• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Until they evolve, have her fighting Nunes, M. Anderson, maybe some boxing bouts.

I'd like to see her fighting against TMT's Latondria, but there might some conflict of interests in making that match. But whether they do that or not, I think that wouldn't help to build the division up. They needed to start making the roster during that time when Cristiane would prepare for the boxing bout. Only thing making that fight happen is that UFC and TMT has worked together in the past, but I think Dana has some issues against showtime now.

The problem is the same as men's HW division. Athletic WFW size women are hard to find, and they have better options like WNBA/tennis. UFC needs to show there is more to a WFW career than crushed by Cyborg & there is good money.
I think most wnba players would be lightweights and higher.

What the UFC needs to do is just start having fights at FW. Who would've guessed a 3-2 fighter would be the flyweight champion before they fought their way to that spot? People will emerge, but they'd need to actually sign more than two people who weren't already fighting at another weight class and have more than title fights

There is like 8-12 featherweights with potential, all available (not at Bellator). Most of them are outside top 10, but different from Bellator roster some of them are young.
And to fill a TUF, doesn't need a good record, TUF 26 proved that. Many fighters 2-1, 3-2, 4-4 etc.

And if my wife were 5 years younger she could roll out of bed and beat half of them to a pulp.
The talent level at WFW is literally that bad.

There is like 8-12 featherweights with potential, all available (not at Bellator). Most of them are outside top 10, but different from Bellator roster some of them are young.
And to fill a TUF, doesn't need a good record, TUF 26 proved that. Many fighters 2-1, 3-2, 4-4 etc.
Get them over to Invicta (or other fight orgs), i'm not keen on having them jump straight in to the UFC.

Care to name those 8-12? The list of fighters you suggested on the previous page was laughably bad. And half of them were 40 or thereabouts.

Get them over to Invicta (or other fight orgs), i'm not keen on having them jump straight in to the UFC.

It's not helping bulding the division either if there is no one to fight, and UFC is considered so elite level that you need to have accomplishments in other organizations.

It's not helping bulding the division either if there is no one to fight, and UFC is considered so elite level that you need to have accomplishments in other organizations.
The best thing the UFC can do is sign up prospects at 135 and 145, and offer girls fights in both divisions.

If I were the UFC I would see if I could sign Cindy Dandois, Pam Sorensen, Bobbi Jo Dalziel and Felicia Spencer. On top of them, Faith Van Duin just gave birth, and Latoya Walker has had a long lay off, but a UFC contract might bring them both back. Danyelle Wolfe and Kayla Harrison are both marketable names that have shown interest in the division as well.

Then sign some larger 135ers, or women who don't show enough promise to be groomed for 135. (Marciea Allen, Zarah Fairn, Leah Letson, Elizabeth Phillips, Zaria Dyshekova, Alexandra de Cassia, Fernanda Barboroza, Duda Cowboyzina, and Luana Carolina.)

Of course, I suspect that when Cyborg retires, the UFC cancels 145, rightfully so.

I remember the first time I mentioned her and people were like, who? Can't be real!

20170808093008_Duda_Cowboyzinha_TAPE_GLOVER_BLUE_1.JPG

Duda in black and yellow there.

Build it with what? It's a crap division, always has been.

Featherweights (136.1-146.0 pounds):

1. Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino (18-1-0, 1 ND) – Invicta FC/UFC
2. Julia “The Jewel” Budd (11-2-0) – Bellator
3. Megan Anderson (8-2-0) – Invicta FC/UFC
4. Arlene “Angerfist” Blencowe (10-7-0) – Bellator
5. Charmaine “Not So Sweet” Tweet (9-6-0) – Invicta FC
6. Talita “Treta” Nogueira (7-0-0) – Bellator
7. Amanda “The Lady Killer” Bell (5-5-0) – Bellator
8. Gabrielle “Gabanator” Holloway (6-5-0) – Bellator
9. Ediane “India” Gomes (11-4-0) – Invicta FC
10. Helena “Pretty” Kolesnyk (5-1-0, 1 NC) – Invicta FC

That's half the top ten signed to Bellator,and then look at the records. It's even worse when you look at how many of them have losing records at 135, or have lost to 135lbers at 145.

This. There is NOT enough talent out there for both Bellator and UFC to be playing with 145. Too bad this isn't real sports.... It'd be nice if UFC could just trade Cyborg to Bellator.

This. There is NOT enough talent out there for both Bellator and UFC to be playing with 145. Too bad this isn't real sports.... It'd be nice if UFC could just trade Cyborg to Bellator.
They could sell her contract. They could also just release her. Coker would be dumb anough to scoop her up and pay her way more money than she's worth.

They could sell her contract. They could also just release her. Coker would be dumb anough to scoop her up and pay her way more money than she's worth.

