• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Did Valentina not read the post by Nicco that listed her health issues? Is there a language barrier?

Has Ray Elbe taken over her account?

I like both Valentina and Cyborg I just prefer them when they don't talk.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see Tecia be more aggressive with a killer instinct rather than point fighting. She was lighting up what's her face and could have got a TKO if she didn't continue to backoff.

Them's fighting words. What's Her Face is my favorite fighter!

talking about Elbe.. something interesting:

973805e2432b902717088b834d9476dc.png

Cyborg and Holm size and weight fight night was very similar, as i have been saying for months.
Holm was the one who, apparently, was stronger on the clinch.
According to Holm's own team, she is/was cutting from the north of 170 lbs.
It was Cyborg's skills that won her the fight, not the supposed "size advantage over bantamweights" that Cyborg's haters talked so much about.

Last edited:
Valentina is such a bully. That's unnecessary. Really hope Nicco puts a beating on her.

I very much hope the beating will be mutual, and at least 4 rounds long. I was very much on the bandwagon for the fight to begin with, but with Nicco's fun outburst and now Val starting to chime in, the marketing has marketed and I am already getting stoked. Just wishing Nicco recovers speedily AND completely and they both step into the cage at 100% and bring it :)

i said this would happen when they first raided invictas roster it also diluted invictas momentum and they are only just beggining to build up again.
morons run the ufc, ees normal

That's the part that pisses me off so much, raiding Invicta's roster is dickish but acceptable IF the UFC is doing it to provide a larger platform & audience for WMMA, and to showcase the fighters & grow the sport. But they're not. They're signing a bunch of women and letting them sit on the sidelines, when they finally do get a chance to fight they're usually buried in the prelims where there's not much of an audience.

I mean, the only functional division is WSW, and even that one's getting fucked up by questionable matchmaking. WBW is a disaster these days and flyweight which can easily be awesome if it were run by anyone who isn't a complete dumbass is in danger of becoming an abortion. And I use that in the literal sense since the division is badly stalled out with no fights booked. Seriously, look at the next couple months and the only fights are some bottom feeders which do nothing to sort out the rankings and a couple TUF do-overs. A glue eating toddler could do a better job than the window licking mongoloids who are running this gong show.

flyweight which can easily be awesome if it were run by anyone who isn't a complete dumbass is in danger of becoming an abortion. And I use that in the literal sense since the division is badly stalled out with no fights booked. Seriously, look at the next couple months and the only fights are some bottom feeders which do nothing to sort out the rankings and a couple TUF do-overs. A glue eating toddler could do a better job than the window licking mongoloids who are running this gong show.
45fe5a2588e08bf6b1b4853f08949b0d.png

{<huh}

<Huh2>

Nice post. To add to that PVZ is injured and AES just had a fight.

To the people who complain about fighters only getting average about 2 fights a year I would ask one thing. Which promotion can you point to me that every fighter or even every WMMA fighter is getting an average 3 fights a year. Bellator is notorious for sitting fighters except their prospects. Invicta does the same except for their favorites aka friends of their matchmakers. Rizin does not have enough shows for fighters to average 3 fights a year. ACB don't even want WMMA. LFA is mainly their prospects vs cans to build them up(not complaining this is their purpose). I understand that things are not ideal but there has to be a reason why no promotion is giving fighters 3 fights a year guaranteed. You know me, I almost only care about WMMA these days so I would love if that were the case but I can understand that there are reasons for things.

Last edited:
Some random info/news that I have come across that some might be interesting. Cindy Dandois seems to finally understand why she got cut from the UFC. She has been posting more clips of her working on her striking and while she was punching a bag so I know this does not mean anything at all her form did look better. It also looks like she stepped up the striking training due to wanting to get chosen for TUF as she been also hinting at trying out.

This story on Dern being asked to leave the MMA Lab is a weird one. I wanted her to leave to go to a gym with better striking and wrestling. In a perfect world she would go with Kings MMA. I hate their very hard sparring but I can't ignore their results with BJJ practicioners in the past. The reason why she was asked to leave is what is unsettling. There seem to be hints that the main guy there did not think she was committed enough. I really hope that is not the case or she will be another cautionary tale about not being totally committed to MMA. It almost never ends well for those people.

Dern probably has the money to hire legit wrestling and boxing coaches. She needs to not let her career go to waste and find people who can bring those skills up to speed.

Nice post. To add to that PVZ is injured and AES just had a fight.

