off to college

Staussy1

White Belt
Reaction score
whats up everyone i plan on transfering to a new college away from home.ive bin boxing and doing MT for about 2 years and was hoping that i wouldnt have to give it up.does anyone know any schools that provide a boxing gym on campus or somthing like that

You should've started this thread in the Standup Sub-Forum. The guys over there would've been able to help you better.

Anyways, which part of the country are you planning on going to?

Most colleges have a gymnasium with workout equipment and heavy bags but the boxing classes offered there are geared more towards cardio boxing (like the classes you find in Bally's or some other sports club).

Your best bet would be to find a real boxing gym off campus (if available).

Just go to frat parties and bash drunks. If you're drunk too it's kind of like altitude training.

If you transfer to Boston University/suffolk/northeastern there is "the Ring" which is a straight up boxing Gym. If you wanna do more mma type stuff you have Florian Martial Arts. You also have sityodtong which is dellagrotte's gym which is more in the sommerville area which is like 35 mins (public transit) from the Boston area, Or if you're mad smart and transfer to Harvard it's even closer by

btw boston university has florian like 15 minute walk from west campus and the right a 2 minute walk from west campus

it all depends on where you're moving. if you're going to michigan state they offer a boxing class through the crown gym in lansing. i've heard there's a gym called big house boxing that does some mt and mma style stuff but i've never been so i can't comment on the level of training you'd get there

I know this is your first post, but you got to give us more information if you're looking for help. Where are you moving to? Which college are you going to?

Most schools have some kind of martial arts club. I know at Purdue we have BJJ club, kickboxing, JKD, karate, MT, and just a general MMA club (to which jon fitch, stephen bohnar and Matt Mitrione have all made an appearance at). So pretty much any school you attend will have club martial arts. If your really serious though i would find a decent gym off campus to train at.

thanks all that info was really helpfull.

I live in NY btw so i most likly wont venture to far away.

Back