Official main card order - UFC 229

It's headlined by Conor vs Khabib. That would sell no matter who is on the undercard. From a business perspective, there is no point whatsoever to wasting name recognition they can put on other events.

They should of kicked it off with OSP/Reyes.put the wmma 3rd for a smoke,pee break..

That's fair, and I agree. But why try to pretend it's some super deep card? It's great because of the main and co-main. That's fine, just be honest lol

It's headlined by Conor vs Khabib. That would sell no matter who is on the undercard. From a business perspective, there is no point whatsoever to wasting name recognition they can put on other events.

Yeah I'm not feeling the Lewis fight. I like Reyes but that fight is underwhelming. My family of casuals will all be watching so I wish it was a little better. Also the prelims are crap if IRC.

Ferguson vs Pettis just made this card a whole lot better.

Also there's Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Alberto Quinonez.

I think the card is looking pretty good right now compared to what it was a week ago.

why haven they promoted conor vs kabib?

remember conor vs aldo? even rda and alverez

we are about a month out and havent had nothing since the bus attack seems conor has been humbled after the first diaz lost doesnt want to do much shit talking or media before his fights when facing opponents the same size as him

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...ufc-229-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-conor-McGregor

They're calling this a "deep" card? I mean the main event and co-main are great, but the rest of the main card is gonna be really iffy.

An inconsistent OSP vs Reyes... Eh.

A walking chronic back spasm in Lewis vs Russian Gumby

And a chick fight. Yay...
Nunes vs Cyborg should have been on that card
Conor vs Khabib as main
and Cyborg vs Nunes as Co-main.

Would have been my choice

Michelle Waterson vs. Felice Herrig

Look ! Another pee break in the main card.

Thats actually a pretty solid undercard for a Conor card. I honestly don't see the point in bitching, most of the fights are meaningful fights in their division. Why would you stack this card with huge names nobody would really care about anyway because the big appeal is Conor's return.

Nobody would be buying it more unless Brock, GSP or Jones were co main.

I think it's a good card to be honest. Main event is fantastic, co main is great. Volkov vs Lewis is a good fight, even though Lewis can put up shit performances at times. It's still a good HW fight. Reyes is a great prospect at LHW, so good to have him on it.

Card is really Good imo. Thr Tony/Pettis fight sealed the deal for me. Would've liked lee on that card aswell.

Volkov vs. Lewis is #2 vs. #5 for the next heavyweight title contender. If that isn't a good fight, I don't know what is.

Conor cards sell regardless but he and Khabib main attraction. Then Ferguson will murder Pettis which will be interesting. Add in Volkov murdering Lewis. Rest of the card is meh. O'Malley is okay but he better at smoking weed and dressing like he in Boogie Nights than fighting.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...ufc-229-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-conor-McGregor

They're calling this a "deep" card? I mean the main event and co-main are great, but the rest of the main card is gonna be really iffy.

An inconsistent OSP vs Reyes... Eh.

A walking chronic back spasm in Lewis vs Russian Gumby

And a chick fight. Yay...

Conor and Khabib must have negotiated too high a $/PPV sold by the looks of it, no one else on the card would have $/PPV built in and majority are in the mid to low tier of pay. Decent match ups though on the main card and good to see Omalley back.

Back