RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Ruiz vs Ortiz Fox / PBC PPV 9/4

Winner

• Total voters
Nothing wrong with the decision, sounds like typical Luis Ortiz sympathy, it’s par for the course at this point.

everyone's complaining about the fight, but i actually enjoyed it.

i had ortiz winning 113-112, but i guess a round or two was close enough to give it to andy. i had him winning the rounds in which he scored a knockdown, plus the 11th. it's a fucking travesty that he lost 8 rounds to a 43 year old ortiz.

him vs wilder will actually make for a pretty intriguing fight. wilder isn't exactly all there, either, with his conspiracy theories about spiked water and all that horseshit. it's going to be a battle between a delusional man who can't box, and a morbidly obese one who can.

Work emergencies robbed me of this barn burner live. I had it a draw but too close and dont care enough to call it a bad decision. Weird fight and not the easiest to score.

Wilder flatlines Ruiz if that fight happens but it would be a fun one. Hopefully we can see it.

Wow, Ruiz almost lost again? Roflmao, I just saw a small clip of the fight, looked like Ruiz came in about the same as usual which means out of shape. 268, damn seems a little high. Would he fight more up to the test if he were going in against Wilder or was AJ just a fluke?

Felt like if Ortiz scored a knockdown towards the end he could've evened up the scorecard and took the decision. Very close fight.

Ortiz at his best demolishes a guy like Ruiz. Still crazy that Ruiz was able to beat Joshua.

Pretty crazy... But remember that the guy, who knocked out AJ in sparring prior to the Ruiz fight, is even lower ranked than Ruiz.

you’re insane if you think that fight was anything close to decent lol
Yeah, that was a stinker. One guy confused by the southpaw in front of him, the other guy who knows he's too chinny to take any chances.

somewhat intriguing but i don't recall seeing a guy get dropped like 3 times but win every other round

Wow, Ruiz almost lost again? Roflmao, I just saw a small clip of the fight, looked like Ruiz came in about the same as usual which means out of shape. 268, damn seems a little high. Would he fight more up to the test if he were going in against Wilder or was AJ just a fluke?
some people just can't stay focused and disciplined. Ruiz caught the break of his career in koing AJ and he parties like there is no tomorrow. comes in considerably fatter for the rematch than in the first fight, in which he was fat to begin with.

It is sad because he is a good fighter. fast and heavy punches for his size, but he limits himself with just how fat he comes into fights.

some people just can't stay focused and disciplined. Ruiz caught the break of his career in koing AJ and he parties like there is no tomorrow. comes in considerably fatter for the rematch than in the first fight, in which he was fat to begin with.

It is sad because he is a good fighter. fast and heavy punches for his size, but he limits himself with just how fat he comes into fights.
I always say it on here but ignored but for the first AJ fight Ruiz literally did two back to back training camps. He was in the best shape of his career his training videos pre fight were something else for someone his size. He was also highly motivated and to be honest got lucky with the shot and kept pushing vs a concussed AJ

Saw it in the morning today, with no spoilers. Good fun fight. Ortiz is old but is still a knockout artist. They say power leaves you the last. Remember how he demolished Martin after being wobbled and dropped a couple of times. Ruiz didn't want to make the mistakes he made when he fought Arreola, underestimate the ability of the opponent to counter when he is hurt. Ruiz fought a smart fight. It was his first ever fight with a southpaw, plus Ruiz was never a good scorer of points. A young Parker (who is by no standards some scientific boxer) outpointed him and Joshua 120-108ed him easily in Saudi.

And lol at people saying Ruiz would duck Wilder. Ruiz is a limited lazy fat ass, you can call him whatever you want, but he ain't ducking a fight with a living creature, ever.

Saw it in the morning today, with no spoilers. Good fun fight. Ortiz is old but is still a knockout artist. They say power leaves you the last. Remember how he demolished Martin after being wobbled and dropped a couple of times. Ruiz didn't want to make the mistakes he made when he fought Arreola, underestimate the ability of the opponent to counter when he is hurt. Ruiz fought a smart fight. It was his first ever fight with a southpaw, plus Ruiz was never a good scorer of points. A young Parker (who is by no standards some scientific boxer) outpointed him and Joshua 120-108ed him easily in Saudi.

And lol at people saying Ruiz would duck Wilder. Ruiz is a limited lazy fat ass, you can call him whatever you want, but he ain't ducking a fight with a living creature, ever.
Bless his heart too because Wilder is going to put his fist through Ruiz face if that fight happens.

Ruiz is game but if Im managing him I wouldnt be signing him up for Wilder.

Bless his heart too because Wilder is going to put his fist through Ruiz face if that fight happens.

Ruiz is game but if Im managing him I wouldnt be signing him up for Wilder.
I see a path to victory for both men. Wilder always has the one shot ko power. Ruiz has a good chin, but give me the heaviest punch in the game over strong chin any day of the week.

that said, I could see ruiz eating wilder up (no pun intended) on the inside, IF, he can avoid the wilder power. Ruiz really does put them together well, but he can't afford to eat too many wilder right hands.

Back