• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

This explanation, even considering your previous one about whatever the TCE thing is, still makes no sense. Picking Taylor just confuses me. You did this on purpose.

:)

Are you saying that you think Aldrich will win?

Are you saying that you think Aldrich will win?

At least I am. She has good enough understanding of distance and movement to make the striking hard for someone as tiny as Taylor.

Of course one cannot count out the chance that Danielle will gouge both of JJ's eyes completely out of their sockets (never forget, never forgive) and/or that a bunch of Australian judges manage to crash the event and give her the victory in clear defeat (never forget, never forgive).

I think Taylor got this. Rooting for her too.

I'm rooting for Clark, Faria and Bernardo in the other match ups.
I think Eye could have a great career comeback with that fight tho. But would be great to see her and PVZ losing and fighting each next, with Eye fighting for her contract..

So is Jessy Jess still fighting? Is she back in the rankings yet?

So is Jessy Jess still fighting? Is she back in the rankings yet?

Looks like the UFC has her ranked #10 at flyweight. She fights Paige VanZant this weekend (who isn't ranked at flyweight yet).

Think the favorable match up is on purpose?

<5>

Those calendars she did with KGB aren't just gonna sell themselves.

Well, okay. They probably will. She's just KOTC's "it" girl. They can't have her go on a losing streak.

Looks like the UFC has her ranked #10 at flyweight. She fights Paige VanZant this weekend (who isn't ranked at flyweight yet).
So she's back? Wasn't she inexplicably dropped last week leading to guesses about a doping bust?

So she's back? Wasn't she inexplicably dropped last week leading to guesses about a doping bust?

Bunch of rumor spreading motherfuckers and shittalkers around these parts just trying to ruin things... if it gets much worse, I'm going to have to go back to the heavies for my dose of common sense. haha

Heather Hardy killer Kristina Williams has a fight date set. Opponent TBA

KOTC strawweight title fight set. Last I knew this was Steph Frausto's title. They must have removed it after she bowed out of her last fight due to injury.

Celine Haga calling out Angela Magana:

Curious to see who gets Williams, she looked like she has some potential last time.
At least I am. She has good enough understanding of distance and movement to make the striking hard for someone as tiny as Taylor.

Of course one cannot count out the chance that Danielle will gouge both of JJ's eyes completely out of their sockets (never forget, never forgive) and/or that a bunch of Australian judges manage to crash the event and give her the victory in clear defeat (never forget, never forgive).
Aldrich is theoretically a good enough striker to get this done, but Taylor is also a very impressive athlete and has a decent shot to go along with her right hand. It'll be fun.

All the best WFW fighters are in IFMA, or are kickboxers in Australia (or kickboxing Australians). Maybe Franchon Crews with 15 second stand up rules tho.

Somebody with a lot of potentional you forgot to list on the Bellator roster is Genah Fabian. Only 1-0 in mma, but she's really damn big for the weight class, an actual weight cutting 145'er. She's been in Kirian Fitzgibbon's gym for awhile, a coach who had a good amount of success training lady mma fighters. Fabian was supposed to kickbox Charmaine Tweet in December, but Tweet missed weight & pulled out.

Also if she's still fighting, Roberta Sawad (formerly Rovel/Paim) was on her way to being a quality mma fighter. Got married, and had a baby after the Julia Budd fight, but seems like she's training again. Was raw still when she fought Budd, but has legit bjj credentials; and came from that original Astra group with Janaisa Morandin/Karine Silva/Talita Santos. Another big 145'er.

LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------

No fights on TV/streaming this weekend, led to me watching a bunch of random fights on youtube and looking through mma social media.

Erin Blanchfield the 18 year old who won that EBI tournament in July had her first amateur mma fight. Seems like someone we'll probably be seeing in Invicta/LFA in a year or two.

Super Fight League Season 2 is going to be going on during Feb-March. Asha Roka is probably going to be fighting (and really the only reason to watch modern SFL). If format is same as last time, and the boxing season she'll be fighting 3-4 times. She's going to beat the shit out of the lady in the tweet below if I had to guess. Hope Invicta or whoever eventually rescues Asha from Indian MMA.

Randomly watching Indonesian fights, and this Linda Darrow person is interesting. No idea who these people she is fighting are, but she looks well rounded. All her fights are on youtube. Quality of MMA in Indonesia has grown a lot since ONE went there in 2014. Lol "One Pride" is the name of the big TV promotion there.

https://youtu.be/ANf1rroqDHw?t=5m32s

Highlights of Marina Rodriguez's two fights in December.
12/10 vs Amanda Torres. Highlights don't show that Rodriguez had problems with Torres's boxing early, and her top control through out the fight. Was a competitive fight.

12/22 vs Natalia Cristina. One sided bludgeoning.

lovedeep singh <36>

I'm puzzled by Cyborg's interest in boxing right now. I'd think that Cyborg might want to make some big money while she can. As a UFC champion, she finally can make some relatively big money. But whereas there was bigger money for McGregor in boxing compared to the championship money in the UFC, I find it very hard to believe that there is even close to the money available for Cyborg in women's boxing as compared with UFC money. Am I wrong?

I'm puzzled by Cyborg's interest in boxing right now. I'd think that Cyborg might want to make some big money while she can. As a UFC champion, she finally can make some relatively big money. But whereas there was bigger money for McGregor in boxing compared to the championship money in the UFC, I find it very hard to believe that there is even close to the money available for Cyborg in women's boxing as compared with UFC money. Am I wrong?
The UFC might get a lot of crap about fighter pay but I don't think anywhere else comes close to the UFC when it comes to female combat sports pay. I remember hearing Bob Arum talk about a female fighter he signed being boxing's equivalent of Ronda and when I saw her pay she only made 2k. I know this is only 1 instance but it was one that stuck in my head because of how surprising low that boxing's equivalent of Ronda Rousey was being paid. Add that to the multiple times female boxers come to MMA and say its the highest they are being paid even though they are not even close to getting big bucks yet.

danielle taylor is boring as shit to watch
She is the worst. Her whole game plan is to circle away from opponent the entire fight and look for opportunities to poke them in the eye.

Curious to see who gets Williams, she looked like she has some potential last time.

I read that Emily Ducote is set to fight on that card but her opponent has not been named. Could be Williams. I plan on looking into that a bit more later today.

Little update.

(Edited) Agreed. A good fight if it is the one that is made.

Last edited:
^ That would be an interesting matchup.

Finally have some free evenings this weekend. I'll be making and uploading new videos to my YT channel. First up: fight reviews for Road FC 45. Also going to be making previews for this weekend's events. Maybe addressing recent news and rumors as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back