Yeah, but that won't happen unless she loses and then becomes a major problem.... even then they'd probally just sit her out as long as they can like they always tend to do.

If they could get a few prospects or something for her.... everybody wins. It makes sense for her to be in Bellator, at least they have the rumblings of a division and something to build off of. It'll never happen, but it really would be the best scenario for all involved.

Has Coker ever done anything that stupid? I think he makes alot of smart moves.

What would be valid price? 500k? 1m?

There were 457 fights in the UFC in 2017 and I think 63 were wmma fights. At the end of the year we've had an influx of flyweights and now we're talking about bringing in featherweights, so we'll end up with maybe 115 women in the UFC. Give them even 2 fights apiece and we'd be looking at 115 fights, probably more like 150

Do we think that's going to happen? More likely we'd see current talent cut to make way for less skilled featherweights. OK this might appeal to the just bleed crowd but the overall standard would fall.

Personally I'd like to see more movement between the lower ranks of the UFC and Invicta/LFA. At the moment a late replacement comes in and then gets at least 3 fights. Why not send them back to Invicta if they lose with the option of bringing them back later. If the UFC go the multi platform route I'd like to see them have short 5 fight women's cards on some channel or other.

If your going to nurture featherweights it doesn't have to be in the UFC, you can select a cadre of girls and have them develop somewhere else. But if you insist on doing it on UFC cards then you're going to have to cut present talent to make way for them.

Personally I'd like to see more movement between the lower ranks of the UFC and Invicta/LFA. At the moment a late replacement comes in and then gets at least 3 fights. Why not send them back to Invicta if they lose with the option of bringing them back later. If the UFC go the multi platform route I'd like to see them have short 5 fight women's cards on some channel or other.

If your going to nurture featherweights it doesn't have to be in the UFC, you can select a cadre of girls and have them develop somewhere else. But if you insist on doing it on UFC cards then you're going to have to cut present talent to make way for them.

Its always surprised me that Invicta and the UFC haven't worked more closely like this... They should have been doing this for the last year or two at least. UFC wins.... Invicta wins.... the fighters win.

Look at all the stars that got built through the WEC.... there's no reason the UFC shouldn't be doing the exact same thing with Invicta.

Its always surprised me that Invicta and the UFC haven't worked more closely like this... They should have been doing this for the last year or two at least. UFC wins.... Invicta wins.... the fighters win.

Look at all the stars that got built through the WEC.... there's no reason the UFC shouldn't be doing the exact same thing with Invicta.
that would involve putting cash into invicta so they could stage more cards, that aint gonna happen.
instead invicta keeps debuting noobs cos they can pay em peanuts
if all these girls were sent to invicta nobody would fight more than once a year.

Most of them are at Invicta..
What im saying is, why keep them at Invicta instead of giving them the UFC spotlight? The payment would increase aswell, allowing them to quit their other eventual job and focus 100% on MMA, evolving to make the division more competitive. Must be hard to take the sport seriously when you can't pay bills with that..

Care to name those 8-12? The list of fighters you suggested on the previous page was laughably bad. And half of them were 40 or thereabouts.
Im talking about them, actually. Yeah, some of them aren't exactly young, but Reneau isn't (she's 40) and could/should be at 3 win streak at UFC if wasn't for BR bias and terrible judging in Correia fight.

UFC could easily do a TUF with Nunes and Cyborg as coaches and have Anderson-Dandois rematch at co main event, for example. If Cyborg wins, what is more likely to happen, she fights the winner of the co main.

Megan Anderson - (7-2) - 27y
Cindy Dandois - (10-3) - 33y

Other than the ones i'll list here, we gotta remember Bobbi Jo Dalziel (3-0) is fighting at LW but probably could cut to 145. As already said, Kayla Harrison will debut at 2018 too. And being honest, i'd expect some bantamweights to take that opportunity and move up so they could fight for UFC. Not sure how many would do that, but to deny it 100% is kinda silly. I'm not talking about the ones at UFC right now, just the ones at regional level.

Featherweights outside Bellator:

Charmaine Tweet - (9-6) - 40y
Latoya Walker - (5-1) - 38y
Ediane Gomes - (11-4) - 37y
Jamila Sandora - (2-0) - 35y
Daria Ibragimova - (9-2) - 33y
Pamela Sorenson - (7-2) - 31y
Zarah Fairn Dos Santos - (6-2) - 31y
Amy Coleman - (2-2) - 31y
Akeela Al-Hameed - (0-0 PRO, 4-0 AM) - 30y
Helena Kolesnyk - (5-1) - 27y
Felicia Spencer - (3-0) - 27y
Madison McElhaney - (1-1) - 26y
Martyna Czech - (3-0) - ??? (something like 25-27)
Leah Letson - (4-1) - 25y
Courtney King - (1-1) - 24y
Duda Santanna - (3-0) - 20y

Last edited:
Back