Oliveira has to be next in line

mikenason

Crush 'Em.
@Brown
Reaction score
Dustin Poirier should fight Oliveira. He beat Tony Ferguson fair and square and Dustin already beat Gaethje so no one wants to see that again. Khabib will vacate the belt because he’s not coming back to fight Poirier again when he just beat him. Conor vs Nate 3 is the absolute next fight to make. Both coming off of Loses. Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson next because he needs 1 more fight before fighting for the title, if he destroys Ferguson then there will be NO question he fights Poirier/Oliveira next

I agree with everything you said except for Chandler/Ferguson next. Chandler/Gaethje in a #1 contender fight makes a lot more sense.
This. I’m also fine with Chandler just getting the next shot, but I think a fight with Gaethje makes more sense.

100%
iu

Charlie Olives beat a bunch of sloppy seconds coming off losses. His only decent win is the ghost of Tony Ferguson, who didnt fight any top contenders during his wining streak either.

You dont get title shots by beating Teymur, Lentz, and Jared Gordons. Make him beat a legit contender not a bunch of deflated losers

Oliveira has been forever in the UFC and only managed to get to the top for beating a washed up Tony. He was always mediocre

I'd rather see Chandler fighting for the belt

Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson next because he needs 1 more fight before fighting for the title, if he destroys Ferguson then there will be NO question he fights Poirier/Oliveira next

I agreed with everything you said except for this part. Why does beating Ferguson now reward you with the title fight? The guys who deserve the title shot most are:

1. Poirier
2. Oliveira
3. Gaethje

Chandler should fight Gaethje. The winner of that bout fights the LW champ (which will be Poirier or Oliveira).

Oliveira has been forever in the UFC and only managed to get to the top for beating a washed up Tony. He was always mediocre

Such nonsense. The division and promotion where Oliveira is fighting in is by itself hard enough to even reach the top 15. Let alone making it to the top 3. Chandler just had 1 UFC fight mate. He does not deserve more than Oliveira. The best and most fair scenario would be:

Poirier vs Oliveira (title)
Gaetjhe vs Chandler (#1 contender)

Should be but they are gonna Tony the fuck out of him!!! Dana will feed him top 5s until he loses. Conner, Nate and Chandler will all get shots before him

I agreed with everything you said except for this part. Why does beating Ferguson now reward you with the title fight? The guys who deserve the title shot most are:

1. Poirier
2. Oliveira
3. Gaethje

Chandler should fight Gaethje. The winner of that bout fights the LW champ (which will be Poirier or Oliveira).
exactly what i was thinking. chandler tho should not have been shot up the 155 ladder at all. especially after his KO loss to patricio pitbull.

Dustin Poirier should fight Oliveira. He beat Tony Ferguson fair and square and Dustin already beat Gaethje so no one wants to see that again. Khabib will vacate the belt because he’s not coming back to fight Poirier again when he just beat him. Conor vs Nate 3 is the absolute next fight to make. Both coming off of Loses. Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson next because he needs 1 more fight before fighting for the title, if he destroys Ferguson then there will be NO question he fights Poirier/Oliveira next
Nah. Chandler showed he is good enough to fight for the title. He is a decorated fighter and should get the next shot. It's sad for Oliveira, but he will get his shot later. Imo, these are the fights to make.

Chandler x Poirier
Oliveira x Gaethje
Conor x Diaz
Ferg x Felder

1. Poirier
2. Oliveira
3. Gaethje

Well, you agree it gives Oliveira his shot? I mean, Oliveira beat a lot of mediocre guys (no disrespect). He get's a push from fans and media, but I feel it's:

Poirier
Chandler
Oliveira
Gaethje

I am pretty confident Chandler gets the next shot, he passed the test

Well, you agree it gives Oliveira his shot? I mean, Oliveira beat a lot of mediocre guys (no disrespect). He get's a push from fans and media, but I feel it's:

Poirier
Chandler
Oliveira
Gaethje

I am pretty confident Chandler gets the next shot, he passed the test

So the bulk of work Chandler did is more titleshot deserving than the bulk of work Oliveira did in he UFC??

So the bulk of work Chandler did is more titleshot deserving than the bulk of work Oliveira did in he UFC??
Yes, for me it is. I can't be mad if they book Oliveira, but I feel they will book Chandler. It's a more interesting fight for the UFC, it will be easier to generate hype and Chandler is a bigger name.

I know people credit Oliveira for his destruction of Tony, but I honestly think Tony must stop fighting right now, to save him from another beating. I find it sad to see him fight tbh

Dustin dont want killers, he just wants washed up people with big pay checks like Connor from now on

Charlie Olives beat a bunch of sloppy seconds coming off losses. His only decent win is the ghost of Tony Ferguson, who didnt fight any top contenders during his wining streak either.

