• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OIG Report Released: McCabe Leaked Sensitive Info, Lied Under Oath (3x) UPDATE: Criminal Referral

I don't get why if he demonstrably lied under oath that he wasn't summarily fired

The alleged lying took place in October 2016. Initially, the FBI opened the investigation into McCabe internally through their Inspection Division (INSD). Their goal was to determine if the information published in the WSJ article was leaked and if so, who the leaker was.

One year later (October 2017), the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General (OIG, Michael Horowitz) opened an investigation on referral from INSD. The OIG investigation took months to conclude. The OIG report then had to be passed to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). OPR had to take its time to review the findings and produce a recommendation. This recommendation was then passed to AG Sessions, who followed OPR's recommendation.

All this stuff takes time.

Last edited:
It's too late now. Trump can get impeached at this point.

Let's also not forget that Comey himself leaked to the press (link). When the #1 and #2 men at the top of the FBI are leaking, it probably sets a bad example for the underlings. Contrast with Mueller's team, which has been almost leak-free.

I think McCabe is potentially in legal jeopardy. Perjury is a federal offense. Maybe @Quipling can comment further.

We will see, but you would have thought that would have been announced along with his firing, given that the AG was involved, as in the mean time you had a lot of congressmen and senators, including Rubio, calling his firing into question as possibly being politically motivated, and this report didn't really add anything to what was reported at the time of the firing.

I don't believe. Probably as credible as anything from Devin Nunes.

The alleged lying took place in October 2016. Initially, the FBI opened the investigation into McCabe internally through their Inspection Division (INSD). Their goal was to determine if the information published in the WSJ article was leaked and if so, who the leaker was.

One year later (October 2017), the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General (OIG, Michael Horowitz) opened an investigation on referral from INSD. The OIG investigation took months to conclude. The OIG report then had to be passed to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). OPR had to take its time to review the findings and produce a recommendation. This recommendation was then passed to AG Sessions, who followed OPR's recommendation.

All this stuff takes time.
Some reports I read stated they rushed this investigation to get it closed before he retired. His lawyers weren't given time to respond to charges or something. Will be interesting to see the results of any McCabe lawsuit or see what his reasoning is if he does write a book.

You don't believe what? That McCabe leaked? He already admitted to it.

That he lied about leaking? The FBI and the Department of Justice are in possession of his audio-recorded testimony under oath in which he claims he didn't leak and didn't authorize Page to leak.

Last edited:
Some reports I read stated they rushed this investigation to get it closed before he retired. His lawyers weren't given time to respond to charges or something. Will be interesting to see the results of any McCabe lawsuit or see what his reasoning is if he does write a book.

About "rushing" the investigation: any reports from the FBI/DOJ, or just speculation?

The report is 39 pages long and is quite thorough. I linked to it in the OP.

The IG isn't a soulless partisan pig fucker like Nunes, there certainly seems to be something strange here, but certainly not in the way that Trump and Nunes and the Sean Hannitys of the world have tried to spin it. McCabe wants to fight this and will have his day in court, which at this point isn't a criminal court, even though the IG has shown all of the hole cards for that side. We will see if McCabe has anything in the hole that changes things, or if he comes off looking worse over time.

You don't believe the IG report?

You should probably take a hard look at yourself in the mirror, and just come to the realization that you don't believe anything that could possibly hurt your team. This is what you've become. Trump said this guy is a dick, so you just can't believe it. Let's face it, that's pretty much what it boils down to. If McCabe was some random Trump surrogate, you wouldn't doubt a damn thing that he was accused of.

The IG isn't a soulless partisan pig fucker like Nunes, there certainly seems to be something strange here, but certainly not in the way that Trump and Nunes and the Sean Hannitys of the world have tried to spin it. McCabe wants to fight this and will have his day in court, which at this point isn't a criminal court, even though the IG has shown all of the hole cards for that side. We will see if McCabe has anything in the hole that changes things, or if he comes off looking worse over time.

And he should get his day in court and shouldn't have his home raided without warning and everything in his home confiscated

And he should get his day in court and shouldn't have his home raided without warning and everything in his home confiscated
I nominate this for post of the year

Remember when people thought McCabe shouldn't have been fired? I'm sure even after becoming knowledgeable of the revelations posted by TS in this thread, many will still feel the same. Reason: Trump.
No, I don't have any problem with it. On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to me: why did you think that McCabe should have been fired prior to learning of this report? What would have inspired that confidence?

Glad that Comey is being vindicated over and over and over. He is by far the best man we had in all this. McCabe and Trump are both pieces of shit.

I'm sort of used to this from you

Oh, you were expecting me to take your post seriously on its merits? <JerryWWF>

Trying to compare Cohen's home, office, and hotel being raided with McCabe's situation is ridiculous. For the FBI (headed by a Trump appointee) and a US Attorney (appointed by Trump) to go this hard at the POTUS' personal attorney and fixer, without overwhelming evidence, would be suicide. Meanwhile Sessions, the fucking AG, had to think long and hard to even fire McCabe based on the IG's report, and even then you had Rubio questioning the political motivations of the firing. And McCabe still hasn't even been charged with a crime, and he is the one on the offense taking this to court. But yeah, no difference in the situations, and I am being unfair towards Cohen.

As I said "We will see if McCabe has anything in the hole that changes things, or if he comes off looking worse over time," which of course is a reasonable stance to take on the matter at this point. But, for you to quote my previous post with your flailing and moronic accusations of a double standard, and then for you to come back again when I sloughed off your nonsense appropriately, just shows how irrational and punchy you have become now that the Feds have gotten so close to Trump.

Back