Oliveira finished Will Brooks while Chandler lost to Will Brooks twice

If anything, in the end MMA math ends up creating a triangle.
After 262, don't be surprised to see:
Oliveria>Brooks>Chandler>Oliveria

Chandler not only lost to Brooks twice, one of them was even a vicious KO, Chandler forgot where he was for a while after the hit.

While Oliveira finished Will Brooks via submission in the first round.

Is this a psychological and mental factor in this fight?

What would you do if you beat the guy that beat your current opponent twice, would you bring this up in the press conference to undermine and destroy your opponent's confidence?
It seems stupid to pay them like $800k to fight already knowing the outcome but it's not my money.

If it happened recently, i'd give it some thought. But that was long enough ago that it doesn't matter. Chandler seems to have improved a lot since then, and his performance recently erases any of that past shit.

But I could sit here and talk about how Charles got stopped by Felder, who just lost to Hooker, and how Hooker just got decimated by Chandler.

So are we going to play that MMath game?

Charles is a huge challenge for anyone, and Chandler has his work cut out for him. But looking back at old fights isn't going to determine who wins this one.

I like Chandler for the fact that he can control where the fight takes place, and hits harder than Charles. As long as he doesn't get in a bad position on the ground (especially early on), I feel he wins once Charles gasses a bit and they get slippery where subs aren't easy to just lock in.

Just remember Cejudo beat Moraes who beat Aldo, who beat Edgar who beat Penn who beat Hughes who beat GSP who beat shields who beat Henderson who beat Fedor. So Cejudo > Fedor thanks for playing though

Chandler not only lost to Brooks twice, one of them was even a vicious KO, Chandler forgot where he was for a while after the hit.

While Oliveira finished Will Brooks via submission in the first round.

Is this a psychological and mental factor in this fight?

What would you do if you beat the guy that beat your current opponent twice, would you bring this up in the press conference to undermine and destroy your opponent's confidence?

I honestly think it has no impact on Chandler at all. The losses were so long ago to Brooks and when Brooks came to the UFC years later his time there was completely insignificant. I don't think Chandler really regards that Olviera/Brooks fight as anything important and doubt he thinks about it.

Will Brooks fell off hard after leaving Bellator. I think he just had Chandler's number, just like Hallman had Hughes' number.

Just remember Cejudo beat Moraes who beat Aldo, who beat Edgar who beat Penn who beat Hughes who beat GSP who beat shields who beat Henderson who beat Fedor. So Cejudo > Fedor thanks for playing though
Lol... You are ridiculous you dont need 9 fights to prove Cejudo is better then Fedor: its clear using 7 fights:
CCC > TJ > Assuncao > Mas > Ellenberger > Shields > Hendo > Fedor

and Chandler > Oliveria > Brooks >Chandler. The cycle will be completed.

I mean that’s almost as bad as the finishing combo cowboy lol landed on Charles or how he(being a great sub guy himself) got submitted by lamas and pettis!

Chandler is a much harder match for olivera than brooks was. Brooks completely crapped out in the Ufc

If anything, in the end MMA math ends up creating a triangle.
After 262, don't be surprised to see:
Oliveria>Brooks>Chandler>Oliveria
You can already make a hexagon.
Olives<Felder<Hooker<Chandler<Brooks<Olives

Back