• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Win or lose I think and also hope this will be Joanna's last fight at 115 ..... I'm assuming they will rematch.

Moyle reportedly out of the Moroz fight (injured) who steps up?

Moyle reportedly out of the Moroz fight (injured) who steps up?

I've been thinking about this for a while. Read about it prior to reading your question. If I had to throw a name out there I would probably need to go with someone outside the UFC who is in okay shape at the moment and not all that big right now. Maybe Virna Jandiroba. Timing though. Probably have trouble with her Visa. Or grab someone else who has a UFC fight coming up but I don't like that option.

Best of luck getting Moroz an opponent on this short notice.

Well Grasso needs a fight, but Moroz would probably turn it down.

No, best to cancel, too many strawweights on the roster anyway without bringing in yet another last minute replacement.

Is the fight on the London card? That's what Grasso is campaigning for.
<GrassoBless>

No, best to cancel, too many strawweights on the roster anyway without bringing in yet another last minute replacement.
<{cruzshake}>

No way. More the better. Bring in Atomweight, as well.

too many strawweights on the roster
thats-unpossible.jpg

like the casual way the ref ignores the fighter that just got knocked out and takes a little stroll round the ring instead
i agree about mellisa ellis, looks promising

No kidding, the ref is like 'Oh RNC I'm outta here.'

Enjoyed your analysis. It was my favorite fight of last weekend. Loma's definitely someone to watch. Like you said her TDD was surprisingly good. And those knees & elbows. I'd say if she needs to work on anything it's to not draw fouls (though I think she'll adjust). Agree that Wang is tough as nails. That she continued fighting after the second foul is a testament to her fortitude. As you say, good luck finishing her. Good call that she can probably work more on single leg takedowns. I also feel like she can study her opponent more prior to the fight if at all possible. Before the fight the way she talked it seemed like she didn't know anything about Loma. Her grit though left me pleasantly surprised. One of those fights where both fighters can hold their heads high.

So how many wmma fights should there be on the typical UFC card ........ 2, 3, 4, more? Then we'll do the math as to how big the women's roster should be.

I was considering Grasso but she is too big to take that fight on this short a notice. That is a problem with many current UFC strawweights, too big to take fights on really short notice unless it becomes a catchweight at 120 or so.

Janaisa Morandin is someone else I was considering but I think she walks around too big at the moment.

I went with Jandiroba due to her looking in shape and smaller then her normal, for the past, walk around weight.

There are a few decent ones who have fights lined up already but I doubt the UFC will want to mess those bouts up for the sake of Moroz. I could look into some European strawweights. There are some decent Poles at that weight but I think most of them would have to cut a bit of weight too. (Not worth bothering with though.)

I doubt they'll find a replacement on such short notice.
I was considering Grasso but she is too big to take that fight on this short a notice. That is a problem with many current UFC strawweights, too big to take fights on really short notice unless it becomes a catchweight at 120 or so.

Janaisa Morandin is someone else I was considering but I think she walks around too big at the moment.

I went with Jandiroba due to her looking in shape and smaller then her normal, for the past, walk around weight.

There are a few decent ones who have fights lined up already but I doubt the UFC will want to mess those bouts up for the sake of Moroz. I could look into some European strawweights. There are some decent Poles at that weight but I think most of them would have to cut a bit of weight too. (Not worth bothering with though.)

I doubt they'll find anyone who will take it on 3 days' notice.

I doubt they'll find a replacement on such short notice.

I doubt they'll find anyone who will take it on 3 days' notice.

Yep. I doubt it too. Livia Renata Souza could probably be ready for that fight but it would ruin her fight with (Jessica Aguilar) Randa Markos. No point in wrecking a perfectly good fight.

I doubt Markos could make the weight on time even wither half starvation diet to help her problems making 115lbs. She said she is closer to walking around 130lbs now, big improvement on her walk around weight.

--
I have to say I had been thinking of UK fighters like Lanchana Green but she is too big too. I wanted to check Bryony Tyrell because she is a little bit smaller then Green although has a loss to her. No good either really.

DQsS7hDXcAABQD_.jpg

Last edited:
Livia Renata Souza could probably be ready for that fight but it would ruin her fight with Randa Markos.

Souza is scheduled to fight Aguilar, not Markos. Markos is scheduled to fight Lima.

So this #Dizz just says stuff with no source?
Yea he is about a 70% in the reliability meter in my opinion. He definitely has sources but has been known to listen to his less than reliable sources in the past and gotten burned for it. He has been right on some fairly big stuff in the past that can not be considered just guessing.

Souza is scheduled to fight Aguilar, not Markos. Markos is scheduled to fight Lima.
I thought they would give JAG another perceived tuneup fight. She has not looked good at all since joining the UFC and I don't think she has what it takes to beat Souza. I would like her to pick up a win though, I hate seeing fighters who were once considered the best fail badly once they make it to the big stage. Now that I think about it her career has turned out almost exactly like Will Brooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back