Official UFC fight night 83 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't agree on riggs on that bunch

couple others i'm eyeing, waiting for lines, tho
Same here. Camozzi might end up my biggest bet of the card if hes -150 or better. Fully expecting him to be -200ish though

I'm going to be on Garbrandt. I think at +140 or more I'll bite. He's very confident in his abilities and he's not afraid of Lineker. He's a capable wrestler and he has power on the feet. It still stands that Lineker is a FLW moving up because he wasn't disciplined enough to go on a diet. And he's a guy that relies on his godlike chin. I'm also contemplating playing Lineker's decision line it cashed me out big time last time out against McCall.
i dont know man cody was really hesitant against Enrique briones and lineker is on another level than him. I think cody is really gonna have to step up to win this fight and even if he does he still may not win imo

So I think I messed up the last card by putting decent sized bets despite lacking the proper tape watching and research. Good thing I'm crushing E-sports betting today (for the first time in a long time) or I'd be annoyed about it. Gonna aim at a lot of research this time around, eyeing a few fights but I feel that they might be very pricey so I guess I better be right about them.

Wanted to say that I'm with Joseph Budden on the PED issue, and I've noticed that I tend to disagree with him almost always. That confuses me thought, since I'm fairly certain he's a knowledgeable and bright guy. I'm guessing we have very different preferences in fighters or something.

Back when I did BJJ (as a very untalented white belt, despite a few years of training) I trained with some dude who claimed he knew/had trained with Siyar Bahadurzada. Apparently this dude came to a small town in Sweden, was the nicest guy ever and had some low level K1 experience that he used to knock people silly at the local MMA club. When he came to BJJ he was possibly the most polite person I've ever met between rolls, and then for some reason he jumped into a heel hook first thing at the warm up during a slow roll. Instructor says "oh, only 20% speed now)" and the guy nods and proceeds to go for a full force can opener on me. Never figured out if he was just incapable of going less then 150% or possibly an asshole. I'm leaning towards the first one.

As for the fights I have a small bet on Lineker already, gonna research that fight properly and possibly bet it biggish. Fade team alpha fail, Garbrandt looked very mediocre last time out and I'm done underrestimating Lineker against less then elite fighters.

Really confused about the Riggs fight. Riggs probably has more skills, but he probably gives up a decent bit of size and looks about as solid as a 10 year old French car during winter times.

Agree with most re Cody. I bet him against Briones and was left very underwhelmed.

No idea who Trevor Smith is fighting but hes one of worst fighters on UFC roster definite fade material.

Just a note, Garbrandt is getting one on one tuition from Six Guns Gibson

Noticed a comment on Twitter from Bones Jones to the effect of "love your flow"

I think Garbrandt may have a higher ceiling than we anticipate

don't agree on riggs on that bunch

couple others i'm eyeing, waiting for lines, tho
Gonna have to watch tape to see if im missing something. They are both fade material to me so wont be playing anyone as a semi-big or big fav thats for sure.

i like garbrant. not confident in the hobbit at bantamweight, think rivera fought the ultimate dumb fight against him which is why we get generous odds on cody

I'm going for Garbrant. He has great hands and his wrestling is very good. He has a record of 32-1 as an amateur boxer so i'm pretty comfortable on his skills. Maybe my only bet for this card.

Does anyone have a favourite they think is "safe money" ?

I'm going for Garbrant. He has great hands and his wrestling is very good. He has a record of 32-1 as an amateur boxer so i'm pretty comfortable on his skills. Maybe my only bet for this card.

Does anyone have a favourite they think is "safe money" ?

Brunson but the odds will reflect that I suspect.

Similar to Roy vs. Rosholt, I think people are being reactive with Lineker and Garbrandt. Weren't most people on Rivera against Lineker? I don't know how Garbrandt has a worse chance than Rivera. He fights a lot more conservative (which is good against Lineker), has just as sharp of striking, and he's got the wrestling chops. I think this is an even fight at worst.

Similar to Roy vs. Rosholt, I think people are being reactive with Lineker and Garbrandt. Weren't most people on Rivera against Lineker? I don't know how Garbrandt has a worse chance than Rivera. He fights a lot more conservative (which is good against Lineker), has just as sharp of striking, and he's got the wrestling chops. I think this is an even fight at worst.

Yeah I agree. It's a tough fight to call - I won't be betting it. Over 2.5 would probably be my only consideration not sure what that line is tho.

Just watched the Lineker vs. Rivera fight, why have i missed that one. What a sick fight! Lineker has a good jaw indeed. Maybe i am not as shure as before now..

And just watched the Lineker vs Ali bagautinov fight, and lineker has pretty poor wrestling.. hmm i will stick to Garbrandt

JustinBuchholz is the new head coach of TAM

On Tuesday’s episode of Stud Radio, host Justin Buchholz announced some pretty big news, revealing that he had been appointed as the team’s new head coach.

“We could talk about the team,” said Buchholz. “I’m the head coach. I have been officially. No one wants to talk about it, I’ve just been doing everything, like whatever.”

Fellow host, ‘Sir Studboy’ asked Buchholz how things have been going as the new coach and what its been like in his new role on the team.

“It’s good. It’s been an interesting time, I have not got f*cking one second to myself since I got the job, and the job I got at the banquet (Team Alpha Male Banquet). Eighteen days ago, it feels like eighteen years have gone by. It’s been non-stop. I went to TJ’s [Dillashaw] fight and right from there it was West Coast fight week. We had three guys on that, I went and cornered those guys on Saturday.”

He continued:

“The thing with coaching the team is, everybody that’s been there for a while, the majority of the team is easily coachable. The history I have is all these guys have been my peers and best friends, the main guys. Now, I don’t know what Joe [Benzvidez] and Lance [Palmer] are doing really, because they’ve been traveling all over the world, like tweeting pictures of snakes and sh*t, like I don’t know. It’s just an interesting thing to not only have to change the schedule, coach practice, coach a good practice, but dealing with everything that comes along with it. I had to drain three ears, patch a cut. The amount of tape I’m watching, I’m there all f*cking day.”

He then went on to drop some more big news about the team, stating that recently released UFC fighter Danny Castillo has been named as the team’s wrestling coach and Chris Holdsworth has been appointed as the team’s Jiu-Jitsu coach.

“The thing is: I’m head coach, Danny Castillo’s head wrestling coach and Chris Holdsworth is Team Alpha Male’s Jiu-Jitsu coach.”

He also commented on the matter of having active fighters leading classes at the gym. In the recent past, fighters like Lance Palmer, former WSOF featherweight champ, has stated that he’s been coaching wrestling practices, while still in his own training camp trying to prepare for a fight. Well, Buchholz says there won’t be any more of that.

“Yeah it’s silly, and that’s one thing I said that’s not going to happen,” said Buchholz. “We’re not going to have fighters running, active fighters, running classes. It just doesn’t work out. Coaching is something that’s very serious and needs to be treated like that.”

Last edited:
Confidence decrease on Garbrandt due to his team falling apart.

Think i'll probably play Lineker by decision just for value. Maybe even just fight goes the distance. At least thats my early lean. Don't wanna put too much on that fight cause on one hand Cody will be much bigger and seems like a very talented prospect, but on the other hand he couldn't finish Henry friggin Briones who is not UFC caliber.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back