Golden A...
Just kidding!
Episode 62 is Ghouls and Ghosts - Arcade Version - No Death!

I like the emotion at the end of the game. They have been games that I have screamed also when I finish them. I can't remember what they are but I know it's happened over 36 years of playing video games

I like the emotion at the end of the game. They have been games that I have screamed also when I finish them. I can't remember what they are but I know it's happened over 36 years of playing video games

It sounds cliche but it just happened. It's as the souls of the previous 411 takes all exited my body at the same point.
Also my wife/small dogs weren't too amused but hey ho, that's the way it happens sometimes!

Saturday video this week is Track & Field on the NES as I try and attempt a multiple loop clear!
Enjoy!

Episode 63 is now live my friends.
TRANSBOT
MASTER SYSTEM
NO DEATH CLEAR

Saturday video time and we're back on Champion Wrestler my friends!
Time to win the title with BLACK MACHINE!
Enjoy!

Back