Official Sherdog End of Year 2016 P4P Leader

Who is the P4P King for 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dana White calls Conor McGregor the top pound-for-pound fighter in MMA

Over the years, UFC President Dana White has anointed several different fighters as the best pound-for-pound guy in the sport. Anderson Silva, Georges St-Pierre, Jon Jones, Anthony Pettis, Renan Barao, and Demetrious Johnson have all, at one point or another, been bestowed with that illustrious moniker. Now we can add one more to that hallowed pantheon.

Sitting down with The Michael Kay Show on Thursday, White discussed many things, among them his mercurial lightweight champion Conor McGregor, who he called the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport after his accomplishments at UFC 205.

"When you talk about the pound-for-pound, they don't have Conor McGregor as the pound-for-pound - the media does the ratings - when you talk about what pound-for-pound really means, how is it not Conor McGregor? The guy was the [145] pound champion, [155] pound champion, and beat a guy at 170 [pounds]. That's what pound-for-pound really means."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...-white-calls-conor-mcgregor-the-top-pound-for

Reasonable claim.

When is that mouse going to man up and move up?

Im actually surprised the top 3 are not McGregor, Perry, and Northcutt. Based on the average sherdogger MMAIQ anyways.

Still laughable that a guy who went 2-1 in 2016 is considered the #2 P4P fighter on Sherdog however.

DJ is the obvious answer though. They had to create a tournament just to get him a new challenger for his belt.

stipe and bisping beat p4p greats. conor won a second title. honestly.. what the fuck did mighty mouse do this year?

i voted for conor but i can understand why people vote for stipe or bisping or cruz but why would you vote for dj?

Conor PROVED he is a p4p top by winning a belt in a 2nd division. Meanwhile MM is fighting game show contestants and looking like shit

Mighty Mouse easily, I mean he beat a ultimate fighter winner and his division is so deep.

Conor took two belts, and had a dramatic saga with Nate Diaz going one and one.

Conor PROVED he is a p4p top by winning a belt in a 2nd division. Meanwhile MM is fighting game show contestants and looking like shit

Guess losing to Nate Diaz doesnt count for anything though eh? Especially considering that Diaz was a "game show contestant as well"

I voted McGregor. He moved up in weight and even fought at 170. Yes he lost, but it was 2 weight classes up. He also moved up and captured the belt which is something I don't think MM could have done this year. MM looked pretty bad in his fight with the Ultimate Fighter winner guy too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back