News ONE Championship will be awarding US$50,000 performance bonuses at every event.

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Minimum of one bonus per show, and maximum of five, based on fighters' performances – and losers can win it too.

This Friday Nakashima fights one of Habib's guys.

Great use of all that new cash investors have brought in.

Not a big fan of One Championship as a company. But who knows if they can hang on they might strike it big.

They are in a good position in many areas that might one day become MMA fans.

Has Nakashima ever been in an exciting fight? I thought he would do better in one because of his stifling top control.

His fights against Abasov and Aoki were exciting to me :cool:

Damn, 50k goes a long way in a lot of the countries these fighters are based out of.

Lol
Yushin Okami fights this Friday too. How ironic would be that Okami grabs the first ever ONE performance bonus.
Not gonna happen.
He is fighting Ataides though, that guy is explosive.

Lol
Yushin Okami fights this Friday too. How ironic would be that Okami grabs the first ever ONE performance bonus.
Not gonna happen.
He is fighting Ataides though, that guy is explosive.
Okami bout is off, his opponent tested for Covid

it1lno8k2ab81.jpg

50K probably 5 to 8 times the amount most fighters on many of there cards make.

Maybe they should figure out a way to turn a profit before figuring out ways to blow more money after 10+ years.

Money laundering at its finest.

Didn't they used to do this and almost never actually awarded any bonuses? I may be misremembering though.

Okami bout is off, his opponent tested for Covid

Man, that card got hammered.

Splitting hairs here, but have you seen anything about his opponent actually having Covid? The news release had about 10 fighters being off the card due to 'Covid protocols' which makes me think it was more about obtaining the entry visa to Singapore as opposed to actually being Covid positive.

Man, that card got hammered.

Splitting hairs here, but have you seen anything about his opponent actually having Covid? The news release had about 10 fighters being off the card due to 'Covid protocols' which makes me think it was more about obtaining the entry visa to Singapore as opposed to actually being Covid positive.
Covid protocols usually means someone tested positive, not even just the fighter but maybe someone on their team and hence they are quarantined. I remember someone last year got quaratined since someone unrelated on the plane tested positive and they put everyone on the plane in quarantine. Singapore is pretty authoritarian so they do stuff people in other countries would find crazy.

ONE Championship has a seemingly endless supply of money.

They seem to have got that Arabian Gulf oil money.

Covid protocols usually means someone tested positive, not even just the fighter but maybe someone on their team and hence they are quarantined. I remember someone last year got quaratined since someone unrelated on the plane tested positive and they put everyone on the plane in quarantine. Singapore is pretty authoritarian so they do stuff people in other countries would find crazy.

Yes, that's what I meant. Doubt that many of the fighters tested positive for covid, probably a number of different reasons that these guys were not able to gain entry to Singapore or needed extended quarantine on arrival like you mentioned.

Back