ONE Championship

eseseses681

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
ONE30-Shanghai-keyart_EN-1200px.jpg

http://onefc.com/news/485-full-fight-card-for-one-dynasty-of-champions-shanghai.html

Main Event-
185-lb Championship bout: Igor Svirid vs. Vitaly Bigdash

Co-main Event-
155-lb bout: Roger Huerta vs. Koji Ando

Undercard-
145-lb bout: Kotetsu Boku vs. Major Overall
135-lb bout: Kim Dae-Hwan vs. Koetsu Okazaki
105-lb bout: Elena Pashnina vs. Angela Lee
145-lb bout: Jamiya Ayideng vs. LiGe Teng

125-lb tournament semi-final: Wang Ya Yong vs. Li Gao Yang
125-lb tournament semi-final: Hu Ri Ge vs. Liu Xiao Yang
125-lb tournament alternate bout: Yang Jian Bing vs. Wan Jian Ping

A lot of people were complaining about ONE based on their last two cards [I didn't think they were that bad; they knew Lethwei prospects would draw a bigger crowd in Burma than a bunch of Filipinos and Japanese would, so they filled the card with 'em to try and draw some attention and build interest-- Aung La N Sang would've been on the card, but he had Visa issues and couldn't leave America-- and the Guangzhou card had some solid fights on it and introduced some good prospects], but they've done a solid job with this one. It's, obviously, not as stacked as their Singapore and Philippines cards, but it's still good. It's also still got a one-night tournament on it to find some more Chinese prospects, so that's cool. The runner-up of the Guangzhou 125-lb tournament is the alternate in this tournament, so that'll be interesting.
Kim Dae-Hwan vs. Okazaki's a very interesting fight. The winner could potentially be one or two fights away from a rematch with Bibiano (Okazaki was very close to getting one before Kevin Belingon broke his streak.)
If Huerta manages to beat Ando impressively, he might get a shot at A_OK_I. If not impressively but he still wins, a fight between him and Caros Fodor in a title eliminator would be cool (assuming Fodor's still signed with ONE.)
Boku also looked good in dropping down to 145 when he KO'd the then-12-2 Juntaro Ushiku, who wasn't only the 2014 Pancrase 145-lb Neo-Blood tournament winner, but was on a 10-fight winning streak (and I'm also pretty sure had some kickboxing experience on top of that.) Major Overall's been very impressive in ONE, rebounding from his first defeat a weight-class up and not only showing a lot of explosiveness and power, which featured a brutal highlight-reel KO, but an improving skillset and well-roundedness. In a funfact, Kotetsu Boku works as a tattoo artist in addition to being a professional fighter and Major Overall's funny.
Pashnina apparently impressed in her ONE debut a couple weeks ago, so they're keeping her around. She's apparently a Wushu competitor, so that would explain why they like her (a lot of those Wushu people are very exciting), but they've given her two top Asian prospects in a row now that they're trying to build up, so she'll have hard time with it.

Asian mma-writers are afraid to ask them because it can lead to serious consequences. Journalism ethic has an another meaning overthere compare to Europe and North america.

Have you seen Dana talk to reporters?

Hope Jianbing bounces back (think he probably would've won his last fight had he not been a last minute replacement for a 1 night tournament). Good to see Dae Hwan Kim back in action, Okazaki has been hit and miss in ONE but it's been against good competition and he's a solid matchup for Kim. Huerta/Ando, Svirid/Bigdash, and Boku/Overall are great fights and looking forward to seeing Angela Lee again.

Fight is rescheduled to September 17th.

Still one of the Best ONE cards in recent memory. Ive been training with Major Overall he's looking like a BEAST!

Overall is a beast! Is he still fighting Boku?

glad to see ayideng jumayi show up again. he was doing pretty well in RUFF with only losses to irshaad sayed which isn't so bad.

great to see kim vs. okazaki, boku vs. overall, and huerta vs. anjo too. sick fights there.

Without weigh ins, I think that we can say that this card is cancelled......any OFFICIAL confirmation??????

THIS is what I'm talking about! Good looking card.

Huerta-Anjo is a good fight. Huerta gets Aoki if he wins?

fuck yes, huerta is fighting... will tune in if I can... hopefully huerta can get another win....

Decent card. When the hell is the Askren Santos rematch happening though.

hey with all of these palhares threads, I missed this, Roger Huerta is back putting on the hurta

Huerta fight is good, Kim fight is ok, not really that good of a card though but couple of ok fights.

Just looking up Huerta's fightfinder now, totally forgot he had that one fight last August. When I first saw this card I thought he hadn't fought since he got soccer kicked to death back in 2012.

Just looking up Huerta's fightfinder now, totally forgot he had that one fight last August. When I first saw this card I thought he hadn't fought since he got soccer kicked to death back in 2012.

