• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Official poster for UFC 295: Jones vs Miocic

At least you know who is fighting unlike with Rizin's dumb posters
vnQypEa.jpg

This is the same company that made an announcement when they "redesigned" the UFC logo, and all they did was a little rounding on the corners, those billions are not in the design department, are in the legal and HR department.

Lol, Im so glad I forget some of these things sir.

garbage. Stipe and Jones looks like they're staring at each other's noses.

I guess I don't "get" what makes a poster and what doesn't. How many things can actually happen in which to make it awesome? Two fighters facing off with some artwork and colors. Seems fairly straightforward to me.

{<shrug}

At least you know who is fighting unlike with Rizin's dumb posters
vnQypEa.jpg

I like that as artwork (sorta), but as a fight poster that is redundant lmao

They have like several templates they use for posters and keep on reusing them. I know it’s just a poster but they aren’t unique or original and just boring.

Not inspired, of course, as no UFC poster is anymore — but it's actually a handsome example of its type. I don't know what you boys are bitching about, unless it's your automatic response to all poster debut threads.

I think you don't realize that when they come up with these, they're not designing just for a poster. It's a whole package of things in all sorts of proportions and sizes. Whatever concept they come up with has to work for a wide shallow banner ad on the web, a promo on ESPN, whatever. So it's almost inevitable they will fall back on one easily repeatable design "gimmick" in a modular sort of layout. Something they can pull apart and reorder however they need and it'll still look as part of graphic identity for the fight.

Not inspired, of course, as no UFC poster is anymore — but it's actually a handsome example of its type. I don't know what you boys are bitching about, unless it's your automatic response to all poster debut threads.

I think you don't realize that when they come up with these, they're not designing just for a poster. It's a whole package of things in all sorts of proportions and sizes. Whatever concept they come up with has to work for a wide shallow banner ad on the web, a promo on ESPN, whatever. So it's almost inevitable they will fall back on one easily repeatable design "gimmick" in a modular sort of layout. Something they can pull apart and reorder however they need and it'll still look as part of graphic identity for the fight.

Yeah people aren't taking the full picture into account, I think it's pretty solid for what they are looking to do. Main purpose of these posters is to advertise the big fights to the casuals, this one works fine. Like you said it's versatile, you can see them using it for promotional banners etc.

All that abstract stuff with swords and other stuff by Rizin etc is cool for hardcores but not the most effective way to reach a wider audience.

It still sucks ass, but I acknowledge that, after seeing this and the prior one, they're trying.

They're just pondering life and shit, and watching each other's nose

They're just pondering life and shit, and watching each other's nose

With what he's put up it, surely Jones' nose bears watching, at least.

Back