on top of my opponent in side control, but on my back.

jamiejamie6661

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
sorry best way that i i can explain it.

latley when i have been rolling i have ended up on top of my opponent in side control but on my back. when watching good jujitsu players in this position it seems they always are able to roll over into 'full' sidecontrol.

i however am not so fortunate. it seems this posistion just ends up as a mad scramble for me and doesnt seem as potentially advantagous is it should.

any ideas?

(i hope what i mean is clear)

Look up information on twister side control. It will give you extra option since you are more in twister side control then regular side control in the situation you are talking about. What kind of problems is the guy on bottom giving you? You doing gi or no gi?

I am not sure what he is talking about.. but it sounds like he is perhaps being caught in a crucifix?

no crucifix. just what seems like a dominant posistion turns into a scramble.

guy on bottom escapes or rolls me so i have to go to half or full guard

The reverse scarfhold is fine as a control position, or to transition to mount or north/south.

I like novelty submissions as much as the next guy, but the "Bas" crank? Meh.

Also, I am guessing you end up in this position because of how you are finishing your takedowns.

dont lift a leg, keep it posted and step the other leg under

also, trun towards the legs, not the head

try to keep control of his near arm

i end up here all the time also, because i hit petersons or hip heists from quarter

Back