• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Judo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any videos of Olympic/Non Judokas in BJJ tournaments? Naga/GrapplerQ?
I saw the Mongolian video. Made me wanna seek out some more videos.

Saw some nice Judo by Bae Yong Kwon from his ONE FC fight

I've got a question for Judoka_UK: have you abandoned "The Difficult Way?" Loved the posts, but its been quite a while since you posted a new entry.

So yesterday I was told one of my issues......

I'm trying to throw the person while I'm on the other side of the world or thereabouts. Basically I'm just not close enough to them when trying to do the throw. To be honest I don't know where to start in terms of trying to correct this. I realise the learning curve is sssstttteeeeeeppppp and not expecting a miracle cure. In my own thouyghts (and they are only those of a newbie) I think that the fact I'm not getting chest tp chest contact is one area where my problems may lie.

Any tips, vids or pointers would be awesome

lately i've been working on correcting the same issue,whats worked best for me is really bending the elbow on the lapel side drawing them in and locking them down.

My million and one noob questions continue....

Circling and moving the opponent in randoori...

To the best of my knowledge I'm trying to move the opponent into a position that is optimal for me to throw them. That is the extent of my understanding, so when we are doing randoori I'm pretty random and not sure what it is that I should be a) looking for and b) what kind of opening should be looking to create

And.....

Unbalancing the opponent for a forward throw. Without getting into all the finer details,when I 'm putting my foot at the top of the imaginary triangle on the floor , am I trying to step in to them or should I be trying to pull them on to me?

thanks for all the help in here , it's awesome and informative

think about the position that you need your oponent/partner to be in to throw them and then seek to move them there.

for egsample i am left handed one of my favorite throws is osoto gari,for me to throw my opponent i want him to put his left foot forward,therefor i want to violently circle forward and to the left dragging them round in a circular motion causing them to step there left foot forward,and hence i'll go in for osoto.

i know i haven't articulated this very well but hopefully you can make out what i'm trying to say.

To be completely honest my technique is not very good so i rely on getting my oponent in the right position to assist me to throw i rely on two methods to do this a) circular movement and B)feints (well illustrated in the above video)

ahhhh cool these things have helped. Putting them to use will be another thing but can't wait to try. thanks

just started judo last week. my kb gym closed and i always fancied giving judo a try so i took the plunge. pretty cool so far, not done a whole lot, just breakfalls, shown a couple of throws and a little groundwork but its fun. seems a whole lot to take in but im excited to learn it all.

i will read this thread with interest...

just started judo last week. my kb gym closed and i always fancied giving judo a try so i took the plunge. pretty cool so far, not done a whole lot, just breakfalls, shown a couple of throws and a little groundwork but its fun. seems a whole lot to take in but im excited to learn it all.

i will read this thread with interest...

Don't get hurt! :) your toes and fingers are gonna be the little problems.

Dear Judo,

I've been away from you for 3 years before tonight. My toes are bloody from the mat-burn, every inch of me is sore, and I'm still gasping for breath. Three years later and you are still a brutal bitch goddess of a mistress. Three Years later and I still love you.

Together again at last.

-Sankyu

Dear Judo,

I've been away from you for 3 years before tonight. My toes are bloody from the mat-burn, every inch of me is sore, and I'm still gasping for breath. Three years later and you are still a brutal bitch goddess of a mistress. Three Years later and I still love you.

Together again at last.

-Sankyu

Mat burn Thrawn. You aint kidding. Coulnt even put on my work boots. Wondering if I continue, will I see bone?

Aweome with the HSU btw.

Mat burn Thrawn. You aint kidding. Coulnt even put on my work boots. Wondering if I continue, will I see bone?

Aweome with the HSU btw.

Step on the mat at this club for the first time and I'm the only brown belt in a sea of orange, green and white. I could see the three black belts licking their chops should have just sewn a target on my back.

Then I screw up the bow in. They bow to Kano first, I never did that at my old club. Way to go senior kyu!

Ahhh well. Good club, good workout and lots of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back