RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Canelo vs Charlo Discussion 9/30 Showtime PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fight was over the moment Canelo showed up trimmed down from the stupid muscle gains. He looks as crisp as ever.

It's easy to look good against someone who doesn't even try to win.

It's easy to look good against someone who doesn't even try to win.
Its not easy to look like a ballooned slow plodder with a shit gas tank to as fluid as he looked last night regardless of what the opponent does. That is about Canelo and only Canelo. He looked fantastic physically.

Benavidez turned down 175s and is now ducking Andrade. Please shut the hell up with the boogieman Benavidez nonsense.

Hopefully it is the Cinco de Mayo fight though.
And when it isn't, you will call out Alvarez (correctly) for ducking him. Right?

Dang, seems like Ugas is done for. Started out strong but it was getting ugly.

Charlo did nothing all fight. There was no attempt to win at any point.

What can he do? He threw and landed flush punches and Canelo just wasn't phased by it. Charlo doesn't have the power to hurt Canelo.

I thought CAnelo was going to stop him within 9, but still a completely one sided performance. Basically made Charlo take essentially a standing fetal position the entire fight. Great body work.

Tim is not as proven of an entity yet, I'm going with the more experienced guy

Until the Harrison fight I would have agreed and never posted, that was a clinical display of speed, power and timing.

Watch the post fight interview and tell me you cannot see and hear weasel speak? He's scared, (not bed wet kid scared) he's realised that Tim is a threat and the Harrison demolition has shaken his confidence.

Most found fault in it but even the Carlos would have been unsettling. Harrison showed precise self control while the next fight was reckless, this was a choice not a habit. This shows flexibility of skill and thats a dangerous fighter that can alter his fight style in such a manner.

Anything can happen in a fight but if I had to bet I'd bet Tim beats him.
He's hungrier, has bad intentions and something to prove and thats IF the fight happens because I suspect Tim will need to corner him to get him in the ring.

This was the best Canelo has looked since the Callum Smith fight which means the 'Canelo is back' train is back on the rails, which means the demand for him fighting Benavidez and the toughest opponents will be very high. It will be very very difficult for Canelo to fight Mall or Crawford next now because the public just won't accept it, after this blow out. Very interesting to see what happens next.

This was the best Canelo has looked since the Callum Smith fight which means the 'Canelo is back' train is back on the rails, which means the demand for him fighting Benavidez and the toughest opponents will be very high. It will be very very difficult for Canelo to fight Mall or Crawford next now because the public just won't accept it, after this blow out. Very interesting to see what happens next.
He looked better against saunders and plant, both of whom would probably beat jermell at 168 as well

He looked better against saunders and plant, both of whom would probably beat jermell at 168 as well

Those fights were much more competitive though even if he stopped them. He basically shut out Smith and Charlo so in that sense he dominated and looked better.

Wow! Yes! So dominant.Great win for Canelo and congratulations to him on defending the IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO Super Middleweight Titles!

Saunders maybe. Id take this version of Canelo over the bulked up one against Plant. Much better movement and fluidity.

I sorta think Charlo has completely wiped out any momentum that he has for any other super fight

who tf wants to see him fight Terrence Crawford after that even IF it would be more competitive

I sorta think Charlo has completely wiped out any momentum that he has for any other super fight

who tf wants to see him fight Terrence Crawford after that even IF it would be more competitive

He would have to club Tszyu like a baby seal to rebuild some momentum, that’s for sure.

Oh he’s done. It’s over after one like that

Back