• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official JMMA Discussion Thread Vol. 3 ~VEE-TEE-JAY~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooto will be streaming tonight on AbemaTV around 5:30 am ET

DEEP Cage Impact 2017
at Korakuen Hall announced for July 15th.
Jaideep Singh defends his Megaton title for the first time against former PXC champ Roque Martinez.
The Welterweight GP finals also take place between former Megaton champ Ken Hasegawa and surprise dark horse Ryuichiro Sumimura

Also Grachan uploaded some video from their last event to their YouTube channel

A pretty slick sub, Shunichi Shimizu (teammate of Shimamura) corrected me that it's called a Rolling Thunder and it's a special move of Shimamura's

Trying to track down a rule set but I came across what looks like female Ganryujima. Tanikawa and Akira Maeda were in attendance.
From what I can gather from watching the videos is that there are striking and grappling aspects, throws score some kind of ippon point, rather than throwing the opponent off the platform it's stepping outside the inner circle that is counted as a ring out, there still seems to be a time limit on the ground but subs are allowed any time and there seems to be no ground and pound.

Results are on efight and they have a Twitter account but I can't seem to find an official rule set anywhere. They are also having some teenage pop idol fight for them in December.

Looks like the videos are gone but I got in contact with that promotion and their events can be viewed on their site. They also have their rule set on there and it more or less sounds like what I had assumed except there is ground and pound but only punches to the body. I'll probably try and get both events that they have held so far entered into Tapology sometime this weekend.

Results for Shooto
Fun event with a lot of great finishes. Tyson Nobumitsu bounced back strong in his return and then became the first person to successfully propose in the Shooto cage. Fullswing Uoi lived up to his name and threw only homerun swings, eventually he connected in the pocket and put away the ZST FW champ. Yuki Kawana vs Shingo Suzuki was 21 seconds of pure Just Bleed brawling with Kawana coming out on top, probably puts him right back into title contention. Takaki Soya was looking good, managed to drop Shimizu and showed a newly developed wrestling game to go with his powerful hands. It was really looking to be that big win he needed to regain the hype he had after winning the Flyweight Rookie Tournament in 2013, unfortunately he ran right into a well timed punched from Shimizu and the fight was over. Featherweight Pacific Rim champ Ryogo Takahashi continued Krazy Bee's recent success by stopping Arnold Quero in the main event via leg kick TKO, every single leg kick he landed was doing big damage and Quero was limping by the end of the 1st round.

Chonan, Rumina, and Yuki Nakai also all got into the cage, I think they were mentioning something about Amateur Shooto teaming up with JBJJF for a tournament.
C_no5S-VoAAbJdN.jpg

NO KICKING ASS NO LIFE
C_no6EdUwAAjvRz.jpg

Some clips
TOMA vs Taison Naito

Tyson Nobumitsu vs Komei Kimura

Fullswing Uoi vs Atsushi Kato

Yuki Kawana vs Shingo Suzuki

Kiyotaka Shimizu vs Takaki Soya

Ryogo Takahashi vs Arnold Quero

Last edited:
I can't figure out if it's streaming on their site or not. There is no schedule and I see no streaming option anywhere. I keep seeing that VOD will be up on the 15th which I kind of feel ripped off because they are supposed to have live events.

I know MMAWorldCup has it listed but that's a separate $14.99 subscription

On a separate note I added in both of SEI☆ZA's events. I guess they have a Team SEI☆ZA that they pit against other "teams". First event was Team SEI☆ZA vs Greece and the second was SEI☆ZA vs Karate-Zendokai with Stoliarenko vs Yabushita as a sort of showcase fight. Team SEI☆ZA came out on top in both events. The second one had a different structure, both teams sent out their first fighters and then the winner keeps fighting until they lose or the opposing team is out of fighters. There are also pinfalls, pro wrestler Nanae Takahashi won by it. I embedded the videos for the first event on the event page, still waiting on them to upload videos of the second event again.

Team SEI☆ZA seems to be made up of:
Julija Stoliarenko

Rajina Bista
Radha Manandhar
Tabatha Ricci
Nanae Takahashi

Stoliarenko (2-0 in SEI☆ZA, MMA losses are to Pudilova and Niedzwiedz) and Ricci (2-0 in MMA, 3-0 in SEI☆ZA) seem to be legitimately skilled, curious why they got into this rather than continuing with more traditional MMA.

The had a cute pro wrestler chick on seiza team but she quite before the first event

It sounds like DEEP was only available through Samurai TV last night.

Here are the results
Otsuka said in his post fight speech that he wants to take part in the RIZIN Bantamweight GP and seems confident he will be after meeting with Sakakibara after the fight.

Word is that true RINGS will return next year focusing on Heavyweights, try not to get too excited tino

Also full results for OUTSIDER 46
I guess the Asakura bros vacated their titles because Higuchi won back the 65kg championship. Tetsuya Sano successfully defended the 75kg title for the 4th time. Ryo Asami picked up a win via scissor choke and Keinosuke Yoshinaga quickly finished Masahell in an exhibition bout.

