Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

I had a PS4 for the last generation of console. The controllers still work great. I only ever bought two right when I got the system.
With these Xbox controllers, I have taken great care of them. I wash my hands before using them. I store them in the same place every time I use them so they can’t fall, get stepped on, etc.

But yeah, you could beat someone to death with a SNES controller and it would still work for another 180 years.
It's a major issue with current hardware. All of them suffer it, all of the newest controllers suck: PS5, XSX, Switch. But pretty clearly based on anecdotal feedback online the Xbox has it the worst, especially with their more expensive controllers. I still have an old PS4 controller that's perfectly viable, too, although I recall a decade ago the guys I knew on PS4 who came from Xbox complaining it was a more common issue than with the Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers. The 360 was the gold standard for durability.

If you were on PC you'd have options for wireless hall effect controllers. Unfortunately, on Xbox, I think your best option is to get an adapter like Gulikit's Goku adapter, and then use that with a controller in bluetooth mode. But that adds latency. Yuck.

It's a major issue with current hardware. All of them suffer it, all of the newest controllers suck: PS5, XSX, Switch. But pretty clearly based on anecdotal feedback online the Xbox has it the worst, especially with their more expensive controllers. I still have an old PS4 controller that's perfectly viable, too, although I recall a decade ago the guys I knew on PS4 who came from Xbox complaining it was a more common issue than with the Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers. The 360 was the gold standard for durability.

If you were on PC you'd have options for wireless hall effect controllers. Unfortunately, on Xbox, I think your best option is to get an adapter like Gulikit's Goku adapter, and then use that with a controller in bluetooth mode. But that adds latency. Yuck.

The Brook Wingman XB2 is also an option for using other non Xbox wireless controllers with an Xbox

Yeah, building a gaming PC is skemtjing I will do eventually. But lag isn’t something I’m willing to put up with. The drift drives me insane though. I just keep looking up in every game without hitting anything. At first you think, “Ok, I can deal with this.” And after about the 150th time it happens you just go crazy.

ASUS ROG Raikiri

Update to that ASUS ROG controller I posted earlier.

View attachment 1040699

$59.99 down from $99.99 at W00t.com. Free shipping if you're an Amazon prime member.

Isn't that controller restricted to a wired connection on Xbox? The more premium Pro version is, apparently. Is there a way around that?
Techradar said:
However, despite being designed for Xbox, with systems such as the Xbox Series X|S in mind, the limited wireless functionality holds it back from being considered one of the best Xbox controllers, especially for its price point.

It comes down to the fact that the Asus ROG Raikiri Pro cannot be used wirelessly on Xbox consoles, as you’re restricted to being plugged in via USB-C. With both an included wireless 2.4GHz dongle and Bluetooth inside, it’s a shame it’s not a catch-all for both platforms.

Last edited:
Well, I did some more extensive Googling after seeing that, and it appears that every wireless controller I highlighted in my Xbox controllers posts that use a 2.4GHz wireless connection are actually just Xbox controllers manufactured by Microsoft that are then modified.

So it appears @Jack Reacheround's best option for a more sturdy wireless controller would be to try to find an older Xbox One controller since those are forward-compatible with the Xbox Series X/S. However, it can be difficult to identify these because searches for "Xbox One controller" at retailers will often yield the newer, vaguely named "Xbox Wireless" controller since it is backwards compatible, and even Microsoft lists this newer controller at its store under "Xbox One > Accessories", for example.

The original Xbox One controllers are out of circulation. So they might come at a premium, and you may have to scour eBay or other websites to find them. It helps to know the exact model number, to distinguish them, but even then, that is only helpful if the seller is tech-savvy enough to know that's what they are, and sell them as that...in which case they're probably going to know why you're looking for one, and charge a premium for it.
https://bigtechquestion.com/2020/04/24/gaming/consoles/which-xbox-one-controller-is-bluetooth/
There are three revisions of the regular Xbox One controller: 1537, 1697 and 1708.

The 1537 model is easy enough to spot – it has the words “DAY ONE 2013” embossed on the front – but at a glance 1697 and 1708 look remarkably similar. This picture, via Reddit, shows the key difference.
So-which-Xbox-One-controller-is-Bluetooth-1.jpg

Only the last has Bluetooth, but who gives a shit about that. If you can find any of the above, it might be worth it, if it isn't too expensive.

IGN x ID@Xbox Showcase returns April 29th

Last year, you got a first-hand look at Karateka, Axiom Verge 2, Sea of Stars, and many other incredible games during the first IGN x ID@Xbox Digital Showcase. Today, we're excited to announce that the show is returning on April 29, 2024, with another batch of hotly anticipated indies for you to play across Xbox and PC.

On top of epic trailers, fresh gameplay, and new reveals, the show will feature new details on upcoming games like Dungeons of Hinterberg, 33 Immortals, Lost Records Bloom & Rage, and many others.

The ID@Xbox Showcase will premiere on April 29, 2024, at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST and you can tune in across all IGN Platforms.

So it appears @Jack Reacheround's best option for a more sturdy wireless controller would be to try to find an older Xbox One controller since those are forward-compatible with the Xbox Series X/S. However, it can be difficult to identify these because searches for "Xbox One controller" at retailers will often yield the newer, vaguely named "Xbox Wireless" controller since it is backwards compatible, and even Microsoft lists this newer controller at its store under "Xbox One > Accessories", for example.
The sad thing it that when I originally purchased a controller from Game Stop, they gave me an XBox one controller. And I realized that when I got home, drove back, and asked to return it for a series x/s controller. I should have just kept the one they gave me.

Here's a chance to win a custom console form Microsoft. I don't Twitter, but maybe a Sherdogger will get lucky.

Hero-X-Men-3bce24d9554714ebc663.jpg

Least this console is playable, they did one for FF14 recently that you couldn't play anything on

Back