• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime NZ Christchurch Shooting (Part II) [5/29/2019: "Egg boy" donates $70k to survivors]

I didn't even know there were mosques in New Zealand before this attack.

1.18% according to the 2013 census.

For reference, 47.65% are self reported as Christian, 41.92% as no religion, 2.11% as Hindu, 1.36% as Maori Christian. The remainder are all less than 1%.

MOD fight MOD fight

They're both pretty anal retentive, and damn well fit to lord over the plebs on this subforum. As Class of 2004/05 OG's, one can only wonder how many quarrels they've gotten into over the last 15 years. Wtf, that's like half of my entire life.

{<jordan}

In other news, Reddit banned /r/watchpeopledie and /r/gore.

Funnily enough, the community of /r/watchpeopledie are (were?) usually more courteous and respectful than half of reddit.

Yet you haven't explained how they determine who their members are. You haven't provided any details about how the security apparatus for this "closed event".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Patriots_Front

Are they card-carrying members? Do they have a membership list? It's a Facebook-organized group, Rup. If getting into the group is as simple as hitting "Join" on social media then you haven't established any cogent reason to disqualify the kid if he is willing to say, "I'm UDL" just to get in and pull his prank.

....and that would just further my point. They are all about restricting immigration on the basis of race, religion or ethnicity, but because all they use is these massive generalisations, they aren't actually securing anything.
As has been emphatically demonstrated by this event (the shooting that is).
Clicking join on facebooks while being white and perhaps throwing up a roman salute, isn't security.
Likewise they talk about strength and prosperity through homogeniety, but their history is a litany of infighting, schisms and criminal convictions.
They prove that their reasoning is bullshit through their own behaviour.

They're both pretty anal retentive, and damn well fit to lord over the plebs on this subforum. As Class of 2004/05 OG's, one can only wonder how many quarrels they've gotten into over the last 15 years. Wtf, that's like half of my entire life.

{<jordan}

Hah! I'd prefer analytical to anally retentive, but sure. Madmick and I don't usually agree much on politics, only on bans.

I finally saw the video

I find it interesting how 90% of the people's first instinct was to group up in the corners

Another thing I noticed was that the gunman was able to hang around a long time. It seems like the response time of the police was pretty slow

This guy has time to go back to his car then walk back inside the mosque

Crazy shit

....and that would just further my point. They are all about restricting immigration on the basis of race, religion or ethnicity, but because all they use is these massive generalisations, they aren't actually securing anything.
As has been emphatically demonstrated by this event (the shooting that is).
Clicking join on facebooks while being white and perhaps throwing up a roman salute, isn't security.
Likewise they talk about strength and prosperity through homogeniety, but their history is a litany of infighting, schisms and criminal convictions.
They prove that their reasoning is bullshit through their own behaviour.
No, what would further your point would be the ability to demonstrate some actual knowledge of how they secured the event, or the ability to demonstrate that not a single Australian of mixed race wasn't in attendance, but you clearly don't cannot, and are making blind assumptions in absence of that knowledge.
*Edit* Their Facebook page doesn't say anything about whiteness being requisite to joining. It appears to barely be active. They didn't even advertise this event.

These guys are dumbasses, but you made a presumption here, and you haven't been able to substantiate it. If it's a "closed event" where anybody who professes to be part of that group was allowed in, then clearly security wasn't a concern at all.

All you have demonstrated is that you are guilty of making assumptions about people...exactly like those who sought to criticize. Be more precise. Be better.

Last edited:
I finally saw the video

I find it interesting how 90% of the people's first instinct was to group up in the corners

Another thing I noticed was that the gunman was able to hang around a long time. It seems like the response time of the police was pretty slow

This guy has time to go back to his car then walk back inside the mosque

Crazy shit

The start with the shotty was like straight out of an action movie.

At the end of the hallway, was the guy trying to get past or tackle him?

