RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Diaz vs. Masvidal 2 Saturday 07.06.2024 at 09:00 PM ET ( NDemand)

This is precisely the reason why

Most of you are heavily influenced by the stats

And aren't watching the actual fight.

If you think Jorge threw anywhere near the volume Nate Did, I don't know what to say.

Nate easily threw 3x as many punches. Many of us actually counted them manually and it's true.

Those were easily the worst fight stats I've ever seen and also a testament to how easily some people are influenced.
I mean I wasn't looking at the stat numbers when doing my round-by-round scorecards and it was still obviously Masvidal beating the brakes off of Nate

I agree Nate visibly threw more punches but maybe the stats people excluded punches that clearly only made contact with the glove and not with the head idk

Bottom line is Masvidal smashed him with hard shots that were fully undefended and Nate landed weak ones on the guard

I mean I wasn't looking at the stat numbers when doing my round-by-round scorecards and it was still obviously Masvidal beating the brakes off of Nate

I agree Nate visibly threw more punches but maybe the stats people excluded punches that clearly only made contact with the glove and not with the head idk

Bottom line is Masvidal smashed him with hard shots that were fully undefended and Nate landed weak ones on the guard
Most of what he gets hit with he sees coming and he moves with the shots to some degree, his chin isn't THAT good

I would say, you need to watch the fight again with the sound off. Genuinely confused by what fight some of you were watching.

It's about as clear a win for Diaz as you can get.

I agree the stats were really off. As for who won it is a toss up. Some of Nates punches were pretty loud for a weird as he was throwing. Mas definitely landed harder shots, but it comes down to do 2 hard shots trump 10 weaker shots? Nate also had Mas backed up against the ropes / corner multiple times which wasn't a good look for Mas. I'm fine with the decision, but not by the margin the judges had it

I'm not upset. You're clearly inebriated or emotional, for some odd reason, lol.
I had Diaz winning that fight, punches in bunches Mang. I don't know what fight you watched, but Diaz won. Stay salty.

This guy is the biggest troll. All he does is harass me in the heavyweights and says stupid shit like this. Diaz didn’t win that fight lol

Nate was throwing pitter patter punches to keep Masvidal off guard those did 0 damage

Who had who in more trouble? Masvidal has Nate reeling from those shots…. What did Diaz do? Nothing

This fight looked more like a sparring contest.

I would say, you need to watch the fight again with the sound off. Genuinely confused by what fight some of you were watching.

Lol it wasn't clear at all. Diaz scored more volume, Masvidal landed harder punches. It could of went either way and that's why it was a split decision and the scorecards are so back and forth.

Lol it wasn't clear at all. Diaz scored more volume, Masvidal landed harder punches. It could of went either way and that's why it was a split decision and the scorecards are so back and forth.
Threw more in every round by a massive margin. Landed more in every round.

Masvidal landed some bigger shots, but they were few and far between. He was pretty consistently out worked.

I would suggest people go back and rewatch with no sound, ignoring the stats.

It would be very confusing if Nate didn't win this and you have to figure the fake stats played a huge factor in swaying opinions. But the realty is, Nate threw 3x the amount of punches, if not more.

No article on the results. There's an article about the Darren Till fight, but no Diaz fight results info.

Nate was throwing pitter patter punches to keep Masvidal off guard those did 0 damage

Who had who in more trouble? Masvidal has Nate reeling from those shots…. What did Diaz do? Nothing
You sound pretty goofy, AldoStillGoat! You realize sanctioned fights aren’t judged based on damage, right? Maybe Dana’s comments are seared into your peahead brain. Landing pitter patter punches for the majority of a round wouldn’t be nullified by a masvidal power shot.

I suggest you try to move on, AldoStillGoat. Masvidal can still say he gave the current WW champion a kfc meal!

This was a fun fight. Hard to score. I thought Masvidal won but looking at the stats I can see why people think Nate won and why the judges gave it to him.

In any event, it was more entertaining than the Shakur Stevenson fight from what I can tell. Although that's not a very high bar to clear.

What was the beef about at the end?

Neither one of them mentioned it at the post fight conference

Threw more in every round by a massive margin. Landed more in every round.
By a massive margin? Nate threw 30 more punches over the whole fight. So how did he throw more by a massive margin each around? Hyperbolic statement that doesn't reflect reality
Masvidal landed some bigger shots, but they were few and far between. He was pretty consistently out worked.
Few and far between? Jorge was consistently ripping power shots every time he threw
I would suggest people go back and rewatch with no sound, ignoring the stats.

It would be very confusing if Nate didn't win this and you have to figure the fake stats played a huge factor in swaying opinions. But the realty is, Nate threw 3x the amount of punches, if not more.
"Fake stats"? Lmao what?

Nate should not be winning fights off of pitter patter sparring punches. Those are not clean effective punches which are the basis of scoring.

LOL Oh well. Entertaining fight. Bad decision, but boxing. What else is new? Still not Pacman Bradley level or this new bitcoin level stealing

It's probably not a fight most people have seen as it wasn't exactly a huge fight and involved an unknown fighter, but Rios Vs Abril is one of the worst decisions I've seen, it was really 9 - 3 for Abril.

Golovkin Vs Canelo 1 was also 9 - 3 Golovkin, awful decision for at least they called that a draw rather than a win for Canelo.

But I think the single worst decision I've ever seen is exactly what you mentioned, Pacquiao Vs Bradley. It wasn't even remotely close, Pacquiao won 10 rounds. Imagine giving the fight to a guy who won 2 rounds.

As far as the sound off goes, I think the commentators were biased for Diaz and they were scoring it for Diaz. But that didn't stop me from seeing the power shots taken straight on the chin with no defense

Back