Media Oliveira's chin

I would say the way he fights does mean he's open to flash knockdowns, very upright and aggressive. I mean he was clearly hurt in the first but I wouldnt say he really got the crap beaten out of him to the degree coming back was freakish.
Not that he got the crap beat out of him (although he did) just the nature of what happened in the first round. He got rocked on the feet in the opening seconds but it’s all good because when the fight hits the ground his sharp BJJ will be his backup to sub Chandler. Oh shit, that didn't work. Let's see if i can outstrike Chandler then, oh fuck i got hurt again and the ref was seconds away from stopping it. Now the round is over.

We've seen many many fighters get discouraged after a disasterous first round and become a shell for the rest of the fight. Not Charles. Not that day.

it is, but also really dumb approach by chandler to start the second round like that.
Yeah he smelled blood and got a bit reckless. A thing you can't do with that kind of level in the Lightweight division.
Who knows what would've happened if he approached it a bit more patient in the 2nd.

The fact is that Oliveira has been KO’d many times so his chin isn’t that great. Either Poirier or Conor will KO Charles unless he manages to submit them prior to that.
Conor? LMAO Conor doesn't hit harder than Chandler. Conors power was when he was at 145 with a massive size advantage from the IVs. Conor has avg power at LW, and is very overrated by many. Dustin has more pop and isn't going to lose to Conor, and is an actual threat to Charles.

Yeah he smelled blood and got a bit reckless. A thing you can't do with that kind of level in the Lightweight division.
Who knows what would've happened if he approached it a bit more patient in the 2nd.
yup. should've gone again with long punches from the outside and pick him slowly apart, just like in the first round, instead of exposing himself like that.

A lot has been talked about his head movement so I'm not interested in talking about that. Can we talk about his chin ? The two times he got it, he got hit with an off balance jab with Chandler overextending and left hook. Again feet not planted iirc.

Both times didn't look that powerful but he acted like it was ngannou. Does Chandler really have that kind of power? Or is Oliveira's chin highly questionable.

What's going to happen if Conor or Dustin hits him clean with a power shot?

You think Oliveira would be bothered by Conor? Really?

Yeah just imagine if he got hit by this

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

{<jordan}

Conor can't punch at 155. His "power" only works on enraged manlets at 145, little 5'5 guys who were blindly raging to bolivian and he managed to time with a counter left.

The truth is he'll take Conor's vaunted "da left hand" just fine, as would any other solid, elite 155 pounder.

Poirier or Justin is another matter. I think Oliveira beats Justin, he's just a better all round fighter, and Justin isn't exactly immune to damage himself. Poirier should be a clear favourite over Charles though.

And while Chandler obviously has power and athleticism, I'm not convinced he's THAT powerful. Hooker was damaged goods, and Chadler just swings for the fences. He's pretty basic tbh, and will probably be a .5 fighter at best in the UFC.

Poirier probably hits harder, and has much better technique.

yup. should've gone again with long punches from the outside and pick him slowly apart, just like in the first round, instead of exposing himself like that.
Chandler probably finished oliveira in the first if he let Oliveira back up instead of trying to land gnp.

Oliveira probably finishes the fight in the first if he had tighter defense while backing up. Or if he didn't back up much at all.

You think Oliveira would be bothered by Conor? Really?

Yeah just imagine if he got hit by this

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

{<jordan}

Conor can't punch at 155. His "power" only works on enraged manlets at 145, little 5'5 guys who were blindly raging to bolivian and he managed to time with a counter left.

The truth is he'll take Conor's vaunted "da left hand" just fine, as would any other solid, elite 155 pounder.

Poirier or Justin is another matter. I think Oliveira beats Justin, he's just a better all round fighter, and Justin isn't exactly immune to damage himself. Poirier should be a clear favourite over Charles though.

And while Chandler obviously has power and athleticism, I'm not convinced he's THAT powerful. Hooker was damaged goods, and Chadler just swings for the fences. He's pretty basic tbh, and will probably be a .5 fighter at best in the UFC.

Poirier probably hits harder, and has much better technique.
Agree to disagree on Conor. I dont think Conor is a hard puncher like he's this devestating guy but he has clean technique and he's pretty good at setting traps. Chandler didn't land clean. He clipped Oliveira and had Oli stunned. I think Dustin and Conor can set traps to land clean .

I think Chandler is the hardest hitting lw when his feet are firny planted and he throws everything into his strikes. That's why he gases so fast. I don't believe he's powerful to stun a guy lunging in with no power. I'm sorry I don't buy it. I think that's more of Oliveira doesn't like being hit in the face or comforter being hit with the face I should say. Some guys can take a punch better than others in different areas than others. For example, DC's weakness was body shots. He couldn't take much if those but he could take it to the face just fine.

Charles ate Chandler's bodyshots like they were nothing. Unfazed by them but clipped in the face and he became a different fighter. I don't think he was stunned, out or anything like that. I just think he was uncomfortable taking shots to the face lol. I dont blame him

His chin ain't weak, but it also isn't good. The 3 times he got KO'd 2 of them were really long time ago and against good strikers in Cerrone and Cub.

Conor can KO him but I think he would potentially struggle to do that based on Oli's pressure and tdd threat. Dustin is the more worrying fight since he can easily match and surpass Charles pressure and would piece him up if he didn't get it to the ground quick.

I get that but one punch power lunging in off balance? I don't buy that.

I see what you mean but he was throwing everything with bad intentions. He was on pace to be completely gassed out within 8 minutes of the fight if it went that long. I think Chuck got cracked pretty hard. Hes been knocked out only 3 times in almost 40 fights so I don't think his chin is that bad.

very sus chin. i doubt he can to war with the likes of Dustin or Gaethje

I see what you mean but he was throwing everything with bad intentions. He was on pace to be completely gassed out within 8 minutes of the fight if it went that long. I think Chuck got cracked pretty hard. Hes been knocked out only 3 times in almost 40 fights so I don't think his chin is that bad.
I added teh video. Let me know your thoughts. I thought he got clipped. I don't think it was that hard. Maybe because he doesn't roll with it if affects him more, but idk

I’d say he hits harder than both Conor and Dustin cuz he puts way more effort in his punches.

Oliveiras chin isn’t very impressive though

dustin and Conor are more technical more about precision and timing . Chandler is a power puncher who’s all about exploding and overwhelming . It makes him a dangerous fight for anyone but I think it’s why unless he’s given all the right match ups he won’t get the title. Can get it but only with the right amount of luck .

feet planted. switches to south paw stance and explodes off the right foot. With charles, he had a glancing blow. Twice. I added a video in the OP

His chin is insanely questionable, it'll be the end of him. I guarantee he loses his title in his next fight against anyone in the top 5 by way of KO (maybe not Dariush though).

His chin is insanely questionable, it'll be the end of him. I guarantee he loses his title in his next fight against anyone in the top 5 by way of KO (maybe not Dariush though).
dariush is a fake top 3, imo. Jumping six spots while tony falls down only 1 is BS lol.

Back