Off day from diet???

meatballar85

White Belt
Reaction score
does anyone take a off day from ur diet where u eat whatever u want, with in reason no fast food or anything????? iam on my diet at least 6 days and take sundays off, should i just stay on it all the time???

does anyone take a off day from ur diet where u eat whatever u want, with in reason no fast food or anything????? iam on my diet at least 6 days and take sundays off, should i just stay on it all the time???

Honestly, what do you think?

Honestly, what do you think?

Haha, noobloser is right..
But I get your point, its better to have one splurge-day, instead of bursting your entire diet when you`ve had enough.

In weekends, I normally eat some junk a couple of times a day, on resting days, but I wouldnt dedicate an entire day to it. After all, Im trying to recover and be healthy here.
I would only feel bad about it.
BUt one day is not gonna hurt you too much.

Everyone cheats. But dedicating a specific day to blow your whole diet every week just doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Especially if you are cutting by low-carb/no-carb dieting. It will take days to get your body back into ketosis.

If you're going to cheat, have a cheat meal here one week and then immediately get back on the wagon.

I think its good to have a cheat day once per week or two.

Ill cheat here and there but I don't really have a specific day for it. THough its usually on the weekend. TS, if you buy GourmetNutirtion v.2.0, theres 'cheat meals' that are healthy for you. Good stuff in there. Actually they're not cheat meals but they sure do look and taste like it. I still have to pick up the book one of these days.

I think most people cheat from time to time. To be honest, I think you are better off sticking to your diet and learning to make informed decisions. There are a lot of junk "tasting" foods out there that are also extremely healthy.

The biggest cheat I ever make is eating pizza from time to time. I also end up getting stuck having fast food when I'm with my family, because they are lazy, can't cook, and have no idea how useless it is to eat a big mac, fries, and a coke.

have one splurge day, even if its fast food

try to have it earlier in the day

90/10 rule, 100% of the time. Keeps your diet and sanity balanced.

its funny that u mention this because i just took my cheat day!! yes it boosts the ****bolism to take a cheat day every so often

^^lol...me too. I had chilli cheesefires from Checkers. Plus 2 checkerburgers. lol!

i have treats when i want, but i dont have a whole day where i eat poorly, i find after ice cream or something i feel pretty crappy so i dont have the desire to eat crap again for a couple meals :p

any time I visit my parents turns out to be cheat day. a couple of drops of the irish and some home cooking can make the next morning session pretty rough however.

thanks guys for the info, ill just be sure too try and make it a one day one meal thing cuz i do feel like shit after i cheat on my diet. sucks tho theres a sonic about too open like 5 mins from where i live....damn fast food chains

Today I ate a single square meal and, in celebration of Baby Jebus's orbit of the Earth, a 2800-calorie chocolate easter egg.

Actually, it was one big egg with a smaller egg inside, and three caramel truffle eggs inside that.

I love you asranaut Jebus!

i know numerous amateur and pro atheletes who have at one time or another done the all out cheat day diet...not sure about the science behind it but these guys ate like a damn pig one day a week and healthy the rest of the time...

one guy in particular was a top ten ranked in the wbc and an amazing boxer...this cat would eat a cartons of ice cream or handfuls of twinkies and mcnuggets in one sitting. The next day he would be in the gym tearing it up and back on the healty path.

i swear by the 90-10 rule...i think some people on this forum exaggerate the effect that a couple crappy meals a week will have on you.

its funny that u mention this because i just took my cheat day!! yes it boosts the ****bolism to take a cheat day every so often

Uh, how do you know a cheat meal boosts the m.etabolism if you don't even know what they are eating in their cheat meal?

Back