I've lived in christchurch all my life and would not expect this sort of thing. Even the gangs have spoken out against these killings.
We like to think we are not racist on the whole in New Zealand but it's still there like in any country.
Gun control is not as tight as it should be and has been in the past. Gun city did big ad campaign etc when they made the semi autos available alot of people were thinking... Why would anyone want one of them? My partner reckons they are only good for shooting rabbits if your a crap shot or to have fun at a shooting range. Alot of people own guns (not just farmers) because alot of people like to hunt pig, deer, goat... All pests to our native bush and therefore supported and encouraged. We own a couple guns, I'm not licensed but my partner is but I can still use them if he's around or if I'm on my own property (we have a block of land). The police screening is not exactly thorough you just need 2 people to vouch for you and go through an interview. Guns are not registered anymore and you can get some stupidly high powered guns once you have a license. One could suspect he did this in New Zealand rather than Aussie because our gun laws are slack and so he could aquire his weaponry easier etc.
Basically he was a nutter with a gun who picked a minority (in nz) group to take his need for violence out on. Trying to apply politics and logic to such individuals is futile. He used guns because he wanted the fame to have a more hands on approach (I. E he's a nutter). If it was truly political/racial wanting to rid the place of Muslims he would have chosen a more efficient and effective method. He had the bombs as a secondary measure not primary, one was found on a "victim" going into hospital... After that all patients were fully stripped before coming in. Note I have that second hand from a nurse who was on lock down overlooking the emergency department.
Currently there is still road closures, large armed police presence and helicopters over our city. I've heard no one shooting rabbits/pukekos/possums on their blocks which you normally would most nights. We certainly won't be shooting anything for awhile.
People are still worried even though the nutter has been caught. We took our dog to local dog park for a walk Friday night (not near shootings) normally there would be heaps of people out but only 3 others.
Christchurch is used to natural disasters not terrorism. We get earthquakes, fires, floods... Not nutters with guns, so everyone is in a state of shock.
Because of our size all immigrants tend to mix with everyone else no matter their culture or religion. Our kids go to the same schools, we live next door to each other, shop in the same places, we are one community.

The start with the shotty was like straight out of an action movie.

At the end of the hallway, was the guy trying to get past or tackle him?

Ether way took him down. Anyone who hasn’t watched it, don’t, totally regret seeing that.

Fair play to the some media blanking out this weak cunts face

Yeah, Rup, not sure why you introduced the nonsense this was some heavily secured event. Here is the open invitation to Victorian supporters on that politician's Facebook page:
Dear Victorian supporters,

I invite you to a meeting concerning the future of Victoria and Australia’s safety and prosperity. I will be attending and this will be a great chance for anyone interested in my party to meet one another and discuss our plans for this coming Federal election. We will also address the growing surge in violence from African Gangs and the need to change Australia’s immigration policies.

The event will be held this Saturday the 16th March at 2pm

The venue is located at D27 26-28 Roberna Street, Moorabbin, which is a private commercial studio space.

Please click going on this event if you are coming so we have an idea for numbers.

Thank you once again for your continued support in our quest to save Australia!

Sincerely

Senator Fraser Anning

Shame on you.

There are only 2 in chch both were attacked. Linwood is in a rough area which always has a police patrol nearby. Deans Ave is a mixed area overlooking our main park, not a high police presence unless there is an event on.

How crazy safe is Australia that a Senator can have a media conference and put an open invite on FB

Unfortunately, these measures initiated this terrorist attack

1- the politicians in the west used Muslims as a card in their campaigns, in order to get more votes consider to use this card. Hence, the media ( which is controlled by the politicians) was and still brainwashing the public and spreading hate against Muslims (e.g fox). The public like the emotions and nationilism. The best way to obtain more votes is spread hate against the evil aliens .

2- the extreme rights in the west are spreading the hate legally against the minorities in the internet and media, spreading hate and rasicim is not free speach. I understand most people do not listen to them, but there will be always sociopath who will be brainwashed by the media and somw internet websites ( if you know what I mean).

To overhaul this dilemma, laws and regulations shall be updated and implemented to stop any hate speech

Unfortunately, these measures initiated this terrorist attack

1- the politicians in the west used Muslims as a card in their campaigns, in order to get more votes consider to use this card. Hence, the media ( which is controlled by the politicians) was and still brainwashing the public and spreading hate against Muslims (e.g fox). The public like the emotions and nationilism. The best way to obtain more votes is spread hate against the evil aliens .

2- the extreme rights in the west are spreading the hate legally against the minorities in the internet and media, spreading hate and rasicim is not free speach. I understand most people do not listen to them, but there will be always sociopath who will be brainwashed by the media and somw internet websites ( if you know what I mean).

To overhaul this dilemma, laws and regulations shall be updated and implemented to stop any hate speech
No, a lunatic with a gun initiated this terrorist attack.

There is no reasonable basis to abridge any speech laws. Islam suffers rhetorical judgment because there have been literally hundreds of thousands of men running wild across the Middle East doing exactly what this young man did, and would have replicated his exact crime if they could against "infidels" in New Zealand if given the opportunity.

Hundreds of thousands.

Ether way took him down. Anyone who hasn’t watched it, don’t, totally regret seeing that.

Fair play to the some media blanking out this weak cunts face

Personally, people should have access to unedited videos if they choose to watch. It gives the viewer an opportunity to make up their own mind without any outside interference.

I never watched anything and relied on who ever was working on the news desk at the time to explain the horror. Fuck that.

Back