Official Women's Division Discussion #25

put up or shut up time for Rena

she either proves the doubters wrong, or this will likely be the last time we see her in MMA

Honestly it's still a pick em imo. Kanna could choke her out like last time or Rena could land something and finish the fight.

Also, can anyone explain why they have them fight at 108 pounds instead of 105? Is it because of them using kilos instead of pounds or can Rena make 108 but not 105?

Honestly it's still a pick em imo. Kanna could choke her out like last time or Rena could land something and finish the fight.

Also, can anyone explain why they have them fight at 108 pounds instead of 105? Is it because of them using kilos instead of pounds or can Rena make 108 but not 105?

Rena was defending the takedowns really well before Kanna got her along the ropes, with an entire camp focused on defensive grappling measures it's very possible she wins, agreed

Yan Qi Hui is a long time training partner and protege of Yan Xiaonan before coming to the states, and had been training at Jackson's with her for at least a year. Actually think Jackson's might be a good place for Sanda fighters, it's a pretty strong wrestling/bjj room for women (and Winkeljohn might leave you alone if you already have a side kick/wheel kick).

--------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
LFN 9 has had some changes to it's card. Weronika Zygmunt (4-3-0) was originally scheduled to fight Claire Lopez (2-0-0) however she withdrew due to an injury, Hanna Gujwan (1-2-0) has stepped in to replace and the fight is now at 118 lbs.

The only other MMA bout on this card is between Ewelina Wozniak (0-0-0) and Kinga Jendrasik (0-0-0), both fought as amateurs prior to this making this their professional debut. Tapology has the bout listed as an amateur fight however the LFN site lists both as 0-0-0 instead of the ammy records so I'm assuming it's a pro bout? I'm excited to see how Wozniak does.

Roberta Paim Rovel (4-1) most recently fought in bellator, seems to be trying out for TUF 28.

Does anyone know if Invicta still does fight & Performance of
the night bonuses since i haven't seen any mention of them
since the December card where 2 performance of the night
bonuses were issued.

Does anyone know if Invicta still does fight & Performance of
the night bonuses since i haven't seen any mention of them
since the December card where 2 performance of the night
bonuses were issued.
Last card Kaufman and Lehner was FOTN and performance of the night went to Pannie Kianzad and I think Pearl Gonzales.

With Angela Lee defending her title at ONE against Mei Yamaguchi for the second time it'll be interesting to see who steps up afterwards. I think they wanted Rika Ishige to string together a few wins but she dropped two decisions to Jomary Torres and her most recent one to Angelie Sabanal. I think Torres would be the one that makes the most sense, behind her I'd say Priscilla Gaol (who's been on a role since debuting with two losses). Gina Iniong isn't too far behind... also I wonder where Jujeath Nagaowa is, she hasn't fought since 2016.

There's also Michelle Nicolini who's 3-0 in the promotion however she's now fighting at flyweight, might be a good opponent for Xiong, she recently submitted Iryna Kyselova (who has an incredibly padded record, not to take anything away from Nicolini's win but I'm just sayin).

Last edited:
My thoughts on Dern vs Cooper: I hope Cooper uses her boxing to circle away and pop her each time Dern charges with wild barrages. Amanda can win if she doesn't backpedal against the cage like everyone else.

My thoughts on Dern vs Cooper: I hope Cooper uses her boxing to circle away and pop her each time Dern charges with wild barrages. Amanda can win if she doesn't backpedal against the cage like everyone else.

Yup. My thought is that Cooper will do something stupid. I hope I am wrong. Never liked Dern.

Amber Leibrock defeats Janay Harding by unanimous decision (30-27,30-26x2)

Yeah, she's big for 135 but definitely looked a weight class smaller than Leibrock. She was eating head kicks like candy.

Bellator probably keeps her because it was a good fight though imo.

Gotta think if Jamie wins again they'll have to sign her.

Damn after starting as a Dern fan I really wanted ABC to win. Dern might not be dedicated or technical with her standup but from the very beginning she had that power. Now it is time for her to fight at 125. Hopefully the UFC does the right thing and gives ABC a big bonus.

Back