News on this day Conor VS Poirer

Dustin is a great matchup for Conor, they basically both do the same thing except Conor is better

This is the fight where everyone including myself realized Connie was THE REAL DEAL{<Mcgoat}

Hungry Conor era was an amazing time to be a fan.

He truly was the most polarizing fighter I've ever seen in MMA.

This fight was an absolute massacre.
Conor when he was hungry.
maxresdefault.jpg

Conor went from plumber to king of the fight game. You can hate on Conor all you want but you can't deny that he's the most successful MMA athlete that there's ever been

I think Poirier would have much more of a shot than the first fight. He has evolved more as a fighter than Conor, has a much better camp behind him, and is way more durable at 155 than he was at 145. Styles make fight though so I'd still pick Conor ftw.

I remember watching this live. I was pulling the sherdog schtick at the time calling him the greatest of all time as he was walking out.
I still remember my casual friend saying: what, that's it? After conor sparked DP in rd1. Good times.

That completely depends on how you define "succesful".

- Generational wealth
- Fame
- Long time partner with 2 children
- Owner of a successful international whiskey brand
- Most recognizable Irish sports figure on the planet
- Biggest MMA star that there has ever been
- Holds multiple UFC records
- First ever simultaneous multiple weight UFC champion
- Has 5 out of 6 of the biggest UFC PPVs ever including number 1 and 2

You could nit pick some of these but the bottom line is that anybody who says Conor isn't successful is either a troll or a hater. Especially if that person is a sherdog poster

- Generational wealth
- Fame
- Long time partner with 2 children
- Owner of a successful international whiskey brand
- Most recognizable Irish sports figure on the planet
- Biggest MMA star that there has ever been
- Holds multiple UFC records
- First ever simultaneous multiple weight UFC champion
- Has 5 out of 6 of the biggest UFC PPVs ever including number 1 and 2

You could nit pick some of these but the bottom line is that anybody who says Conor isn't successful is either a troll or a hater. Especially if that person is a sherdog poster

I agree with you. It would be crazy to say that Conor isn't successful. I just said that him being "the most succesful" depends on what criteria you use. If it's money and notoriety outside of the sport, for sure. By these criteria Ronda and Brock are #2 and #3.

Personally when I think about an athlete's success I think about actual accolades in their sport. There Conor is nowhere near #1, although of course still elite and successful in an absolute sense.

Loved that old Conor who butchered bums left and right.

Back