• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

im a fan of maia but im gonna go with kuma in the main event

Montano x Invicta champ

With Montano getting surgery on her broken foot (plus I'd like to see her have some time with good trainers), it might not be such a good idea to have the Invicta champ waiting around for her. And, anyway, I expect that the UFC might want the Invicta champ to have at least one UFC fight before going for a UFC title shot.

With Montano getting surgery on her broken foot (plus I'd like to see her have some time with good trainers), it might not be such a good idea to have the Invicta champ waiting around for her. And, anyway, I expect that the UFC might want the Invicta champ to have at least one UFC fight before going for a UFC title shot.

Agree. I bet uncle Dana is pissed about his shiny new champ needing time off.

:)

Polyana Viana, 9-1 115er signs with UFC, debut at February in Belem, Brazil
Opponent yet to be announced

that makes sense, i hope Montano goes to some big gym next, her potential is right there, just needs to refine some aspects of her game

Polyana Viana, 9-1 115er signs with UFC, debut at February at Belem, Brazil
Opponent yet to be announced

that makes sense, i hope Montano goes to some big gym next, her potential is right there, just needs to refine some aspects of her game

Kind of a goofy fighter. Being an uncoordinated brawler, who is all about pulling guard for guillotines isn't going to (shouldn't) work in the UFC, but she flat lined Amanda Ribas when I thought Ribas was just the coolest prospect.

I kind of feel like she's gonna face LRS... or LRS is gonna be on this card. I just hope Livinha fights soon to be honest.

<Oku03> <{1-7}>
I kind of feel like she's gonna face LRS... or LRS is gonna be on this card. I just hope Livinha fights soon to be honest.
I don't feel like they would want to match 2 brazilian newcomers against each other, more likely both fight there but against other fighters.

First whinge. If it is a "video" I'd like to see something other than just a car interior and a tree.

If you don't want to show your face and can't show fighter photos, I'd rather see a logo.

I haven't listened to much of the content yet but what I heard sounded pretty promising and informative.

My thoughts as I watch it:

(so it is obvious I watched the entire thing)

1. Odd choice of location.
2. It sounds like you are reading from a script. Please do not take this the wrong way, but you sound somewhat mechanical. I say this as someone who hears this every time he speaks in front of a group, so I have some experience here, having heard this since the days of being able to record your own eight-track tapes and cassettes.
3. You sounded less so talking about Brown, and stayed pretty smooth from there (except, obvious, when you were reading stats, but that is to be expected).
4. It is a video channel. A few videos of the fights were sort of what I expected.
5. Good job on your diction when pronouncing names.
6. Surprised you picked against Dern, but glad to hear that you did.
7. I also favor Maia based on experience over superior comp.
8. Cool shout-out to a bunch of dumb-asses.

Far better than what I could do, if I came across harsh. that is not my intent. If I try and announce anything, I sound like a sport scientist reading a biomechanics diagram. My only other conversational tones include yelling like an asshole and apologizing for being an asshole.

:)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on a logo for the future. I'm not computer savvy at all.

1. Location was chosen based out of necessity. I often take my lunch breaks in my car, which was the only time I could do this video.
2. While not following a script, I was definitely going off of notes I wrote up before hand.
3. I'll work on getting videos or pictures for future previews/reviews.
4. I take people's names seriously. Nothing irks me more than when people screw up names.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on a logo for the future. I'm not computer savvy at all.

1. Location was chosen based out of necessity. I often take my lunch breaks in my car, which was the only time I could do this video.
2. While not following a script, I was definitely going off of notes I wrote up before hand.
3. I'll work on getting videos or pictures for future previews/reviews.
4. I take people's names seriously. Nothing irks me more than when people screw up names.

Cool. Like I said, much better than anything I could do do.

I just hate hearing my voice on a recording. Not how it sounds in my ears at all.

Haha I hate talking on mics for the same reason. I think you have a good voice for this sort of thing though, you speak quick, but also clearly.

I just hate hearing my voice on a recording. Not how it sounds in my ears at all.
Same. I had an English assignment once where I had to stand up in front of the class and do a speech on a debatable topic and there was a camera inches away from my face, I legit thought I was going to pass out, had to literally beg the teacher not to play it because I can't got a second without cringing at how my voice sounds.

Lena had a win two fights ago in WMMAF - World MMA Cup 2016 overturned, but I can't find out why. Wondering if she tested positive for a banned substance.

20171208084451__44I9816.JPG

20171208084451__44I9831.JPG

20171208084533__44I9796.JPG

20171208084550__44I9811.JPG

Last edited:
Good job to Nicco for fighting on a broken foot
especially after losing most all of her camp do
to said issues and having to rely on a cortisone
shot to make fight night.

Lena had a win two fights ago in WMMAF - World MMA Cup 2016 overturned, but I can't find out why. Wondering if she tested positive for a banned substance.

20171208084451__44I9816.JPG

20171208084451__44I9831.JPG

20171208084533__44I9796.JPG

20171208084550__44I9811.JPG

That was a robbery. Mara Romero Borella should have won that fight but it was given to Lena Ochynnikova via Split Decision. The org overturned the decision to a No Contest.

Good on them.

--
Here is a little bit of info on that decision. Translation from Italian.

Today comes the rectification of the result by the technical director of WMMAF Patrizio Rizzoli through a formal act that turns the defeat of Mara Romero Borella for split decision in a no contest.

borella.png

Decision that only partially gives justice to the Italian woman who would have deserved the victory on the field but who must instead be content with a no contest that in fact delegitimizes the entire arbitration commission of the event in an attempt to contain irregularities and gross errors

We are waiting for sherdog , the international database for MMA, to change the Italian record

* I remember the referee standing the fight up several times when Borella took Lena O down and was beating her up there. Not legit standups.

--

Corinne Laframboise turned it around against Griet Eeckhout at TKO 41: Champions late in the first round. Looking good. Getting bloody. Definitely motivated after getting taken down by Eeckhout and beaten on for a minute or so.

Eeckhout looking much better in round two, closer to how she was fighting in the first part of round one. Hard to judge who won the round. Lots of clinching. Eeckhout landed more and better strikes but Laframboise had her moments too including a brief takedown.

Laframboise unleashes a good flurry of blows. Looking good in round three.

Laframboise using her size advantage in the clinch along with her wrestling finally asserting itself.

Eeckhout being tough and taking control of the clinch fight again. Laframboise ought to win this by decision.

Yep. 30-27. Laframboise improves to 2-1 and Eeckhout drops to 3-3-1. Overall a good fight.

Last edited:
I should see if I can find a video of the fight in Italian. I bet the commentary would be interesting.

If Niedz beat Maia, she has a win over the fighters that were #1 and #2 WFLW before she signed with Invicta, of course that's the real belt, Honchak was out for 3 years and Roxy lost to both Porto and Maia. The winner of Invicta belt is the #1 WFLW on the world.
None of it really matters since Niedz and whoever they want at 125 will be in UFC anyway.

None of it really matters since Niedz and whoever they want at 125 will be in UFC anyway.
Never said it matters, but still my opinion. WME don't care that much about rankings so they will probably make the winner fight someone else (other than Nicco) in her UFC debut.

Another great night for Invicta. Glad they're putting on more events next year & have signed a bunch more fighters.

InvictaFC26 POTN Bonuses: Jennifer Maia, Mackenzie Dern, Janaisa Morandin, Virna Jandiroba

Which one do you like the most?

Back