• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Strawweight natty queen vs strawweight implant queen

KK will need to enlist the help of USAFBA if she's to avoid getting KO'd there IMO.

Are those real names?

Not to start an international furore here but several times I've looked at the list of names on an Invicta card (and yes, 'Marnic Mann' was probably one of those) and been left wondering "WTF are they doing to the kidz in America with these names today"
<JagsKiddingMe>

'Brasil' is a real surname though, as is 'Brazil' which strangely enough is not necessarily connected to Brazil at all (I can remember some shit footballers playing for shit teams in the 90s with that surname, cue ironic 'it's just like watching Brazil...' chants)

I know everyone is excited to see Puddinglover back but in her last couple of UFC fights she was kind of dull and lacklustre and she went out on a fairly poor skid of results (L to Kish, getting choked out cold by Pilot Shev).

I czeched out a couple of her fights since then but not much changed in the ones I saw; close (and even arguable) decision wins over perennial regional tier opponents. The only semi-'name' she fought (ex-UFC fighter Bernardo) she lost to.

So I'm not gonna be surprised if barns aren't burnt and she even struggles to get the W... even though UFC have thrown her one of the worst on the roster in Wu Yanan who has somehow managed to stick around the UFC since 2017 despite only having 1 win (she has looked a bit improved from 'total garbage' in her last couple of L's, at least).

Hopefully the excitement of being back in the UFC and AROUND THE WORLD, LIVE on PAY PER VIEW will bring back some psycho aggro out of Puddi... I'm certainly rooting for her anyway.

I know everyone is excited to see Puddinglover back but in her last couple of UFC fights she was kind of dull and lacklustre and she went out on a fairly poor skid of results (L to Kish, getting choked out cold by Pilot Shev).

I czeched out a couple of her fights since then but not much changed in the ones I saw; close (and even arguable) decision wins over perennial regional tier opponents. The only semi-'name' she fought (ex-UFC fighter Bernardo) she lost to.

So I'm not gonna be surprised if barns aren't burnt and she even struggles to get the W... even though UFC have thrown her one of the worst on the roster in Wu Yanan who has somehow managed to stick around the UFC since 2017 despite only having 1 win (she has looked a bit improved from 'total garbage' in her last couple of L's, at least).

Hopefully the excitement of being back in the UFC and AROUND THE WORLD, LIVE on PAY PER VIEW will bring back some psycho aggro out of Puddi... I'm certainly rooting for her anyway.

PAR-IN-001-A0111-P544.jpg

I'm just trying to let the world down gently (while praying for the best)
<Prem974>

Wonder if the same guy who messed up over Burgos also let Ditcheva slip through their fingers? Anyway I guess she'll make bank and compile a healthy win streak, heck if she signs to the UFC in ten years, she'll still be younger than some of Dana's current prospects.

All a bit pointless though, like the endless Kayla vs Pacheco matchups.

If Ditcheva can make bank fighting outside the UFC, good for her. We should be celebrating other promotions giving the ladies avenues to fight, not lamenting. Tired of the UFC monopoly.

Tired of the UFC monopoly.
I never understood people calling the UFC a monopoly. The fact that fighters are going other places is proof it is not. They are more successful than other promotions but they are not the only promotion.

Would have made/will make for an interesting fight

I never understood people calling the UFC a monopoly. The fact that fighters are going other places is proof it is not. They are more successful than other promotions but they are not the only promotion.
Fine. Monopsony. Let’s be real, though. UFC is gobbling up the vast majority of prospects at those stage. When was the last time Bellator beat them to a big time prospect?

When it comes to the women’s divisions, there’s a distinct lack of options right now for the ladies to make decent money fighting.

Fine. Monosony. Let’s be real, though. UFC is gobbling up the vast majority of prospects at those stage. When was the last time Bellator beat them to a big time prospect?

Bellator had done that a ton of times. Wasn’t too long ago Worldwide had an ongoing thread about huge prospect signings.

Also is just a bigger company, they 700 fighters on the roster, put on 50 something cards a year. UFC will always end up signing more guys because of this

How many does Bellator do? Half that…maybe. How many spots they have on their roster?

Agree that UFC has a monopoly on elite fighters but the market for prospects is pretty competitive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back