Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

Worth buying full price? I’m worried I won’t enjoy it as much as I did the first one. I became obsessed with the entire souls series since then and that may have ruined this for me.
I bought this in the mood for something similar and hated it at first. There’s no enemy lock-on mechanic and consistent with that, the game isn’t designed around deeper 1:1 encounters akin to Soulsborne; it’s busier mob combat, rather.

Hired a pawn tonight impressively fashioned after Wild Hunt’s Butcher of Blaviken and aptly named Geralt. With a perfect scar over left eye and all, I’m so impressed I’m going to gift his Arisen something special as a nod of appreciation when we part.

Did they literally create a micro transaction to enable fast travel? Somebody please say this isnt true…

Did they literally create a micro transaction to enable fast travel? Somebody please say this isnt true…
No. You can earn wake stones in game fairly easily, and port crystals are also around. The micro transaction bullshit is just for people who want shit handed to them.

No. You can earn wake stones in game fairly easily, and port crystals are also around. The micro transaction bullshit is just for people who want shit handed to them.
Good to know. I thought they had monetized fast travel from a few things I’d read.

Good to know. I thought they had monetized fast travel from a few things I’d read.

I'm playing the first one and I think it's great. From what I've read and seen (thank you sherbros/Shersisters), they didn't stray too far from the formula.

Make SURE you have a lantern in your inventory and oil. The oil can be found all over the place. When it gets dark... It gets DARK.

"The night is long and full of terrors..."

I’ve heard this too but haven’t seen anything like that myself nor is it promoted anywhere that a player sees just by virtue of playing.

The game’s a lot of fun; you just have to be chill to vibe with it (go get lost in a forest, find a creepy cottage, draw weapons, have fun) and not expect to be white-knuckling anything except on rare occasion or in the off chance you piss an ogre off.

The fast travel is the same as the first game except they added an ox cart system for cheaper travel. You have to show up in the morning and pay 200 gold to travel to the next town. Only thing is your ride might get interrupted by monsters.

I'm playing the first one and I think it's great. From what I've read and seen (thank you sherbros/Shersisters), they didn't stray too far from the formula.

Make SURE you have a lantern in your inventory and oil. The oil can be found all over the place. When it gets dark... It gets DARK.

"The night is long and full of terrors..."
You can also make lantern oil if you have rotten food.

Also have a camping kit, and even 2. You can't rest at a campsite without one, and if you're attacked at night they can get destroyed which SUCKS when you're miles away from a town and it's fucking night time. Sphincter's clinched time.

You can also make lantern oil if you have rotten food.

Also have a camping kit, and even 2. You can't rest at a campsite without one, and if you're attacked at night they can get destroyed which SUCKS when you're miles away from a town and it's fucking night time. Sphincter's clinched time.
I just loathe how heavy the camping gear is; reckon the lightest kit comes in at 7 units. On some of the longer treks to new cities for example, you really best suffer one though – or two, like you advise. I’ve had terrible luck travelling by ox cart with our being ambushed by griffins and then cartless after destruction. FML. Camping is the way.

I just loathe how heavy the camping gear is; reckon the lightest kit comes in at 7 units. On some of the longer treks to new cities for example, you really best suffer one though – or two, like you advise. I’ve had terrible luck travelling by ox cart with our being ambushed by griffins and then cartless after destruction. FML. Camping is the way.
Lightest is the adventurers pack at I think 5.7 units.

My last 2 or 3 ox cart trips went off without a hitch, when of course I was hoping to whoop some ass. But you are 100% camping is the way. I just love wandering around and finding a cave or have a goblin attack out of nowhere. I'm in no hurry to get to the next area, or even complete the "main" quests from the 1st town.

If you go to the Checkpoint town there's a quest that gives you one that weighs 4. Some guy with a backpack is standing in front of town and asks you to find an orb for him.

FYI, body size affects how much you can carry. I made my pawn a 6'7 Amazonian with thunder thighs. She carries all my stuff. And go around looking for those yellow bugs on trees, they increase how much you can carry.

If you go to the Checkpoint town there's a quest that gives you one that weighs 4. Some guy with a backpack is standing in front of town and asks you to find an orb for him.

FYI, body size affects how much you can carry. I made my pawn a 6'7 Amazonian with thunder thighs. She carries all my stuff. And go around looking for those yellow bugs on trees, they increase how much you can carry.
I made a Beastren after my first cat - a huge orange dude.

Looked great as a fighter.

Looks a bit odd as a thief lol.

Back