Official Mayweather Jr. vs Mosley Thread

Any post thoughts from Sugar yet? Did he find it difficult making weight? I can't believe what PBF did in the first 5 rounds made Shane gas like that.

During the last 24/7 episode when Sugar Shane was about to head to Vegas, USADA came by for another urine test, Mosley made some mentions of having difficulty making weight and just saying they should just take the blood and be done with it.

Not to take anything away from floyd but I think the layoff factored into this, more than a year ago Mosley went nine rounds with Margicheato and he gasses after four or five rounds? Add to the fact he was very close to fighting Andre Berto in January and having things turn out like that.

Once again, I was impressed by Floyd's Performance last night, but this just kept nagging as I was watching.

Surprisingly easy work for Floyd.
irreversiblemayweathermosley-1.jpg

And props to Floyd for basically telling the WBA to go fuck themselves by not paying the sanctioning fees.

I somehow am having doubts about Pac's abilities to beat Floyd. I just can't see it happening after watching Floyd fight Shane. Unfortunate as it is for me to feel that way. Manny won't be able to fight his type of fight and will get shut down. I can't see it happening anymore.

I somehow am having doubts about Pac's abilities to beat Floyd. I just can't see it happening after watching Floyd fight Shane. Unfortunate as it is for me to feel that way. Manny won't be able to fight his type of fight and will get shut down. I can't see it happening anymore.

I dont know about that. In the first two rounds with Mosley acting more aggressive and pressuring Floyd, Mosley was able to land more power shots than he did in later rounds. You can't keep standing in front of Floyd and pick the better of the two boxer's shots with Floyd which is something I dont see Manny would do. Pacquiao will most likely keep the pressure from start to end and coming in from different angles.

I dont know about that. In the first two rounds with Mosley acting more aggressive and pressuring Floyd, Mosley was able to land more power shots than he did in later rounds. You can't keep standing in front of Floyd and pick the better of the two boxer's shots with Floyd which is something I dont see Manny would do. Pacquiao will most likely keep the pressure from start to end and coming in from different angles.

He wasn't standing. Floyd was the pressure fighter after the 3rd round. Mosley was afraid to throw until round 11 or 12. Naz was telling him to be aggressive in the middle of the ring and Floyd shut him down. Manny throws aggressively but he would get countered like crazy. Before this I thought it was strictly the way May imposed his size. Mosley came in the bigger man and was unable to implement his game plan. I say Manny would get countered to a loss.

He wasn't standing. Floyd was the pressure fighter after the 3rd round. Mosley was afraid to throw until round 11 or 12. Naz was telling him to be aggressive in the middle of the ring and Floyd shut him down. Manny throws aggressively but he would get countered like crazy. Before this I thought it was strictly the way May imposed his size. Mosley came in the bigger man and was unable to implement his game plan. I say Manny would get countered to a loss.

I don't know Mosley was gassed pretty heavy after the second round. Manny would not be that drained, and I feel Manny has better speed and about the same power as Mosley. I see him coming in working angles keeping the pressure and nailing May is some decent power shots.

It is really hard to pick a winner but I doubt it would be a cake walk for Money, because Pacman is in his prime and a smart fighter. Mosley is leaving his prime and gassed badly.

I don't know Mosley was gassed pretty heavy after the second round. Manny would not be that drained, and I feel Manny has better speed and about the same power as Mosley. I see him coming in working angles keeping the pressure and nailing May is some decent power shots.

It is really hard to pick a winner but I doubt it would be a cake walk for Money, because Pacman is in his prime and a smart fighter. Mosley is leaving his prime and gassed badly.

It wasn't age. This a pure copout for people to excuse Mosley's loss. He didn't gas because he's old. He "gassed" because he was way too jittery. He was tense afraid to throw. He was so uptight in that ring he was probably waiting to drop a nickle out of his ass into a cup after the fight.

Last year he dominated Margarito showed little to no ring rust. This is a bitch way of downplaying May's win.

It wasn't age. This a pure copout for people to excuse Mosley's loss. He didn't gas because he's old. He "gassed" because he was way too jittery. He was tense afraid to throw. He was so uptight in that ring he was probably waiting to drop a nickle out of his ass into a cup after the fight.

Last year he dominated Margarito showed little to no ring rust. This is a bitch way of downplaying May's win.

Im a bitch? Wtf man, way to take it there on an internet forum you fucking keyboard warrior. It was obvious he was tense and I noticed that. But his age did affect his performance, take Dan Henderson for instance when you get older, you don't have the stamina and the performance you once had, its quite obvious. And all I was pointing out was Manny would not gas like that.

Im not taking anything away from May, he almost got knocked out and came back to win a fight against a 38 year old man in dominating fashion. Those are the facts, now shove it.

