No Spoilers Official Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Discussion

Finally took Isshin down. Spent a ton of tries whittling him down with hit and run tactics, just to have the run ended with a poorly timed dodge. I was on a run that was going particularly bad so I just decided to go super aggressive instead of playing footsie with him and ended up smashing him pretty good.

Off to mess around with NG+ now until Days Gone hits this weekend.
You know, every video I watch of someone just going ham on Isshin usually leads to a successful attempt. Elajazz and DSP both beat him in 3 tries by being aggressive and most of the damageless kills I’ve seen were hyper aggressive. He always says “hesitation is death” or whatever so I wonder if he’s coded to fuck up timid players.

Well bull skip may be harder than the bull. I tried it for 40 minutes and got nowhere. Second playthrough might be dead because I hate that fucking thing lol
Or you could go one of two ways:
1. Stop playing because you are clearly unable to learn the mechanics.
2. Actually learn the game and quit bitching.
I feel like I say this to you on EVERY Fromsoft game thread.

Or you could go one of two ways:
1. Stop playing because you are clearly unable to learn the mechanics.
2. Actually learn the game and quit bitching.
I feel like I say this to you on EVERY Fromsoft game thread.
Suck my dick. I beat the horse first try. Lady Butterfly second try. The Bull is bullshit.

Happened to me and I got to the big monkey died like 5 times and was like I'm not sure I enjoy this game and moved on to Yakuza Kawami. I'm having much more fun with this game.

Lol what a coincidence.

Before I started Sekiro I was in the middle of a Yakuza 0 playthrough. I will get back to Yakuza but I doubt i'll drop Sekiro before finishing it. I'm enjoying the gameplay too much !

Patch 1.03 just announced for all platforms. Sounds like typical rebalancing, minor fixes and skips being patched.

Release Timing:
April 23rd, 2019 10:00 JST
April 23rd, 2019 03:00 CEST
April 22nd, 2019 18:00 PDT
April 22nd, 2019 21:00 EDT

https://www.sekiro.jp/news_detail_190422_01.html
Release Notes

Improvements to Strategic Approaches
  • Adjusted the efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost of the following to encourage usage and diversity of approach:
    • Prosthetic Tools: "Lazulite Sacred Flame," "Loaded Axe" series, "Sparking Axe," "Lazulite Axe"

• Combat Arts: "Ashina Cross," "Dragon Flash," "One Mind," "Floating Passage," "Spiral Cloud Passage," "Mortal Draw," "Empowered Mortal Draw"

• Items: "Spiritfall" series
  • Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts "Senpou Leaping Kicks" and "High Monk" as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.

• Increased the Poison build-up dealt by the Prosthetic Tool "Sabimaru" against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.

• Increased the drop rate of "Divine Confetti" for Fencers in Ashina Castle.

• Adjusted loading screen tips and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.
Other Fixes
  • Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.

• Lowered the price of information sold by Anayama the Peddler.

• The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed.

• Fixed a bug where "Gokan's Sugar" and "Gokan's Spiritfall" were not mitigating player Posture damage taken while guarding or deflecting enemy attacks.

• Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.

• Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.

• Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.

• Fixed certain bugs that were allowing the player to access unexpected areas, which could result in becoming unable to obtain items or make further progress.

• Fixed cases of certain text being displayed incorrectly.

• Improved stability.

• Improved performance.

• Other various bug fixes.
After applying the update, the version notation in the bottom-right of the title screen will display as follows:

App Ver. 1.03

Removing the fire buildup would mean you can fight that bull normally.

Everything takes 1/2 or more with full beads (max vit and posture), fighting the bull like that is cancer on NG+.

Atleast butt hit strats work really good. Gonna try and get through nearly everything for Shura ending in a 2-3 hours.

Ok Bull down in 2 tries, would have been 1 but I forgot about firecrackers. Deflecting really is the name of the game even against this thing. Does posture damage and allows 2-3 hits to the head each time.

Bull sucks dick. It’s not fun at all and when you reach him at that point in the game you’re doing very little damage so it makes it tedious even with firecrackers.

Just reached the Guardian Ape. Holy fuck he's kicking my ass.

I had forgotten what a Sekiro boss feels like after a 2 week break from the game.

Ok Bull down in 2 tries, would have been 1 but I forgot about firecrackers. Deflecting really is the name of the game even against this thing. Does posture damage and allows 2-3 hits to the head each time.
So let me get this straight:
You bitched for losing ONCE?

I'm adding you to my ignore list. You're a cocksmoker.

So let me get this straight:
You bitched for losing ONCE?

I'm adding you to my ignore list. You're a cocksmoker.
TBF he was getting dicked down in his first playthrough, iirc he was salty for like 2 days, and probably still has that salt deep within him still for the bull.

I assembled the mask. Is there a limit to how many times you can increase your attack power?

Back