Oleg in Predators

knoxpk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Took my son to see the flick and it was definately the best one since the original back in 87.

Oleg was in it and did a good job, obviously it did not require a Robert De Niro like performance but I was surprised, he actually had speaking parts and did a nice job.

He looked pretty big in this too, must have been hitting the P90X. :)

Anyway, if you want to watch some action for about 2 hours, this is not a bad choice.

Directed by Nimrod Antal ("Armored") and based on a script by Robert Rodriguez ("Spy Kids") who also produced, "Predators" pits a group of elite warriors against shape-shifting and ever-hungrier aliens.

The group of commandos led by Royce include a mass-murderer (Walton Goggins), a drug cartel enforcer (Danny Trejo), a Russian special operations veteran (Oleg Taktarov), an Israeli soldier (Alice Braga ) and a disgraced doctor (Topher Grace. They are stranded on an alien planet where they must band together to fight for their lives.

How was the movie, objectively?

Are we striking the same notes as Predator 1 and 2 or are we wallowing waist deep in shitty corniness like AVP 2?

1087039-riveting_tale_chap_super.jpg

Naw, just playing. Was a great movie, and oleg was the most badass guy there imo.

Are we striking the same notes as Predator 1 and 2 or are we wallowing waist deep in shitty corniness like AVP 2?

Definately, more like predator 1.

The female in this movie even makes reference to the 1st movie as in she had some intel about what happened back then.

The difference is about half the cast you didnt mind seeing get killed since most were mercenaries, enforcers, criminals etc...

Oh. And just thought you would appreciate this. >:)

tank.jpg

It's definitely more like Predator 1 and 2, but personally, I think it was a little worse than Predator 2. It's up there though, and definitely worth watching. Adrian Brody talks like Christian Bale did as Batman in the Dark Knight the whole time.

It's definitely more like Predator 1 and 2, but personally, I think it was a little worse than Predator 2. It's up there though, and definitely worth watching. Adrian Brody talks like Christian Bale did as Batman in the Dark Knight the whole time.

yea predator 2 is alot better than this movie, the meat locker scene alone in pred 2 is worth the admission.....

I thought it was great!

it was good, would have been alot better without the cheesy references to the first movie, and the fact that they kill predators like its a walk in the park......

it was good, would have been alot better without the cheesy references to the first movie, and the fact that they kill predators like its a walk in the park......

Agreed! The Predators were killed way too easily. Also, two highly skilled Predators show down at the end, and all they do is run into each other like a sumo fight? Still, it was a good movie -- definitely entertaining.

Agreed! The Predators were killed way too easily. Also, two highly skilled Predators show down at the end, and all they do is run into each other like a sumo fight? Still, it was a good movie -- definitely entertaining.

Well yeah its two brutes going at it. What did you want them to do? BJJ? One predator triangle the other then decapitates it with his super strong thighs? I guess in my mind the predator culture is about dominance and strength. BJJ is effective but it doesn't display strength. If I wanted to just dominate a submissive just slam him around and pile drive his ass, thats showing strength. Not skill.

Well yeah its two brutes going at it. What did you want them to do? BJJ? One predator triangle the other then decapitates it with his super strong thighs? I guess in my mind the predator culture is about dominance and strength. BJJ is effective but it doesn't display strength. If I wanted to just dominate a submissive just slam him around and pile drive his ass, thats showing strength. Not skill.

They both had shoulder cannons on them. They could've shot each other. The bigger Predator eventually starts shooting at the smaller guy when he was pretty much winning the fight.

I didn't quite get what happened with the samurai fighting the predator
the end of that was confusing
also how did the girl survive the predator shooting her through the chest
I admitedly watch it with a russian bootleg copy

I didn't quite get what happened with the samurai fighting the predator
the end of that was confusing
also how did the girl survive the predator shooting her through the chest
I admitedly watch it with a russian bootleg copy

The thing went through her shoulder, so it didn't puncture an artery. The samaurai and the Predator both struck each other with fatal blows on that last pass.

The thing went through her shoulder, so it didn't puncture an artery. The samaurai and the Predator both struck each other with fatal blows on that last pass.

I swear I 1st thought when the Yakuza stayed behind we would get a cut scene back to the main group and hear a blood curdling scream ala Johnny in the Original.

It was cool to actually see the fight though.

I dont think they were killed easily, Without spoiling the movie the only one that might have been "easy" per se' was the one that was killed by the yakuza, but we know how that turned out for him.

What was curious though is that the Predators did not seem to be organized, it was basically 3 of them but each doing their own thing. If all 3 acted as a unit, they would have easily wiped out the group.

Last edited:
i thought it was pretty good, not as many one liners though.

lines of the movie: "when i get home..." and "it's 5 o'clock..."

Back