Oasis (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Rate the album:

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most will think this is Oasis greatest album. I honestly believe so. There some classic songs in this album. Champagne Supernova is probably my favorite.

Definitely Maybe >>>

Imo.

What's the story has some great tunes but has a few misfires.

Solid 9 for me, the album has a few misses but the hits make up for them.

I went and saw Weezer a few months back and they did a cover of Wonderwall and it sounded great. The lead singer came out into the crowd and did it with an acoustic guitar. It took everyone’s attention away from the stage while they did a set change.

Most will think this is Oasis greatest album. I honestly believe so. There some classic songs in this album. Champagne Supernova is probably my favorite.

Definitely one of the greatest albums released during my high school years.

Besides their egos, one of the best albums in the last few decades

I was asked to stop singing Oasis songs at work.........I said maybe

I'm too old to have been impressed with them while they were a thing.
My Irish cousin used to drive me nuts every time someone used the expression "What's the story".

definitely maybe will always be their greatest album imo, as soon as i hear the opening riff of rock 'n' roll star i just leave the whole album on without shuffling. not many albums has my attention span like that.

tbh i don't care much for wonderwall, don't look back in anger, champagne supernova, roll with it, etc. i can see how it beat the great escape and but felt like country house was better than roll with it when both bands released those singles in the same week and they were trying to top each other with record sales.

definitely maybe will always be their greatest album imo, as soon as i hear the opening riff of rock 'n' roll star i just leave the whole album on without shuffling. not many albums has my attention span like that.

tbh i don't care much for wonderwall, don't look back in anger, champagne supernova, roll with it, etc. i can see how it beat the great escape and but felt like country house was better than roll with it when both bands released those singles in the same week and they were trying to top each other with record sales.
the Great escape was probably one of Blur's weaker albums, yet this is seen by many as Oasis's best, I agree the debut effort is far better.

Definitely a great album. One of those albums that felt like something very special

I always thought this was underrated af

There are a few Oasis tracks i love but Blur was/is the superior band

Outside of Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back In Anger, I felt it wasn't good. Basically, one of those albums where you buy it for a few singles and you find out those are the only good songs.

Blur's Parklife is a MUCH superior album, IMO the greatest album I've ever listened to. Literally every song is enjoyable, even the instrumentals and short "throw away" songs. Blur's self-titled album is also much better. Can't go wrong with Song 2, eh Bisping?

I found Morning Glory very overrated. Not near as overrated as OK Computer (it at least has 3 good songs), but that's probably another thread.

Outside of Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back In Anger, I felt it wasn't good. Basically, one of those albums where you buy it for a few singles and you find out those are the only good songs.

Blur's Parklife is a MUCH superior album, IMO the greatest album I've ever listened to. Literally every song is enjoyable, even the instrumentals and short "throw away" songs. Blur's self-titled album is also much better. Can't go wrong with Song 2, eh Bisping?

I found Morning Glory very overrated. Not near as overrated as OK Computer (it at least has 3 good songs), but that's probably another thread.
giphy.gif

Back