• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News ONE Championship is bigger than UFC, EPL, F1 and cricket (with statistics)

Yes I do. Contributor articles, not only on Forbes but other sites, are a really big problem. They spread a lot of misinformation and fake news with click bait titles. Many companies pay these bloggers to write favorable articles. They are essentially paid advertisement designed to look like legitimate reporting.
Most the shit people read on the internet is this.

This is online views for the year. Lol

Pakistan vs India cricket matches have had 1 billion viewers live before.

Mma is still a sport for peasants n Sherdoggers.

Lets be honest. OneFC is at least behind UFC, Bellator and PFL in terms of talent.

Their production, is at least on par with the UFC and Bellator. I actually like how they have a blend of the old UFC and PRIDE production. Their fights, even though they lack the talents of the UFC, have that raw, unfiltered realism that the old UFC had.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...-championship-has-beaten-the-ufc-in-asia/amp/

Forbes article explaining ONE beating the UFC in Asia. These numbers could for sure be real.

Watch the UFC nuthuggers will try to rationalize this...

It's one thing to nuthug fighters, but it's kind of weird to nuthug an organization. I grew up watching UFC, but the current UFC is not the same UFC back in the days. OneFC is bringing back that old UFC vibe, and I'm glad they're giving the current watered down UFC some competition.

ONE is literally a fuckin money laundering scheme. I don't know how everybody does not know this.

Don't I? While you're operating from pure emotion, I'm basing my statements on facts.

The post suggests that ONE Championship relies on and benefits from streaming, thus it has the hugest viewership. Yes, they have a large viewership among the poorest nations in the world. And not among the wealthiest nations in Asia. They will eventually run out of steam. Don't believe me?

Well, let's look at Google Trends to determine how widely searched and accessed their site and streaming platforms are for the last sixteen years, shall we?

• Negative One (<1) being countries "we actually stopped watching ONE after initial interest"
  • One Hundred (100) being "we're crazy for ONE Championship". If the country isn't listed - THEY DON'T SEARCH THE INTERNET OR WATCH IT AT ALL. LOL
  • Please note where the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Thailand and the UK rank - all well-known centers for MMA fans.
2-png.770418

Country one championship: (1/1/04 - 5/21/20)
  1. Myanmar (Burma) 100
  2. Uganda 97
  3. Kenya 63
  4. Nigeria 53
  5. Zimbabwe 44
  6. Zambia 30
  7. South Africa 25
  8. Singapore 25
  9. Congo - Kinshasa 21
  10. Philippines 17
  11. Mauritius 15
  12. Ghana 12
  13. Tanzania 11
  14. Cameroon 10
  15. Cambodia 9
  16. Malaysia 8
  17. United Kingdom 7
  18. Ireland 6
  19. New Zealand 4
  20. Indonesia 4
  21. Australia 3
  22. Thailand 3
  23. Norway 3
  24. United States 2
  25. Hong Kong 2
  26. United Arab Emirates 2
  27. Sweden 2
  28. Vietnam 2
  29. Netherlands 2
  30. Canada 2
  31. Tunisia 2
  32. Finland 1
  33. Portugal 1
  34. Italy 1
  35. India 1
  36. Croatia 1
  37. Denmark 1
  38. Pakistan 1
  39. Belgium 1
  40. Romania 1
  41. South Korea 1
  42. Spain 1
  43. Greece 1
  44. Czechia 1
  45. Switzerland 1
  46. Hungary 1
  47. Poland 1
  48. Austria 1
  49. Israel 1
  50. Germany 1
  51. France 1
  52. Japan 1
  53. Brazil 1
  54. Peru 1
  55. Saudi Arabia 1
  56. Taiwan 1
  57. Chile 1
  58. Mexico 1
  59. Argentina 1
  60. Colombia <1
  61. Russia <1
  62. Turkey <1
  63. Ukraine <1

Now, let's narrow the search just to last 12 months:
1-png.770419

Country one championship:(5/21/19 - 5/21/20)
  1. Myanmar (Burma) 100
  2. Uganda 35
  3. Singapore 23
  4. Congo - Kinshasa 19
  5. Zambia 17
  6. Brunei 17
  7. Nigeria 17
  8. Kenya 16
  9. Philippines 15
  10. South Africa 14
  11. Ethiopia 10
  12. Mauritius 10
  13. Malaysia 8
  14. Tanzania 8
  15. United Kingdom 5
  16. Ghana 5
  17. Cambodia 5
  18. Ireland 4
  19. New Zealand 4
  20. Thailand 4
  21. Australia 3
  22. Indonesia 3
  23. Norway 2
  24. Vietnam 2
  25. Sweden 2
  26. Canada 2
  27. Netherlands 2
  28. Hong Kong 2
  29. United States 2
  30. Portugal 1
  31. United Arab Emirates 1
  32. Finland 1
  33. Denmark 1
  34. Croatia 1
  35. Belgium 1
  36. Italy 1
  37. Serbia 1
  38. Switzerland 1
  39. South Korea 1
  40. Pakistan 1
  41. Spain 1
  42. Peru 1
  43. Chile 1
  44. Greece 1
  45. India 1
  46. Japan 1
  47. Austria 1
  48. Israel 1
  49. Bangladesh 1
  50. Argentina 1
  51. Poland 1
  52. Hungary 1
  53. France 1
  54. Saudi Arabia 1
  55. Brazil 1
  56. Mexico 1
  57. Czechia 1
  58. Taiwan <1
  59. Germany <1
  60. Romania <1
  61. Colombia <1
  62. Russia <1
  63. Turkey <1
  64. Ukraine <1
Surely you don't think Burma and Uganda can sustain ONE? LOL