To the people who complain about fighters only getting average about 2 fights a year I would ask one thing. Which promotion can you point to me that every fighter or even every WMMA fighter is getting an average 3 fights a year. Bellator is notorious for sitting fighters except their prospects. Invicta does the same except for their favorites aka friends of their matchmakers. Rizin does not have enough shows for fighters to average 3 fights a year. ACB don't even want WMMA. LFA is mainly their prospects vs cans to build them up(not complaining this is their purpose). I understand that things are not ideal but there has to be a reason why no promotion is giving fighters 3 fights a year guaranteed. You know me, I almost only care about WMMA these days so I would love if that were the case but I can understand that their are reasons for things.
early invicta shows had a good roster, and were well attended, i know after she got burned shannon knapp wanted to keep total control, but a partnership could have been worked out.
zuffa could have put money into them and more shows would have built up a wmma audience, we know its there, more shows means more opportunity to fight.
now they have no money, so we get half a card of newbies and one or two recognisable fighters who, as soon as they show promise, are snapped up to sit in limbo by the UFC.
i agree invictas matchmaking is hinky at times, but knapp treats the fighters like people at least, UFC dont care one way or another.

Can you read? I said there's nothing booked other than a bunch of TUF do-overs and some bottom feeders that don't sort out the rankings. Half those fights are essentially TUF do-overs, Eye vs. Clark is a battle of the gatekeepers, the only fights that do anything are Davis vs. Chookagian and Liz vs. Maia, and those ones are 2.5-3 months out. Oh, and Shevchenko's "title shot" hasn't even been signed, who the fuck know when/if that's even happening.

early invicta shows had a good roster, and were well attended, i know after she got burned shannon knapp wanted to keep total control, but a partnership could have been worked out.
zuffa could have put money into them and more shows would have built up a wmma audience, we know its there, more shows means more opportunity to fight.
now they have no money, so we get half a card of newbies and one or two recognisable fighters who, as soon as they show promise, are snapped up to sit in limbo by the UFC.
i agree invictas matchmaking is hinky at times, but knapp treats the fighters like people at least, UFC dont care one way or another.

After I’ve done some thinking on it, the current Invicta shows aren’t that different from the early ones, other than a lack of fighters who were previously known from strike force (all BWs). There were still a LOT of debutant fighters and other general newbies back then. It was exciting times.

The only thing Invicta lacks now is name power, and that’s because their fighters aren’t around long enough to get more well known before signing on with other promotions.

Same news as above, but from Green's corner:

Can you read? I said there's nothing booked other than a bunch of TUF do-overs and some bottom feeders that don't sort out the rankings. Half those fights are essentially TUF do-overs, Eye vs. Clark is a battle of the gatekeepers, the only fights that do anything are Davis vs. Chookagian and Liz vs. Maia, and those ones are 2.5-3 months out. Oh, and Shevchenko's "title shot" hasn't even been signed, who the fuck know when/if that's even happening.
Looking at the rankings, the UFC top fifteen, I’m trying to figure out who you wouldn’t consider either a “bottom feeder” or a “TUF do over.”

I mean, seriously, depending on the definition, they’re all either TUF fighters or bantamweight rejects. What a dick thing to say about fighters, as a supposed fan.

Looking at the rankings, the UFC top fifteen, I’m trying to figure out who you wouldn’t consider either a “bottom feeder” or a “TUF do over.”

I mean, seriously, depending on the definition, they’re all either TUF fighters or bantamweight rejects. What a dick thing to say about fighters, as a supposed fan.

They're matching all the TUF fighters against other TUF fighters, this is brain dead lazy matchmaking to say the least. Congratulations, we just a a season of TUF where all those fighters fought each other, so we're gonna have them fight each other again because reasons. And while they're doing this all the new fighters they signed from Invicta & elsewhere are getting sat out with no fights. Seriously, drawing names out of a hat would result in better matchups than what those morons in matchmaking came up with. That's my problem with the UFC.

For fuck's sake, just go down the rankings and match up TUF fighters against the closest ranked fighter who wasn't on TUF. That does a much better job of sorting out the rankings, keeping fighters busy, and introducing the audience to new fighters. Can you imagine if after the WSW season of TUF they had Carla, Tecia, Rose, and JoJo fight each other again while Claudia, Joanna, Karolina, and Grasso all get sat out? Because that's what they're doing to the flyweight division right now.

The point about the tuf girls being matched with each other is totally fair, Dobson is the only one who has faced a non-tuf, with Robertson due to do so - but against debutants. 2 of the tuf girls have moved to straw and 4 have been cut. No reason why Eubanks, Murphy, Modafferi and Honchak shouldn't be fighting Davis, Carmouche, Chookagian etc. rather than each other. I suppose there's a particular reason for the Ostovich DelaRosa match up.

I don't think the non-tuf girls are being sidelined though, most of them look online to getting 3 fights by the end of the year, but yes it's poor matchmaking to ghettoize the tuf vets.

Back