Obama Calls for End of NSA's Bulk Data Collection

His approval rating was in the 70s after he was elected, now it's in the 40s. I guess it took people a while to realize that he was black? :rolleyes:

This is an agency of the executive branch and the Prez absolutely has the power to kill it. I find it disingenious to propose killing it by method of putting it forward for a vote where plenty on both the right and the left will ensure by slim margins that it stays.

Then again, if congress votes to keep it, the prez would have an opportunity to overrule and kill it singlehandedly. That would be magic for his approval ratings....but I won't hold my breath.

Sounds like a good bit of drama they could setup. An epic battle ensued by the righteous to dash down the NSA beast but alas, just as they thought it would be slain it escaped by the narrowest of margins.

A valiant effort.

Those stats are racist.

To be honest the percentage really doesn't mean much.
It doesn't look at compromises and doesn't distinguish between the importance of the issues.
Going through the list to see what promises have been made and which ones have been kept, broken or compromised on is worth doing though.
It's worth noting that Obama fails a lot on promises which run counter to the interests of powerful lobbys. For instance eliminating oil and gas tax loopholes, closing corporate income tax loopholes, enacting a windfall tax for oil companies and creating a carbon cap and trade program.

Back