News ONE Championship entering pay-per-view market with 10th anniversary event ONE: X

Ridiculous, IDK who would do worse on PPV, PFL or ONE...

I think it's only in Asia

Do people in that part the world generally purchase PPV of any kind???????

My understanding is most don't even pay for their TV media and the ones that do are usually just a standard package of channels.

My understanding is most don't even pay for their TV media and the ones that do are usually just a standard package of channels.
In Japan they do, that's the only one I know of though.

In Japan they do, that's the only one I know of though.
PPV is a dying model and it seems streaming platforms/subscription model is the way most other sports are going. Even the WWE went subscription model.

"Asia" is an impossibly vast and complex continent and this is key to ONE FC's failure to market themselves, their identity is so broad that it lacks any coherence

The population of Asia is 4.5+billion people. If an absolute fraction of a fraction paid for a $5 ppv then they'd be making bling.

The population of Asia is 4.5+billion people. If an absolute fraction of a fraction paid for a $5 ppv then they'd be making bling.

It is more about the culture and the demography. I guess asians are not into PPV compare to Europa and U.S since we have a higher income and we have an another approach to the sports. Say what you want about Ice Hockey but that business is huge.

It isn't that simple and that is why MMA and many businesses have struggled in that market.

The problem isn't just selling One fc ppv's they have to sell the concept of ppv's in most of asia (except japan) as the 99% of this audience have never bought a ppv. Thats why its such a tall order. People in thailand etc do not expect to pay to watch fighting on tv. It is totally alien to them.

Back