• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

On night like this, you realize how many stars UFC let go to Bellator

Two of the "stars" UFC let go to Bellator, Sonnen and Wand, headlined a PPV that absolutely BOMBED.

No other organization will ever have success selling PPVs, outside of a few fighters the UFC doesn't really have success anymore either since it's a dying model. UFC basically monopolize MMA for all intents and purposes, they own the most important market, the casual fans. Because of that when people think MMA they just think UFC.

I doubt any of those stars would make a significant different in PPV buys.

Bellator's mindset:

im-here-for-the-scraps.jpg

I doubt any of those stars would make a significant different in PPV buys.

There are maybe 8 people in the entire sport that make any difference to PPV buys.

That isn't the point. The point is those guys would help fill out weak, watered-down cards like tonight.

Most of the guys they lost, they were out of title contention but would serve as great gatekeepers or for fun matchup fights.

I mean c'mon, would you prefer Hooker vs Diakiese or a fan pleaser like Rampage vs Wandy?

Nail on the head. /Thread.

Except that's not the point of the thread. The point is that there are too many watered-down, shitty cards in today's UFC. That's what you get when you let many of your known fighters leave.

We will see the Bellator numbers when those guys fight. If they are such superstars, then I am sure Bellator will post some huge numbers. LOL

Fighters don’t have to be huge stars to add value to a card. I, and I think most people, are more likely to buy a card where we actually know most of the fighters than one where we don’t, given the same main event. It’s not binary with only superstars and scrubs, there are levels of names/stars.

This card could use a few of the following:

Rory MacDonald
Gegard Mousasi
Benson Henderson
Ryan Bader
Phil Davis

if the main event tonight had been phil davis vs ryan bader u said what a shit main event this is so tell me what super stars ufc let go to bellator?

roy nelson no, frank mir no, chael left cause he couldn't beat usada test. rampage maybe. wand silva like oeds to much, josh Thomson no, soon mark hunt no.

if the main event tonight had been phil davis vs ryan bader u said what a shit main event this is so tell me what super stars ufc let go to bellator?

I already gave you 10 names of stars they let go. I could provide more, but there's no point.

But hey, if you like watered-down shit like tonight where you have some scrub featherweight with a 14-7 record on the main card, more power to ya'.

I already gave you 10 names of stars they let go. I could provide more, but there's no point.

But hey, if you like watered-down shit like tonight where you have some scrub featherweight with a 14-7 record on the main card, more power to ya'.

almost all the guys ufc lets go didn't sell as main events so it wouldn't matter.

if tonight had roy vs matt and chael vs rampage as phil davis would the ppv sales be any better.

what would rory vs daley done to change ppv sales nothing. larkin vs rory doesn't do much either.

o wait if tonight main event been benson Henderson vs josh Thomson that would of sold 2 million ppv buys im sure.

Back