Old man kills wasp nest with bare hands

I've done it a time or two. Not the safest method. Even without spray or anything, I'll usually have some paper towels in my hand when I hulk smash the nest.

I've done it a time or two. Not the safest method. Even without spray or anything, I'll usually have some paper towels in my hand when I hulk smash the nest.

I don't understand why ?

They have expanding foams, sprays etc etc.

Please explain ;)

I don't understand why ?

They have expanding foams, sprays etc etc.

Please explain ;)
Quickest, easiest and cheapest method. If you've run across them all the time, it's not really a big deal. I wouldn't go into a garage sized horde or anything.

It was probably cold, and thus they were inactive. When it's brick outside they're rendered docile. Still and OG move though.

I came across this monster about a month back:

VHbJrAr.jpg

You're not fucking with that.

None got me, as I stayed way clear. But I got stung 11 times in a two week stretch not long ago by yellow jackets. They were ground nested, so every time I got stung was because I stepped damn near right on top of them (with my pant legs rolled up due to the heat).

That's the "I'm sick and tired of this fucking shit" rage that gives you the motivation and power to do anything.

I'd rather fight a rottweiler instead of a wasps nest with my bare hands

Can't you just take a bucket of water, put the thing into the bucket and put a lid on it?

Last edited:
It was probably cold, and thus they were inactive. When it's brick outside they're rendered docile. Still and OG move though.

I came across this monster about a month back:

VHbJrAr.jpg

You're not fucking with that.

None got me, as I stayed way clear. But I got stung 11 times in a two week stretch not long ago by yellow jackets. They were ground nested, so every time I got stung was because I stepped damn near right on top of them (with my pant legs rolled up due to the heat).

Brings back some old memories from when I was growing up. We would throw rocks at hornet and wasp nests all day long through the summer. Caught a few stings in the process but nothing beat the feeling of running from a swarm of angry wasps.

One time we found a hornet nest the size of a large couch cushion anchored to a pine tree. A kid from the neighborhood we were friends with put on about 8 layers of heavy winter clothing(coats, pants, gloves, ski masks) and a pair of scuba goggles. We also used duct tape to close up any openings. He then walked up to it and filled the nest with uppercuts and destroyed about 3/4s of the nest. He was COVERED with pissed off drones so he ran for his life back to his house where we sprayed him down with a hose to get rid of the remaining hornets. He never did get stung but he never tried anything like that again. Probably one of the most badass things I ever saw as a kid.

Use to swat those small ones with tennis rackets underneath carports .

My grandfather used to do that all the time. Dead of summer, he would just ladder up and smash it barehanded. That old bastard was hardened to hell, wasp stings wouldnt even phase him.

Then again, he still had shrapnel from WWII in his ribs and his flight jacket with holes all over it. A wasp sting was nothing compared to what he did in his life.

Back