• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Official* Miguel Cotto vs Yuri Foreman Thread

Arum, Martirosyan post-fight

There's the post fight presser with Arum. It's 17 minutes long here's a summary:

- Pacquiao has agreed to Floyd's terms, ball is in Mayweather's court
- Chavez Jr is doing well with Freddie Roach, could get a title shot vs Cotto
- Margarito could rematch Cotto
- Martinez is not a draw, will not get a fight with Cotto or Margarito
- Crowd of 20,000 was not disappointing. Many people stayed home due to weather
- Wants Pacquiao to fight long enough where he can win "fighter of the decade" next decade too

Entire fight? You gotta admit that the knee injury definitley changed things. I agree Cotto was winning but I had it 4-2 going into the 7th when he blew his knee out. I would like to see them fight again.

Even if the knee injury didn't happen, I can't see Foreman doing anything to win the fight. He was outclassed. He might have had a good round or two, but in the overall view of the fight Cotto was running the show. I don't think there should be a rematch, but just because of the heart Foreman showed I think he deserves it.

Ballpark brawl generates big ratings

NEW YORK (AP)—The first fight at Yankee Stadium in more than three decades generated the highest rating of the year for HBO, which broadcast the ballpark doubleheader.

The main event that saw Miguel Cotto defeat Yuri Foreman for the junior middleweight title, along with Vanes Martirosyan’s victory over Joe Greene on the undercard, generated a 3.9 rating for the premium cable network.

That equates to about 1.9 million viewers between the live telecast Saturday night and the replay Sunday morning.

The rating measures the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program.

It was the first night of boxing at Yankee Stadium since September 1976, when Muhammad Ali defeated Ken Norton at the old ballpark that has since been torn down.

Ballpark brawl generates big ratings - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

Cotto outclassed Foreman the entire fight, but I have to give Foreman credit for staying with it after his knee gave out.

Oh and Lol at all the Max Kellerman comments, boy was he trying.

Dude have you seen the fight or have you only watch the round after Foreman Slip. Cotto was really behind the score cards even his traininer Stewart admit it and tells Cotto about it during round breaks. Foreman loses his momentum after the knee injury, but during the early round his dancing and finding the rhythm all night long against Cotto. His footwork is impressive even though his a tall huge guy. For me not a bad win against Cotto but Yuri will win a decision I believe.

Dude have you seen the fight or have you only watch the round after Foreman Slip. Cotto was really behind the score cards even his traininer Stewart admit it and tells Cotto about it during round breaks. Foreman loses his momentum after the knee injury, but during the early round his dancing and finding the rhythm all night long against Cotto. His footwork is impressive even though his a tall huge guy. For me not a bad win against Cotto but Yuri will win a decision I believe.

What fight were you watching? Cotto was out-boxing a guy that was supposed to outbox him; Even before the slip. Manny told Cotto he lost a Round and to take control again, Which he did, Cotto would have easily won a UD had it gone that far.

Yuri wasn't landing more punches and he wasn't landing the harder punches, He also go pushed back by Cotto's jab all fight long. How was he winning rounds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back