DEEP JEWELS 16 results
Some clips
King Reina vs Kristin Handel

Momo vs Momoko Yamazaki

Mizuki Furuse vs Madoka Ishibashi

Should be some official video posted within the next few days

Word is that true RINGS will return next year focusing on Heavyweights, try not to get too excited tino

I guess the Asakura bros vacated their titles because Higuchi won back the 65kg championship. Tetsuya Sano successfully defended the 75kg title for the 4th time. Ryo Asami picked up a win via scissor choke and Keinosuke Yoshinaga quickly finished Masahell in an exhibition bout.

DEEP JEWELS 16 results
Some clips

Momo vs Momoko Yamazaki

anyone knows under what rules the fights would happen in RINGS?

DEEP JEWELS 16 results
Some clips

Momo vs Momoko Yamazaki

I saw masa in some random Chinese event doing a job the other day

I saw some outsiders make cameoS in that beat Koki kameda for 90k that ameba tv did too
yuta itagaki was trying to fight him and yoshinaga was training Yuta Mugiwarano who was gonna fight him

Last edited:
Pancrase 287 results
Wakamatsu continues to look like a good prospect, huge power from a variety of strikes. Massive KO win over Furumaki who beat Ryuichi Miki (was King of Pancrase at the time) in his last fight.

Horie and Ota in the Neo Blood Tournament looked like guys to keep an eye on, both from top gyms in Alliance and Yoshida Dojo. Teppei Maeyama moved to 3-0 as a Strawweight over Pancrase staple and troll face extraordinaire Takuya Eizumi. Maeyama came up through AACC's kids team at the same time as Ryuto Sawada.

Ayaka Miura had a big throw straight into the scarfhold armlock finish but came out with only a no contest since she missed weight.

Hiroshige Tanaka put Hioki face down with the first punch landed, Hioki's fall from grace is about to hit rock bottom.

Syuri Kondo became the first ever Strawweight Queen of Pancrase with a decisive win over Kinberly Novaes. This pretty much establishes Syuri as one of the best regional Strawweights. It wasn't the most exciting fight but it did pick up later on with Syuri dominating the second half with knees from the front headlock position.

Ishiwatari defended his King of Pancrase title successfully for the 5th time by defeating former Bellator title challenger Rafael Silva. Silva was able to do his wet blanket act for the first 2 rounds but then Ishiwatari started stuffing shots and getting top control himself, dropping bombs from there and doing much more damage from on top than Silva did. Hopefully Ishiwatari ends up in the RIZIN GP as one of the guys getting a first round bye, he has clearly established himself as one of the best BWs outside of the UFC.

They also announced 2015 Shooto Lightweight Rookie Tournament champion Koyomi Matsushima vs UFC vet and 2011 Lightweight Rookie champion Yusuke Kasuya for Pancrase 289.

Last edited:
The first set of bouts for Grachan 30 have been revealed. The big news being former King of Pancrase, Shoji Maruyama, will be fighting for the first time since his back and forth 2013 FOTY bout against Doo Ho Choi. He faces Team Hellboy's Jakob Grzegorzek.

Also on the card is the lesser known but always entertaining ZST Shimizu bro, Rider Hiro.

This is supposed to be the first event that they live stream so hopefully we get a few more of their better guys but having SHOJI already makes this event worth it.

Also Shoot Boxing announced that this year's Girl's S-Cup is happening July 7th and it sounds like RENA will likely main event it so it's probably safe to assume she won't fight in RIZIN's July event but who knows
DBDv9kQUIAAymOx.jpg

The first set of bouts for Grachan 30 have been revealed. The big news being former King of Pancrase, Shoji Maruyama, will be fighting for the first time since his back and forth 2013 FOTY bout against Doo Ho Choi. He faces Team Hellboy's Jakob Grzegorzek.

Also on the card is the lesser known but always entertaining ZST Shimizu bro, Rider Hiro.

This is supposed to be the first event that they live stream so hopefully we get a few more of their better guys but having SHOJI already makes this event worth it.
wow, good to see SHOJI again.

Bunch of stuff announced in the last week or so
5 title fights and Hisaki Kato vs Young Jun Jeon set for HEAT 40

DEEP Cage Impact 2017 in Korakuen Hall is really shaping up, it's a shame that Kikuno got injured though. 3 title fights, including the Welterweight Grand Prix finals, and Chiaki Ota (formerly Kawabata) returns from a decade hiatus to take on Satoko Shinashi.

Takumi Tamaru had to pull out of his fight against Yoshiro Maeda at next week's Shooto due to an LCL injury suffered in a car accident. GLADIATOR champ Go Minamide steps in against Maeda.

Also interesting is that former DEEP champion Seichi Ikemoto will be making his pro wrestling debut for NOAH next month.

Grachan uploaded videos from GRACHAN 29 to YouTube

It was a big month of Amateur Shooto with it being amateur championships season. There were a bunch of regional qualifiers for All-Japan.

10th Chugoku Championships
15th Kansai Championships
7th Hokushin'etsu Championships
11th Kyushu Championships

The most interesting fighter to come out of the tournaments so far is definitely Shuto Aki. He's won 3 tournaments in as many weeks and has a 7-0 record this month. Kazuya Iwasa looks good as well, winning one of the tougher brackets and being from a solid team in Shooto Gym Blows. Karai Harada was the winner of the only women's tournament so far, beating out DEEP JEWELS, Pancrase, and ROAD vet Natsuki Shimomakise.

They have been streaming some of the events here and have full event VOD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back