Once Yair cleans up his boxing he will be golden

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
thats his major glaring hole if he occupied some boxing fundamentals like a jab,body shots,1-2 combinations,counters,range finders,etc.

because doing spinning shit for every strike in every round is gonna make an unpredictable style predictable

if he slowed down uses solid boxing fundamentals to set up his spin attacks it would be beneficial to his game because his ground game,scrambles,offensive wrestling,ability to get back to his feet,and his kicking game are on point

he is only 23 so he has tons of time to improve

Lots of potential for sure but like you said he is young and he will mature

By clean up do you mean start from scratch?

Is it weird to be attracted to your 2nd cousin?

And his boxing defense. He should learn what that is.

dont bring a jab to a kickboxing fight, unless you are GSP.

>jab
>Jackson/Wink

top lel

Ppl were saying this about Pettis for a while too......Yair has better wrestling but its no guarantee his boxing will ever be good specially with Jackson and Wink.

If only it were that simple. The stance and footwork he uses is not suitable for boxing. Its not as if, he could simply "learn boxing" and be a boxing master while still throwing the same spinning stuff that he does

Dont want to sound negative but although he can improve his boxing over time he will always be mediocre at best. He doesnt have the natural ability to strike with his hands, he looks awkward doing so.

At 23 yrs old and having to work on other disciplines preventing him to focus entirely on boxing its going to be impossible to have major improvements.

Im a amateur boxer myself and i can tell if someone is a " natural " and can pick up and improve real quick or if someone is not. If you are not a natural talent its going to take years to get good and be comfortable throwing your hands.

sounds like you watched kenny and bisping talk about the fight. yawn.

Guy has a great striking base from what I can tell. Knows a lot of shit that's hard to learn. He'll be aight I think

those spinning feints expose him to counter as soon as the opponent figures out he feints 2 or 3 strikes before launching the real strike....

He demonstrated today that his aesthetically pleasing style isn't very effective or efficient. This will become even clearer as he climbs the rankings. Improving his boxing won't be enough to cut it in the top 5.

yea i noticed the same thing. Was sayin if his hands ever get as good as his feet he's a world beater. No shortage of good boxing in Mexico, or in the Chi. Hope he tightens it up cuz its the only real visible hole in his game rn. He's fancy but he needs solid bread n butter before he'll live up to his potential. Would like to see a good jab and right hand with some less fancy more effective kicks, just for those instances where he cant backflip kick a guy.

Caceres is a awkward guy and they're basically mirror images of eachother as far as their stand up so i wont judge em too harshly on that fight alone. But moving ahead he'll need more substance less flare.

Back