Crime Ohio Haitian Migrants eating Local Geese, Ducks and Family Pets

my contribution to this discussion is that white people culturally appropriated accusing Haitians of being cat eaters from black people.

The first time I heard of that was in the YouTube comment section of a street fight video from North Miami (Haitian area) and some African-American left a comment to the effect of “look it’s a bunch of Haitians fighting for the last piece of cat leg”

my contribution to this discussion is that white people culturally appropriated accusing Haitians of being cat eaters from black people.

The first time I heard of that was in the YouTube comment section of a street fight video from North Miami (Haitian area) and some African-American left a comment to the effect of “look it’s a bunch of Haitians fighting for the last piece of cat leg”
In SoFlo it's a pretty common stereotype that I remember hearing back in school.

Then maybe Trump should've mentioned the drivers instead of blurting out that they're eating pets. But he didn't so now Trumpers are left scrambling trying to find any shred of evidence that maybe could look like it backs up his claim to no avail.
naw, the folks who live in springfield are saying it along with other grievances, they said it before the story became viral, there's probably some merit to it. Are we going to ignore the residents of SF saying that theft is up by rebutting and quoting crime stats over the past 30 years? or do you give it some merit and investigate? people spoke at the city meeting, and you can call them liars or maybe you've got a bit of a problem.

naw, the folks who live in springfield are saying it along with other grievances, they said it before the story became viral, there's probably some merit to it. Are we going to ignore the residents of SF saying that theft is up by rebutting and quoting crime stats over the past 30 years? or do you give it some merit and investigate? people spoke at the city meeting, and you can call them liars or maybe you've got a bit of a problem.
So to be clear you still believe that Haitians are eating pets despite there being no evidence of this thus far?

the original videos of people making the claim were at the city meeting where folks got out their grievances, mostly to language and driving issues, tossed in with some of pets/park animals being taken.

the language thang, there's no proof is there? depends on what type of proof you're looking for.

the driving.... even this anti trumper acknowleges the trouble of the haitian drivers:

the animals? there's no proof, like the language, it's just the residents saying that stuff, but the fact like the language, it's multiple people saying it, BEFORE Donald made it political/viral

So sad that a grieving father has to ask them to stop using his son's death as a political vehicle and that it wasn't murder. Poor family.

So to be clear you still believe that Haitians are eating pets despite there being no evidence of this thus far?
probably not, but since multiple people are saying it, I wouldn't rule it out and it should be investigated. I'm not one to completely dismiss what has happened, if multiple people see a UFO in the same area, it should be explained, if multiple people see any parts chopped off at the farm, it should be explained, etc.

now you answer:

Are random strangers making this up on the fly?

So sad that a grieving father has to ask them to stop using his son's death as a political vehicle and that it wasn't murder. Poor family.
while it's sad to hear a dead child's name brought out, the fact that the school bus was indeed hit by an immigrant haitian, amplifies the out of hand driving issues the residents face by the immigrants.

the dude is double downing on that narrative all by himself.

now you answer:

Someone made it up but others might be spreading it while believing its true. I grew up in Miami where we have Haitian immigrants and I remember hearing this stereotype as a wee lad. Down here we mostly know its a stereotype but I'm guessing that's not as obvious to people in Springfield Ohio.

Local Geese and Ducks are fair game unless the town posts an ordinance they can't be hunted within the city limits. As far as family pets, if you allow your pet to wander the neighborhood then don't cry if they get eaten, hit by a vehicle or possible fatally damaged in some way. Stealing pets from fenced in yards or pets that manage to escape such are totally different issues and ones I would rightly expect people to be concerned about atleast regarding dogs. You aren't going to keep a cat fenced in. You let it outside expect it will be exploring the neighborhood and possibly ending up as roadkill or a snack for something.

Local Geese and Ducks are fair game unless the town posts an ordinance they can't be hunted within the city limits. As far as family pets, if you allow your pet to wander the neighborhood then don't cry if they get eaten, hit by a vehicle or possible fatally damaged in some way. Stealing pets from fenced in yards or pets that manage to escape such are totally different issues and ones I would rightly expect people to be concerned about atleast regarding dogs. You aren't going to keep a cat fenced in. You let it outside expect it will be exploring the neighborhood and possibly ending up as roadkill or a snack for something.
The Canada Goose is a federally protected bird. And no. In civilized countries we shouldnt have to expect a cat is going to be eaten by a person. What sort of shit hole do you want to live in?

probably not, but since multiple people are saying it, I wouldn't rule it out and it should be investigated. I'm not one to completely dismiss what has happened, if multiple people see a UFO in the same area, it should be explained, if multiple people see any parts chopped off at the farm, it should be explained, etc.

now you answer:

It has been investigated. There's no proof to back up the claims. That should have been the end of it. But instead you've got a bunch of racist right wing morons elevating it to national news. Just because multiple people are spreading a rumor doesn't give it merit.

Someone made it up but others might be spreading it while believing its true. I grew up in Miami where we have Haitian immigrants and I remember hearing this stereotype as a wee lad. Down here we mostly know its a stereotype but I'm guessing that's not as obvious to people in Springfield Ohio.
lol touched with a bit of the blarny are ya?

"If you let your cat wander around the neighborhood be prepared if it will get eaten".

Wtf is wrong with you man?

lol touched with a bit of the blarny are ya?
What does that mean?
The Canada Goose is a federally protected bird. And no. In civilized countries we shouldnt have to expect a cat is going to be eaten by a person. What sort of shit hole do you want to live in?
But again let's be clear, no evidence has surfaced of anyone's pet being eaten by a Haitian.

What does that mean?

But again let's be clear, no evidence has surfaced of anyone's pet being eaten by a Haitian.

Let's be clear indeed.

Video recordings of council meetings, written statements by the attorney general, recorded phone calls to the police and witness testimonies are all considered clear evidence.

If you had 10% of that for an anti-Trump statement you'd be all over it and yell that it's evidence.

at least you have an explanation for it <brucenod>

Let's be clear indeed.

Video recordings of council meetings, written statements by the attorney general, recorded phone calls to the police and witness testimonies are all considered clear evidence.

If you had 10% of that for an anti-Trump statement you'd be all over it and yell that it's evidence.
How come no one can point to a single confirmed case then? If I call into the local police department or testify to the City Council to report a UFO sighting do you consider that compelling evidence?

Let's be clear indeed.

-A council meeting where a few people made these claims with no evidence backing them up

-A statement by the AG with no evidence presented

-A call to the police that was investigated by the DNR, which no evidence to substantiate it.

-"Witness" testimonies, none of which are first hand accounts from anyone that saw pets being stolen or cats/dogs being eaten by Haitian immigrants.

Rock solid "evidence" you've got there.

Back