No Spoilers Official GOD OF WAR: RAGNARÖK Discussion

India? Boss fight with Ganesha would be epic.

India definitely has an amazing pantheon. Shiva would also be really cool. Unfortunately, since many of those gods are still worshipped, I doubt the team would include them outside of passing mentions and Easter eggs.

Yeah i was trying to explain this in the other thread. I'd love Aztec gods to be used but it's a case of which gods will be recognized by the casual player... i really hope they do the unexpected but i fully expect Kratos vs Anubis.

Good point. I’m not even up to date on my Aztec mythology. I also agree, Anubis v Kratos will happen. They could very well end the Norse saga and move into a more wider Kratos vs multiple realms which would end the traditional mythologies as we know them. That would have him travel all over the place.

Thor was shown in the trailer to be in this game. How bad ass would it be if you took possession of Thor’s hammer and added Mjolnir to your arsenal. The Leviathan Ax does some similar stuff, but adding a hammer could bring in heavy attack types.

Good point. I’m not even up to date on my Aztec mythology. I also agree, Anubis v Kratos will happen. They could very well end the Norse saga and move into a more wider Kratos vs multiple realms which would end the traditional mythologies as we know them. That would have him travel all over the place.

I agree, and just to be clear to everyone i'm not doing the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" thing by saying i'm pretty sure it'll be Egyptian gods next, i hope they go some unusual and unexpected route with the next arc, i really do, i'm just trying to think from a marketing standpoint that's all.

Thor was shown in the trailer to be in this game. How bad ass would it be if you took possession of Thor’s hammer and added Mjolnir to your arsenal. The Leviathan Ax does some similar stuff, but adding a hammer could bring in heavy attack types.

Killing Odin with Thor's hammer sounds like a real power move.

I’m not sure how close the comics are to the real lore, but I’ve always been under the impression that only Odin can give permission to wield the hammer. Of course they add in some plot and I’m almost positive Kratos will hold it by the end of the game. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see his Kid hold it either.

I’m not sure how close the comics are to the real lore, but I’ve always been under the impression that only Odin can give permission to wield the hammer. Of course they add in some plot and I’m almost positive Kratos will hold it by the end of the game. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see his Kid hold it either.

Norse arc gonna end where Atreus aka Loki becomes evil and you have to kill your own son with Mjolnir.

It would be awesome but it would also mean that you kill Thor half way through the game or something. So who would be the big bad at that point then?

Thor looks like a dump truck, I love it.

Just saw a tweet from some who said they voice Ratatoskr. Sounds cool.
Yeah, Thor was a pig who ate and drank constantly but could kick the shit out of anyone. I love the design.

It would be awesome but it would also mean that you kill Thor half way through the game or something. So who would be the big bad at that point then?

I saw Thor as one of the main antagonists, but thought of Freya as the biggest threat by the end of the last game. It’s been a long time since playing so I’m a bit fuzzy on some of the plot details.

I saw Thor as one of the main antagonists, but thought of Freya as the biggest threat by the end of the last game. It’s been a long time since playing so I’m a bit fuzzy on some of the plot details.

I have no problem playing or against females. Returnal ranks as one of my favorite games and Control was a blast. That said, Freya as the main baddie seems like a bad idea. She can split time with Thor / Odin, but fighting her as the end boss would be bumming. It just doesn’t fit the lore unless somehow she siphons Thor or Odins power which would be PIS.

The Fenrir fight it going to be amazing and we will more than likely fight Tyr as he will betray us. There’s also rumors that Greek mythology creature like Chiron might show up. So pumped for this.

I hope we see some of those mentioned here:

This will make buy a ps5 but as i expected, it doesnt look a world better than the ps4. Its better but not by much. I watched the Wolverine and Spiderman 2 trailers and thought the same.

So that tree of life table, with all those inaccessible areas in ps4s god of war.....fuck them huh?

I expected a dlc for those areas or a ps4 sequel for them.

Really not a fan of the emerging trend of "So and so as KARGAS". Keep the dumb movie shit out of the games

Really not a fan of the emerging trend of "So and so as KARGAS". Keep the dumb movie shit out of the games
Yeah, fuck them insanely talented people who bring life to these characters.

Yeah, fuck them insanely talented people who bring life to these characters.
You mean the artists and animators?

Come on man you know you're misrepresenting me.
I think voice actors deserve tons of credit, just find a less cringey way to honor them

Last edited:
You mean the artists and animators?

Come on man you know you're misrepresenting me.
I think voice actors deserve tons of credit, just find a less cringey way to honor them
Lol just seemed like a weird thing to be bothered about.

I think it’s cool to see more recognition of people behind these characters. Voice actors/performance artists elevate these games to some crazy heights with their performances, especially in a story driven title.

Lol just seemed like a weird thing to be bothered about.

I think it’s cool to see more recognition of people behind these characters. Voice actors/performance artists elevate these games to some crazy heights with their performances, especially in a story driven title.
My own aversion to seeing games get closer to cinema productions. I trust SM but when I see stuff like that it makes me think of a bunch of assholes in suits telling the devs they need to make it more like a movie.

I truly am a huge advocate for voice actors. I actually found and interviewed Justin Gross because I was livid when I found out Blizzard didn't hire him as Arthas for Wrath, because they offered him a pitiful amount of money for it, and he politely declined.
I think it would be awesome for them to do videos with the actors like they do with the dev teams.

So that tree of life table, with all those inaccessible areas in ps4s god of war.....fuck them huh?

I expected a dlc for those areas or a ps4 sequel for them.

Those are the areas explored in this game by the looks of it plus the other ones have been expanded so you can visit all 9 realms in Ragnarok.

Back