I had no idea he fought in august, thought this was his first fight back too

Main Event-

Co-main Event-

Undercard-

Ok.

Who?

I don't care who thinks I am racist but those are some funny names. The alternate bout guys names are almost the same if you glance across then quickly. Hu RI Gi sounds like a pro wrestler name of you say it fast. Wang Ya Yong sounds like a sex act. FLAME AWAY!

Either way One has stepped up it's game with this card.

ONE30-Shanghai-keyart_EN-1200px.jpg

http://onefc.com/news/485-full-fight-card-for-one-dynasty-of-champions-shanghai.html

Main Event-

Co-main Event-

Undercard-

A lot of people were complaining about ONE based on their last two cards [I didn't think they were that bad; they knew Lethwei prospects would draw a bigger crowd in Burma than a bunch of Filipinos and Japanese would, so they filled the card with 'em to try and draw some attention and build interest-- Aung La N Sang would've been on the card, but he had Visa issues and couldn't leave America-- and the Guangzhou card had some solid fights on it and introduced some good prospects], but they've done a solid job with this one. It's, obviously, not as stacked as their Singapore and Philippines cards, but it's still good. It's also still got a one-night tournament on it to find some more Chinese prospects, so that's cool. The runner-up of the Guangzhou 125-lb tournament is the alternate in this tournament, so that'll be interesting.
Kim Dae-Hwan vs. Okazaki's a very interesting fight. The winner could potentially be one or two fights away from a rematch with Bibiano (Okazaki was very close to getting one before Kevin Belingon broke his streak.)
If Huerta manages to beat Ando impressively, he might get a shot at A_OK_I. If not impressively but he still wins, a fight between him and Caros Fodor in a title eliminator would be cool (assuming Fodor's still signed with ONE.)
Boku also looked good in dropping down to 145 when he KO'd the then-12-2 Juntaro Ushiku, who wasn't only the 2014 Pancrase 145-lb Neo-Blood tournament winner, but was on a 10-fight winning streak (and I'm also pretty sure had some kickboxing experience on top of that.) Major Overall's been very impressive in ONE, rebounding from his first defeat a weight-class up and not only showing a lot of explosiveness and power, which featured a brutal highlight-reel KO, but an improving skillset and well-roundedness. In a funfact, Kotetsu Boku works as a tattoo artist in addition to being a professional fighter and Major Overall's funny.
Pashnina apparently impressed in her ONE debut a couple weeks ago, so they're keeping her around. She's apparently a Wushu competitor, so that would explain why they like her (a lot of those Wushu people are very exciting), but they've given her two top Asian prospects in a row now that they're trying to build up, so she'll have hard time with it.

Major Overall is a guy that should be hyped because of his awesome highlight finishes.

Angela Lee is One Championship's Paige.

God forbid they put unknown local talent on the prelims.

Whining would imply I give a shit if One FC fails miserably (which they are beginning the slow decent of). I simply enjoy calling it out on it's shittyness.

Im pretty excited to see Overall, Huerta and Angela Lee. I feel Angela will be a bigger star in ONE than Ann Osman.

The card's gotten rescheduled (no news on when to, but probably soon) due to the "Victory over Japan [WWII]" celebration week. Apparently a whole bunch of businesses get shut down for the week cuz' of it, and they don't allow any concerts or anything during it. I guess they thought they could get away with it since it was in Shanghai and the card was a couple days before the celebrations really kick off, but they were misinformed. The M-1 Challenge 61 card got delayed (and, eventually, relocated) for the same reason. Tuesday was also a real weird time to have a fight card-- even with China being a completely different culture, it still seemed weird.
Just more of the challenges of China...

Edit: Apparently, a Maroon 5 concert got canceled as well. So this isn't just a thing with ONE, like people would initially think. The Chinese government isn't allowing anything to go on cuz' of the Victory over Japan celebration.

Last edited:
One FC is dying.

One Championship will no longer stage an event this week in Shanghai, China.

The Singapore-based organization on Friday announced via Weibo that its Sept. 1 fight card, “Dynasty of Champions,” has been “postponed” due to a conflict with a military anniversary. No new date for the event was announced, though the company noted that tickets for the event will be honored when it is rescheduled.

On Sept. 3, the Chinese government will observe the 70th anniversary of the “Victory of Chinese People’s Resistance Against Japanese Aggression” and the “World Anti-Fascist War.” The same observance forced M-1 Global to move next month’s M-1 Challenge 61 card from Beijing to Ingushetia, Russia.

One Championship “Dynasty of Champions” was slated to be headlined by a middleweight title bout between Igor Svirid and Vitaly Bigdash. It would also have featured the return of UFC veteran Roger Huerta against Japan’s Koji Ando.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/On...1-Dynasty-of-Champions-Card-in-Shanghai-91449

Back