• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Olympic Boxing thread: Every night Starting 7/23.

That KD by Sousa was beautiful, hopefully the US doesn't come away with 2 silvers, although it's expected going into the matches. The UK guy did show the #1seed could be hurt though so maybe the US fighter at SHW can pull off the upset.
I'm just gonna assume dude will go 0-4 in matches vs the Cuban.

Khyzhniak is trash. He didn't deserve to be in the final, and was asking for that KO with that non-existent defense. The brazilian was so happy omg. Him and the italian who won the gold in the long jump are the two happiest people I've seen in these Olympics.

Didn't like the Khyzniak stoppage tbh, but then again maybe the ref saw something I didn't. Either way, I don't think he's gonna be very good when he hits the pros. His fight with Marcial could have gone either way as well and I think if it had been a pro-style matchup Marcial would have eventually worn him down to some kind of stoppage.

Khyzhniak is trash. He didn't deserve to be in the final, and was asking for that KO with that non-existent defense. The brazilian was so happy omg. Him and the italian who won the gold in the long jump are the two happiest people I've seen in these Olympics.
Didn't like the Khyzniak stoppage tbh, but then again maybe the ref saw something I didn't. Either way, I don't think he's gonna be very good when he hits the pros. His fight with Marcial could have gone either way as well and I think if it had been a pro-style matchup Marcial would have eventually worn him down to some kind of stoppage.
He reminds me of Vladimir Nikitin.

1 style that could be figured out.

Nikitin was terrible as a pro. Lost to some MMA fighters but got gift decisions

Got a draw against a jobber.

That was incredible, I was waiting for that knock; out more body work would've ended it sooner.

Last edited:

He was literally out, that was a good stoppage, especially after that dangerous Karate knock out, taken on a stretcher and didn't wake up until in the hospital with a massive headache.

Khyzhniak got to gready he was winning the fight already up two rounds just coast to the Gold Medal but he fought to aggressive leaving himself open for a knock out, when he should've fought smart and just boxed, big, huge mistake.

He was literally out, that was a good stoppage, especially after that dangerous Karate knock out, taken on a stretcher and didn't wake up until in the hospital with a massive headache.
ahhh well I didn't see him out, nvm then lol

Who you guys favor? Cruz or Davis?

Good start. Davis getting a little outworked but timing the bigger shots. Close

I hate how boxers raise their hand after landing a punch. Like begging the judges to score it even if they missed

Back