Im a bitch? Wtf man, way to take it there on an internet forum you fucking keyboard warrior. It was obvious he was tense and I noticed that. But his age did affect his performance, take Dan Henderson for instance when you get older, you don't have the stamina and the performance you once had, its quite obvious. And all I was pointing out was Manny would not gas like that.

Im not taking anything away from May, he almost got knocked out and came back to win a fight against a 38 year old man in dominating fashion. Those are the facts, now shove it.

LOL. I didn't call you a bitch. Please reread what I said. You clearly are too sensitive or just reading into shit I didn't say.

I said that to excuse Mosley for losing this due to age is a shitty way to downplay what Floyd managed to do. Had this fight happened 10 years ago I still think the outcome would be the same. He was afraid to engage Floyd. He threw really weary jabs late in the rounds because he was afraid to commit.

LOL. I didn't call you a bitch. Please reread what I said. You clearly are too sensitive or just reading into shit I didn't say.

I said that to excuse Mosley for losing this due to age is a shitty way to downplay what Floyd managed to do. Had this fight happened 10 years ago I still think the outcome would be the same. He was afraid to engage Floyd. He threw really weary jabs late in the rounds because he was afraid to commit.

Saying I was downplaying May's win is a bitch move, is pretty much calling me a bitch my friend. When in fact I wasn't downplaying it at all, I just pointed out that Mosley is getting up there in age and it definately could of affected his performance. He was very tense as well and we know this affected him. Money shut him down, and looked damn impressive(while I wish he would of got the finish).

The main point I was trying to make was that Manny would not gas like Shane did, nothing more nothing less. But it seems like your the sensitive type, coming to Mays defence when I was actually praising him for putting on the clinic like he did.

The thing is, alot of people knew that fight was going to play out as it did, its a style thing. Alot of people, including myself, fooled themselves into thinking Shane would be able to be Shane against Floyd and we were wrong. I love Shane Mosley, been my favorite fighter for years, but I'm convinced now that that fight would have looked the same at any point in their careers.

This win over Shane should bump Floyd up a few spots on anyones list of anything related to boxing but predictably, boxings fairwetaher fans would just prefer to shoot down the guy that lost and say he wasn't really good anyway.

Saying I was downplaying May's win is a bitch move, is pretty much calling me a bitch my friend. When in fact I wasn't downplaying it at all, I just pointed out that Mosley is getting up there in age and it definately could of affected his performance. He was very tense as well and we know this affected him. Money shut him down, and looked damn impressive(while I wish he would of got the finish).

The main point I was trying to make was that Manny would not gas like Shane did, nothing more nothing less. But it seems like your the sensitive type, coming to Mays defence when I was actually praising him for putting on the clinic like he did.

You can take it anyway you want.

LOL at you saying I'm coming into May's defense. Ask the other posters how I feel about Mayweather and how I felt about him prior to him taking on a real WW.

Great perfomance by Mayweather...from rounds 3-12 he fought a damn near perfect fight...some of the best boxing from a fighter I've seen in a while.

The thing is, alot of people knew that fight was going to play out as it did, its a style thing. Alot of people, including myself, fooled themselves into thinking Shane would be able to be Shane against Floyd and we were wrong. I love Shane Mosley, been my favorite fighter for years, but I'm convinced now that that fight would have looked the same at any point in their careers.

This win over Shane should bump Floyd up a few spots on anyones list of anything related to boxing but predictably, boxings fairwetaher fans would just prefer to shoot down the guy that lost and say he wasn't really good anyway.

Exactly right. This wasn't just an old Mosley. I hate Floyd. I hate his choices in competition up until the Mosley fight. But he outfought Mosley. He made him afraid to throw. That's exactly how I see the Manny fight playing out.

The talking/glove touching got annoying, especially after clinching so much

Funny how Mayweather didnt want to touch gloves until after he got hit

I love Shane to, and I thought Shane at least would of made it competitive, and you are probably right because Money is not really in his prime anymore anyway. I think Money beats him at any point in their careers.

Shane still has it and I think he beats almost any other ww around, but May and Pacman are both on different levels. And I am still undecided on who wins that fight, because they are both supreme fighters and both have the ability to beat the other.

You can take it anyway you want.

LOL at you saying I'm coming into May's defense. Ask the other posters how I feel about Mayweather and how I felt about him prior to him taking on a real WW.

Then why else were you dogging me? I never said Shane is a shit fighter, I just thought it was reasonable that because of his age Mosley gassed quicker than expected. I agree that Shane was timid and scared to throw.

Your thoughts on Money really have nothing to do with why you were ragging on me for thinking age played a factor is this fight, saying it was a bitch move and what not.

Back