Economy Oil drove the lasyt recovery

Yeap.

"The Mining sector comprises establishments that extract naturally occurring mineral solids, such as coal and ores; liquid minerals, such as crude petroleum; and gases, such as natural gas"
https://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag21.htm
Interesting. Hard to break that down as other actual mining projects are incredibly cyclical. So it’s hard to tell how many of those are actual oil and gas and not just say iron laying off and oil offsetting that

I'm not at all surprised this claim turned out being bullshit. The Mining industry is extremely devoted to bullshit narratives. I have little doubt their exact claim is factually accurate but completely misleading.

The Mining council of Australia is doing an advertising campaign about how Mining cures cancer.

Gold is used in infinitesimally small amounts in cancer research. Sure it causes thousands of deaths for each lived saved and we have already mined enough gold for thousands of years of research but factually they didn't lie.

Green energy is nice and all but even with mass investments it still isn’t at the level of being bake to fully replace traditional energy generation. Night and cloudy days and all that

land it dos suck that jobs are lost. There is a bit of nostalgia in inefficiency as it does create jobs. Miners get the coal. RRs bring it to the power plant as people there have to maintain throes turbines. Definitely makes a lot of good jobs.
Also alt energy is still very low margin, meaning we get lopsided investments and that could lead to low paying jobs. It’s an unfortunate reality of the present

I'd say they are pretty well paid roles but its indisputable that they employ a fraction of people over the long term.

Great piece called Carbon Democracy which discusses the flow on effects of coal vs oil. In short as a trend coal leads to Democracy, oil leads to shit holes. All down to the ongoing jobs created by each. Strongly recommend you read it.

I'm not at all surprised this claim turned out being bullshit. The Mining industry is extremely devoted to bullshit narratives. I have little doubt their exact claim is factually accurate but completely misleading.

The Mining council of Australia is doing an advertising campaign about how Mining cures cancer.

Gold is used in infinitesimally small amounts in cancer research. Sure it causes thousands of deaths for each lived saved and we have already mined enough gold for thousands of years of research but factually they didn't lie.

I'd say they are pretty well paid roles but its indisputable that they employ a fraction of people over the long term.

Great piece called Carbon Democracy which discusses the flow on effects of coal vs oil. In short as a trend coal leads to Democracy, oil leads to shit holes. All down to the ongoing jobs created by each. Strongly recommend you read it.
Interesting and yes so many stats are so wrong or misuse for political reason

many links to the book? Would be interested. Especially as until recently oil and coal I ing almost always took place is radically different locales

Interesting. Hard to break that down as other actual mining projects are incredibly cyclical. So it’s hard to tell how many of those are actual oil and gas and not just say iron laying off and oil offsetting that

I think the discrepancy is due to your sources.
They are lobbyists.

Wgen the hard data says one thing and the lobbyist says another there isn't much uncertainty about what to believe.

So there’s a massive conspiracy, created by “oil companies”, to trick us into believing that they create thousands of jobs.

Lord people are retarded.

Yep... There is a lot of forest around where I live and this company is proposing a 2000 acre solar farm. A lot of outdoors people are pissed about it because it's going to fuck up the wildlife and a lot of trails that people go on. The site they are proposing to build this on all needs to be clear cut.
A lot of outdoors people are pissed about it because it's going to fuck up the wildlife
I dont blame them. They are going to need a lot more then just 2000 acre solar farm to power up growing cities "Unless people start moving out". Oh and never mind when the summer comes though and the heat puts up the drain on the solar farms.

I have no issues with Green energy though but just solar and wind farms arent going to be it.

I think the discrepancy is due to your sources.
They are lobbyists.

Wgen the hard data says one thing and the lobbyist says another there isn't much uncertainty about what to believe.
True. And there is probably some truth to the numbers but nitro the point where they state as they inflate and use them to the maximize

I dont blame them. They are going to need a lot more then just 2000 acre solar farm to power up growing cities "Unless people start moving out". Oh and never mind when the summer comes though and the heat puts up the drain on the solar farms.

I have no issues with Green energy though but just solar and wind farms arent going to be it.

We also have long winters up here and it gets very dreary and grey out a lot. Not to mention the 200 inches of snow we every year. I'm not sure how those panels exactly work, but I don't see 5 months of snow and gloomy weather being very conducive with them.

With Biden sinking the Keptsone pipeline and with the suspension of permits for Fed land gas and oil development, what does Biden expect to come? I know that oil prices are lower than there were a decade ago, but that has a massive impact on the US, just economically, not just the political implications.

The last recovery from the GFC was basically Texas and fracking

In fact, Obama actively worked to restrict the industry that led the economy as a percentage of GDP growth. Oil and gas development accounted for nearly half of GDP growth, and the fracking boom alone accounted for 9.3 million jobs, nearly half of the jobs created during his entire presidency. States such as Texas contributed nearly 70% of all jobs created during the Obama administration. Wage growth for workers in the natural gas industry also skyrocketed, with workers in states such as North Dakota seeing their weekly wages increase up to 40% in the post-shale boom. Without oil and gas development, there would have been almost no economic or job growth during the Obama administration.

Without fracking and the related industries, you would have had an even slowly Euro like recovery and perhaps a double dip recession.

Meanwhile with the Keystone pipeline alone you are losing thousands of jobs, at a time when they are moist needed. You can't just spend out of a recovery, there also needs to be an economic engine that starts up and creates jobs and earnings. With oil and gas muzzled, do you see a long term recovery, or more of like the last time where jobs only crept back?

I worry about this 'In the last year of Obama's presidency, growth shrunk to 1.6%, and the concern was the possibility of another recession. That's some boom.'

All of which will lead to more social unrest and instability.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...was_no_economic_boom_under_obama_144425.html#!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/barack-obama-didnt-power-the-recovery-oil-and-gas-did
https://www.nbc11news.com/2021/01/2...y-suspension-for-federal-oil-and-gas-permits/

Let me say this again. Keystone only benefits refineries and Kelcy Warren and hurts the industry as a whole. So while Exxon and friends have access to cheap tar sand oil, the drillers and manufacturers are hurting. You are parroting propaganda created by Big Oil. Do you feel dirty yet? You obviously don't care to listen and would rather consume disinformation.

Do you remember when Exxon was pulling in 10 Billion a quarter? And everyone was up in arms that a company that pollutes the world could profit that much? Here you are making a case for them. You should feel bad.

Since Biden was elected, the price per barrel of oil has risen 70%. HMMMMMMMMMM.

Last edited:
What's funny is that some on here were trying to misinform the forum that Biden was sending troops into Syria after his second day in office to secure oil fields for Big Oil to profit and yet he's shutting down Keystone. How do the CT nutters reconcile this?

Back