• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC 196 Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone feel like Diaz is about to get slaughtered after that weigh in? Conor is definitely going for his legs and body.

I was hoping to get o4.5 DEC at evens, but it's at o5.5
If someone compiled the number of decisions per card over the last 5 years into a graph that would be sweet. So lazy though.

Uh oh. Draftkings' "experts" predicting Conor and Holly to both lose lmao

If someone compiled the number of decisions per card over the last 5 years into a graph that would be sweet. So lazy though.
This info is about two years old, but:

Approximately 40% of fights that take place in a small octagon go to a decision

Approximately 60% of fights that take place in the big octagon go to a decision

Anyone feel like Diaz is about to get slaughtered after that weigh in? Conor is definitely going for his legs and body.
Me! Conors fights is nearly all finishes, i can't see nate take the power of his hands or kicks. The only way i can see nate to win is to sub conor, but it aint gonna happen.

Nate making Conor flinch was hillarious :D

Round 1 Diaz

Conor's uppercut is gonna get Diaz. He tends to fall in after he throws his left and Conor's got a pretty lethal uppercut. He killed midget man Brimage with it, Nate obviously much bigger but I think Connor's gonna get him with it as well. Nate's got a good chin so it's tough to call exactly when Conor's shots start to take their toll, though.

I bet the fights to go distance under 5½ on down to 1½.

If I'm Diaz and Conor stings me even a little I'm going down and pulling a Mir (fake being hurt a bit worse than you are to bait the other guy to the mat). Yeah, if the fight goes to the cards it hurts as knockdowns tend to carry weight with the judges. But I think the benefits outweigh the downside. Maybe Conor gets too aggressive and Nate catches him in his guard where it's a big edge for Nate. If not, it lets Nate recover for a few seconds instead of eating follow up shots. If Conor backs off and waves Nate up there's still a little delay where Nate can shake off any effects of the punch/kick. It's a 5 round fight that probably won't see the cards (though it's possible) so whatever negative affect it could have on Nate in the judges eyes is made up for by the potential benefits he gets.

I don't think Nate's pride will let him do it though. He's tough as hell. This could potentially be him getting his face beat in for 3 rounds and getting stopped via standing TKO.

If I'm Diaz and Conor stings me even a little I'm going down and pulling a Mir (fake being hurt a bit worse than you are to bait the other guy to the mat). Yeah, if the fight goes to the cards it hurts as knockdowns tend to carry weight with the judges. But I think the benefits outweigh the downside. Maybe Conor gets too aggressive and Nate catches him in his guard where it's a big edge for Nate. If not, it lets Nate recover for a few seconds instead of eating follow up shots. If Conor backs off and waves Nate up there's still a little delay where Nate can shake off any effects of the punch/kick. It's a 5 round fight that probably won't see the cards (though it's possible) so whatever negative affect it could have on Nate in the judges eyes is made up for by the potential benefits he gets.

I don't think Nate's pride will let him do it though. He's tough as hell. This could potentially be him getting his face beat in for 3 rounds and getting stopped via standing TKO.
Honestly, I was thinking about this earlier, what if Nate dropped to butt scoot right from the start? Conor has talked shit about his jiu jitsu, so invite him in your guard. If Conor didn't oblige, I feel Nate could get a mental advantage from that since Conor has gone out of his way to say how he'd crush Nate on the mat

But idk, that was just me daydreaming earlier lol

Honestly, I was thinking about this earlier, what if Nate dropped to butt scoot right from the start? Conor has talked shit about his jiu jitsu, so invite him in your guard. If Conor didn't oblige, I feel Nate could get a mental advantage from that since Conor has gone out of his way to say how he'd crush Nate on the mat

But idk, that was just me daydreaming earlier lol

Ha ha Conor is a lot of things but an idiot isn't one of them. He's avoiding the mat like the plague and we cash out takedowns bet LOL.

Coral are doing some novelty (don't even know if thats the correct word but i'll go with it) bets for the McG/Diaz fight

Conor's Final Strike Before The Referee Stops The Fight To Be With His Left Hand
EVS

Nate Diaz To Show Conor The Middle Finger At Some Point During The 25 Minute Fight
4/7

Both Fighters To Come To The Octagon In Personal Possession Of Their Nations Flag (McGregor Irish, Diaz American)
8/11

Both Fighters To Touch Gloves Before The Fight
2/1

I know there's no such thing as buying money but i think that middle finger one is as close as it gets :D

Can someone post a weigh in link? I'm at work so I can't look around really

Man I hate to say it but I think Conor is going to kick Nate all night long lol, feel like he wins by headkick and Danas head explodes $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back