You dont get title shots by beating Teymur, Lentz, and Jared Gordons. Make him beat a legit contender not a bunch of deflated losers

Oliveiras Last 10 Wins:

Tony Ferguson: (Current #4 UFC LW, #5 Tapology LW) Former Interim UFC Lightweight Champion, 25-4 overall record

Kevin Lee: (Current #11 UFC LW & #12 Tapology LW), 18-5 overall record, fought for Interim UFC LW Championship

Jared Gordon: 16-4 overall record

Nik Lentz: 30-12-2-(1) overall record (Finished Will Brooks who Chandler lost too twice)

David Teymur: (#33 Tapology LW), 8-2 overall MMA record,

Jim Miller: (#26 LW Tapology LW), 32-15-1 overall MMA record,

Christos Giagos: (#46 Tapology LW), 18-8 overall MMA record

Clay Guida: (#38 Tapology LW), 35-20 overall MMA record,

Will Brooks: (#90 Tapology LW), 2-0 versus Michael Chandler, 1-3 UFC record, Former Interim & Undisputed Bellator LW Champion

Chandlers Last 10 Wins:

Dan Hooker: (Current #6 UFC LW, #6 Tapology LW), 20-10 overall MMA record

Benson Henderson: 37 years old, Former UFC LW Champion (2012-2013), 28-10 overall record, 0-2 versus Chandler

Sidney Outlaw: (#109 Tapology LW), 2-1 Bellator record, 14-4 overall record

Brent Primus: (#56 Tapology LW), 1-1 record against Chandler, Former Bellator LW Champion, 10-1 overall record

Brandon Girtz: 16-10 overall record, 8-8 Bellator record, 2-6 in last 8 fights

Goiti Yamauchi: (#91 Tapology LW), 25-4 overall record

Patricky Freire: (#64 Tapology LW, 23-9 overall record, 0-2 versus Chandler

David Rickels: (#99 Tapology LW), 21-6-(2) overall record, 0-2 versus Chandler

Derek Campos: 9-9 Bellator record, 20-11 overall record

Rick Hawn: 21-4 overall record, 36 at the time of fight versus 26 year old Chandler

So the highest ranked (as per Tapology) LW that Chandler beat in Bellator is ranked below the lowest ranked fighter Oliveira beat (with the exception of Mr. Brooks who Chandler fans would rather forget).

Chandler was a mediocre fighter who fought cans his entire Bellator tenure, he left Bellator because they told him they were done giving him title shots for vacant belts only for him to blow them (6-5 in title fights).

Oliveiras Last 10 Wins:

Tony Ferguson: (Current #4 UFC LW, #5 Tapology LW) Former Interim UFC Lightweight Champion, 25-4 overall record

Kevin Lee: (Current #11 UFC LW & #12 Tapology LW), 18-5 overall record, fought for Interim UFC LW Championship

Jared Gordon: 16-4 overall record

Nik Lentz: 30-12-2-(1) overall record (Finished Will Brooks who Chandler lost too twice)

David Teymur: (#33 Tapology LW), 8-2 overall MMA record,

Jim Miller: (#26 LW Tapology LW), 32-15-1 overall MMA record,

Christos Giagos: (#46 Tapology LW), 18-8 overall MMA record

Clay Guida: (#38 Tapology LW), 35-20 overall MMA record,

Will Brooks: (#90 Tapology LW), 2-0 versus Michael Chandler, 1-3 UFC record, Former Interim & Undisputed Bellator LW Champion

Chandlers Last 10 Wins:

Dan Hooker: (Current #6 UFC LW, #6 Tapology LW), 20-10 overall MMA record

Benson Henderson: 37 years old, Former UFC LW Champion (2012-2013), 28-10 overall record, 0-2 versus Chandler

Sidney Outlaw: (#109 Tapology LW), 2-1 Bellator record, 14-4 overall record

Brent Primus: (#56 Tapology LW), 1-1 record against Chandler, Former Bellator LW Champion, 10-1 overall record

Brandon Girtz: 16-10 overall record, 8-8 Bellator record, 2-6 in last 8 fights

Goiti Yamauchi: (#91 Tapology LW), 25-4 overall record

Patricky Freire: (#64 Tapology LW, 23-9 overall record, 0-2 versus Chandler

David Rickels: (#99 Tapology LW), 21-6-(2) overall record, 0-2 versus Chandler

Derek Campos: 9-9 Bellator record, 20-11 overall record

Rick Hawn: 21-4 overall record, 36 at the time of fight versus 26 year old Chandler

So the highest ranked (as per Tapology) LW that Chandler beat in Bellator is ranked below the lowest ranked fighter Oliveira beat (with the exception of Mr. Brooks who Chandler fans would rather forget).

Chandler was a mediocre fighter who fought cans his entire Bellator tenure, he left Bellator because they told him they were done giving him title shots for vacant belts only for him to blow them (6-5 in title fights).
It's funny how you highlighted only the bad parts on Chandler and added some lies there.

BENSON WAS NOT 37 WHEN CHANDLER BEAT HIM THE FIRST TIME AND HE WAS 36 WHEN HE BEAT HIM THE SECOND TIME YEARS LATER !

Bendo beat Masvidal in 2015 and lost to Chandler in 2016.

Chandler also has a win over Eddie, Oliveira never beat a fighter of that caliber in his prime.

Back