• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #27

I remember when people thought she was the next big thing because she beat Heather Hardy. This is why I preach level of competition so much. People are talking like Valerie Loureda is a killer now. I will wait to label her that until we see how she does vs someone we know is good. I will admit I am no expert on Kristina since I have not really took an analytical view of her fights yet. She did not seem special enough to me to set aside more time for that.

From regular fight viewing she seems like she suffers from the same thing Jessica Penne does. She seemed slow and unathletic. You can do well being those two things until the level of competition goes up. I also remember all her combos being predictable. Where it starts with punches but always ends with some type of kick.

Obviously she is still young in her career and can still improve but usually people who are unathletic/slow don't improve drastically. Roxy being the exception to the rule due to her being poorly trained most of her career. I also don't see Invicta as a bad place for her. She needs to improve and Invicta has a wide range of talent at 125. LFA is just going to feed her cans and she will get beat the second she faces higher comp again. I could be wrong but this is my opinions on Kristina.

So true Rizz. Through your posts and others here I'm learning the significance of level of competition. Trying to watch with a more keen eye. Appreciate the analysis from those with experience. Hope you're staying safe and healthy my friend.

A
I remember when people thought she was the next big thing because she beat Heather Hardy. This is why I preach level of competition so much. People are talking like Valerie Loureda is a killer now. I will wait to label her that until we see how she does vs someone we know is good. I will admit I am no expert on Kristina since I have not really took an analytical view of her fights yet. She did not seem special enough to me to set aside more time for that.

From regular fight viewing she seems like she suffers from the same thing Jessica Penne does. She seemed slow and unathletic. You can do well being those two things until the level of competition goes up. I also remember all her combos being predictable. Where it starts with punches but always ends with some type of kick.

Obviously she is still young in her career and can still improve but usually people who are unathletic/slow don't improve drastically. Roxy being the exception to the rule due to her being poorly trained most of her career. I also don't see Invicta as a bad place for her. She needs to improve and Invicta has a wide range of talent at 125. LFA is just going to feed her cans and she will get beat the second she faces higher comp again. I could be wrong but this is my opinions on Kristina.
Agree on all points. Hardy got by on tough but you cannot just wade through round kicks. Unimpressed by Laredo.

Agree on all points. Hardy got by on tough but you cannot just wade through round kicks. Unimpressed by Laredo.

Yeah Hardy spilled buckets of blood in mma. Like you say, wading through round kicks. Frightfully ghoulish. Laredo agree she's fighting low level competition. I like her positive attitude and post-fight twerking. Also known as 'traditional cultural dancing celebrating her heritage' lol.

I actually am interested in Val vs Murphy or Calvillo fights, Murphy is super tough and durable, has endless cardio, and has already DeStRoYeD the career of one top kickboxer, and like she said she's never really come close to being finished before, so even if Val breaks her in half with a kick that would be something novel to see.
& Calvillo at least brings a loaded weapon to the fight in the form of her ground game (most of Val's rivals are rather impotent in the finishing department). Plus, both Murph and Calv seem to continually improve fight to fight.

Murphy is a more aggressive but less physical Carmouche, a fight against Val will undoubtedly be better than the complete stinker that Liz had but I don't see a path to victory for Lauren. She doesn't have a good shot takedown and trying to beat Valentina in the clinch is unlikely to succeed. It basically comes down to Valentina is better at everything, good luck, have fun.

Calvillo at least makes it somewhat interesting, she has a fast attacking ground game so she has a chance of doing something there if she manages to get Val down. Which isn't likely since Calvillo has slow feet so getting a good shot entry is problematic and once again no one's winning a clinch against Val at 125.

So true Rizz. Through your posts and others here I'm learning the significance of level of competition. Trying to watch with a more keen eye. Appreciate the analysis from those with experience. Hope you're staying safe and healthy my friend.
Thank you for the well wishes! I am taking no chances with this virus. So far so good on my front. I hope for you continued health and safety as well.

The level of competition topic is weird because of how Bellator runs their 125 division. Their main criteria for signing fighters were either be a pretty girl or someone who the pretty girl could possibly beat. So when fighters who do well there you have to take it with a grain of salt. This is what Luke Thomas said about Bellators 125 division before it was officially opened.

I am not saying anyone in their division has no chance at being good. I mean they have not proven they are good yet. You can only do that vs competition good enough to push you. I will go on to say that Bellator did something I never expected them to do. They signed Vanessa Porto. Porto will give us better context to gauge how good some of these fighters are in Bellator. She has a ceiling but is no doubt a very good fighter. This why I gave so much props to Bellator for that signing. I still have no idea why the UFC was so against signing Porto. If I were to guess is that she would not be champ but she would be good enough to kill off prospects.

Also, people like to bag on JoJo and Jessica Eye for being bad. To be fair, they are OK to good fighters but extremely flawed. A year or two ago I made a post about how those 2 fighters have had a WAY higher level of competition than Ilima Macfarlane has. There is a real possibility that if either of those fighters would have been in Bellator they would be looked at like how ilima is now. There is a reason why ilima wants no part of the UFC. Even before the UFC cut Liz she wanted no part. most people would at least use the UFC as leverage to get more out of Bellator for her new contract and she did not even want to fake interest in the UFC.

I don't think Kristina Williams needs Invicta since her career is not completely gone but a stint
at LFA might get her back on track.
m
Six in one hand, half dozen in the other. Big difference is Invicta will actually throw her more challenging fights as she wins, whereas LFA will just feed her the Jamie Thortons and Cassie Robbs of the world.

9548EAB5-368D-48AB-AEF9-35B8F788314D.jpeg
Flyweight: Karolina Owczarz 3-0 vs Justyna Haba
Owczarz trains at Shark Top Team Łódź with Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Karolina Wojick
Haba made her debut beating ShinjunAuclair in Rizin. Rizin made her regret it by booking her next fight against 6-0 Kana Watanabe

Three bouts added to next month’s Invicta card:
http://invictafc.com/2020/10/28/multiple-bouts-added-to-invicta-fc-43-card/

Updated card:
Flyweight Title: Pearl Gonzalez vs. Erin Blanchfield
Strawweight Title: Emily Ducote vs. Montserrat “Conejo” Ruiz
Featherweight: Courtney King vs. TBA
Flyweight: Stephanie Geltmacher vs. Trisha Cicero
Strawweight: Juliana Miller vs. Kendal Holowell

I echo the thoughts above, MacFarlane vs Velasquez was the fight to make a while ago, and is the fight to make right now. It also looks good for promotional purposes, 13-0 vs 11-0 (if I'm not mistaken with their records) for a title looks enticing.

Nice to see Bellator and Invicta booking more Featherweight bouts, the division needs to be showcased. Every fight that gets booked, is an opportunity to develop the fighters in the division.

Friday October 30, 2020

[MMA] ONE Championship: Inside the Matrix Singapore
Main Card – BR Live (US) / YouTube – 8:30am ET / 5:30pm PT
Jingnan Xiong vs. Tiffany Teo

[BOXING] Roma, Lazio, Italy
Main Card – YouTube – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
Giorgia Scolastri vs. Francesca Paglia
Gabriele Granaldi vs. Daniele Luongo

[MMA] Mega Fight Champions 1 Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
Main Card – Facebook / YouTube (TBD) – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Jaqueline Amorim vs. Paula Farias
Amanda Victoria vs. Andreyna Duarte