NWA World Championship Wrestling

ObamaPhoneLady

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been watching NWA World Championship Wrestling on the Network and it's gotta be the best thing on there.

It picks up a couple weeks before the formation of the Four Hoursemen in November of '85 and continues on until the Summer of '89 so this is a Horsemen-centric collection, featuring the group's peak era.

Hopefully they get the GCW era as well as the first couple of years under the WCW banner on the Network soon.

Anyone else been watching this?

This was when I first started watching wrestling and rewatching the shows its easy to remember why I fell in love with pro wrestling
85 and 86 were magic years for Crockett promotions, so much great talent and Dustys booking was at its peak

I was already a WWF fan but around 89 is when I got into the NWA and became a huge fan of Ric Flair, Sting, and Dusty Rhodes

I don't have the network but got to watch it live back in the day. If you ever get the chance to see pre-85 stuff like Georgia, Mid Atlantic, Florida, or WCCW (Texas) give it a shot. Some great, great stuff.

I don't have the network but got to watch it live back in the day. If you ever get the chance to see pre-85 stuff like Georgia, Mid Atlantic, Florida, or WCCW (Texas) give it a shot. Some great, great stuff.

A lot of that stuff's on there too.

I grew up in western NC, and was insanely into this weekly show. (I'm old enough that I started watching back with Mid Atlantic.) I still think it's the best wrasslin show ever.

I didn't have satellite or cable as a kid, so I never saw WWF until Saturday Night's Main Event came along.

Back