ONE Championship Sign Saygid Izagakhmaev

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Khabib announces his protégé Saygid Izagakhmaev joins ONE... 19-2 welterweight.

I guess he'll challenge Kiamrian before long - that division really lacks depth, no?

I am surprised, honestly that he didn't sign with Combate

Last edited:
Decent fighter, would be in the UFC if he'd beaten Gerald Harris infront of Dana probably.

Glad to see them building out a welterweight division. I understand MW+ being tough but welter is an embarrassment of riches all over the globe. They could easily muster up a division big enough to at least have a top 5.

The name just rolls off the tongue.

We shall see if this is for serious or another, Usman/Bellator situation where it's just to build up his resume for a UFC deal

It seems to be really, really, ridiculously hard to get out of ONE once you're there.

Decent fighter, would be in the UFC if he'd beaten Gerald Harris infront of Dana probably.
In other thread you mention that you think because he is close with Khabib, Khabib might help him with signing with UFC.
I've seen that Khabib not so long ago said that Mamedov is in Bellator because Khabib wasn't able to get him in UFC. Also, I think Khabib promised to help with signing to Abbasov, Shlemenko and probably Dakaev and other champs of EFC (honestly, I don't remember what was his original annoucement -- how many times his champs will need to defend titles to be send to UFC).

But I think it will be interesting situation (if Izagakhmaev went to UFC) -- Khabib promises fighters to help with signing but it's his friends that get signed.

In other thread you mention that you think because he is close with Khabib, Khabib might help him with signing with UFC.
I've seen that Khabib not so long ago said that Mamedov is in Bellator because Khabib wasn't able to get him in UFC. Also, I think Khabib promised to help with signing to Abbasov, Shlemenko and probably Dakaev and other champs of EFC (honestly, I don't remember what was his original annoucement -- how many times his champs will need to defend titles to be send to UFC).

But I think it will be interesting situation (if Izagakhmaev went to UFC) -- Khabib promises fighters to help with signing but it's his friends that get signed.

Yeah, seems a bunch of Khabib's teammates aren't just being signed as I kind of suspected they would be.

Saygid will wipe out that bum division if he won't fight fellow Russian.

Yeah, seems a bunch of Khabib's teammates aren't just being signed as I kind of suspected they would be.
Khabib really thought Dana would give him preferential treatment because he made him tons of money. Unless you are actively contributing to Dana's wallet, he doesn't give a fuck about you and Khabib pulled a GSP, which probably bothered him much.

Dana is a living embodiment of the 18th century factory worker. He doesn't give a fuck about honor, loyalty, or whatever.

Ali is the only one who can get Russians into the UFC since he is basically on the UFC payroll and works for them and not his clients.

I like the idea that Khabib had in mind with the whole EFC thing, but at the end of the day, Dana is the one calling the shots on who gets a contract, and Russians just don't sell PPVs for the general Anglosphere audience, who the UFC is catered to. So much so that they are giving away the PPV with all the Russians and Eastern Europeans for free. Błachowicz is not even gonna get PPV points for a title defence.

Back