Great stats! I'd like to point out a few things:

1) Google is not used in China, the biggest market in Asia. So by using Google as the measurement of how popular One FC is, a big piece of information is missing... Whoever wins the Chinese MMA market would most likely dominate the Asian MMA market.

Considering the fact that the UFC recently had a female Chinese champ, I think it's safe to assume that the UFC is winning.

2) One FC's 2nd most popular region is in Singapore (the promotion's base).

Singapore's GDP per capita for 2019 is $63,987.
US's GDP per capital for 2019 is $65,111.

3) One FC's popularity in Asia might be able to be translated into profit by way of broadcasting deals instead of the PPV model that the UFC use. Google search might not show this.

Great stats! I'd like to point out a few things:

1) Google is not used in China, the biggest market in Asia. So by using Google as the measurement of how popular One FC is, a big piece of information is missing... Whoever wins the Chinese MMA market would most likely dominate the Asian MMA market.

Considering the fact that the UFC recently had a female Chinese champ, I think it's safe to assume that the UFC is winning.

2) One FC's 2nd most popular region is in Singapore (the promotion's base).

Singapore's GDP per capita for 2019 is $63,987.
US's GDP per capital for 2019 is $65,111.

3) One FC's popularity in Asia might be able to be translated into profit by way of broadcasting deals instead of the PPV model that the UFC use. Google search might not show this.
Google analytics is not typically blocked by the Chinese government. But more importantly, unless the user is masking themselves, you can generally see when a website is being visited by a Chinese consumer. Even a simple wordpress site can detect most if not all Chinese users.

10 million views and less than 2k comments, obvious view bots. For comparison a ufc video w 1 mill views has 4k comments.

{<doc}

Jesus u guys are fuckin gullible

I'm not saying that One FC doesn't use bot, but it's equally naive for you to believe that the UFC doesn't use bot to comment.

This is online views for the year. Lol

Pakistan vs India cricket matches have had 1 billion viewers live before.

Mma is still a sport for peasants n Sherdoggers.

Proud to be a peasant with 5% body fat, benching 300lb, and banging 10's. <Lmaoo>

He doesn't have an idea. LOL

Here's a number I do know. ONEFC's combined losses for 2015 to 2017

-$64,176,527

If One FC is still alive and well, then it means one or more of the following:

1) The numbers for the losses are exaggerated.

2) One FC have deep pocket investors.

3) One FC is dying.

If One FC is still alive and well, then it means one or more of the following:

1) The numbers for the losses are exaggerated.

2) One FC have deep pocket investors.

3) One FC is dying.
  1. The numbers were disclosed by their owners
  2. One of their primary investors is a billionaire.
  3. Who knows?

Whatever the hell these random numbers are they're ridiculous.
The WWE isn't a sport.
Liverpool are part of the EPL.

And it all clearly means nothing at all because Football (soccer) is by far the biggest sport on the planet in any legitimate way of measuring it.

Chatri probably tries to use these numbers to attract big sponsors. But with the type of money they are probably looking for the numbers he quotes are gonna be critiqued and analysed by these companies.
Muay thai in thailand for example get pretty good sponsors i.e large beer companies, toyota etc but they are probaly lookin for 1/50th of what chatri is looking for One fc.

Dear sherfriends,

Check out the ranking of online viewership below, reported from a reliable source, some say.

What are your thoughts about this?

What can the UFC do to compete with ONE?

How does online viewership figures reflect on the success of each promotion and how much does it correlate to quality content, or is it just about availability?

How awesome would it be (for the fans) if UFC showed all their fights live in YouTube like ONE does?

Is mighty mouse still p4p #1?

How easy is it to bend statistics to say whatever you want?

Thanks

UEFA
EPL
Liverpool

...what?

There's obviously something weird about these numbers

1. The numbers were disclosed by their owners
  2. One of their primary investors is a billionaire.
  3. Who knows?

1. The owners exaggerated their losses for tax purposes?
2. Makes sense.

I tried to dig a bit deeper to find the actual source but the tubular labs website was confusing to say the least. However, views on youtube and facebook seemed to play a large factor in the rankings and glancing at the ONE and UFC youtube pages ONE seems to offer up a lot more free fights on that platform than the UFC...buuuuut the subscriber count and video views still seems to favor UFC by a large margin. So still no idea how they got these numbers, I call major league BS.

Back