• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Wii U Thread, v4: Not Dead Yet

None of which were the originally advertised game when they first announced the Wii-U. 4 years too late now.

I think the Wii U had the unfortunate problem of releasing with a pretty small intial amount of games. The console actually has a great library now, but didn't get the push the Wii did. It's a shame, because I love the system. The eshop is now full of amazing classics from the NES/SNES/N64/GBA/DS. The gamepad is an awesome controller as well. I'm sad it bombed in sales.

Hoping the NX will be backwards compatible so I can at least keep my games. Possibly transfer my downloaded games and data over from the Wii U.

Nintendo already denied the rumor, saying they have no plans to stop manufacturing the Wii U.

Nintendo always says this. Shit leaks by insiders to tech blogs and media. Nintendo has stake holders and such that they don't want to shake confidence and they'll aways deny. I bet you can check back and find the exact "Nintendo denies shutdowns" for N64, Gamecube, Wii, etc... It's just typical company response. Even when prototype controllers, or tentative console's leak Nintendo "doesn't comment on rumors and speculation" response comes out. I remember when Project Cafe (Wii U) was leaked, Nintendo denied, until there was so much leaking about it, that they confirmed an unveiling at E3. Funny that we're approaching April when leaks leading into e3 start happening. The controller leak will the first of many leaks regarding NX. History repeating.

this gen I just have the Wii U and a PS Vita, the vita I play a lot of remakes of ps3, and at home I really don't have many time to play, I'm playing sometimes Fast Racing Neo with some friends, and on weekends I play some Wonderful 101. Usually I'm busier playing on PC, so I still have Yoshi Wooly world, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade and some others in their box, let unplayed. I guess I will not buy any other next gen console any time soon. Maybe I will pick the sucessor of the NX if there is one someday.
I guess I just feel better playing on PC

Back